Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

Just did servicing. AD was prompt to solve both my problems in just half a day. (Very prompt) :a-happy: 

Reverse camera is much clearer now... helps me park faster.

GPS is spot on now... doesnt take donkey ages to connect to a satelite.

The drive is much smoother after the servicing... (Two more free slots to go) [thumbsup]

What more, received a box of pineapple tarts and beautiful tissue box...  :chilling: 

My satisfaction Jar has been refilled.... [nod] 

+++++

Thumbs up. 

Nice.  I don't mind getting the pineapple tarts too!

What did they do to your GPS to improve the satellite connection?

↡ Advertisement

Surprise. Thought turbo cars need lower octane fuel so that they can compress during turbo charging time. Maybe I mistaken.

Orlando seems a good MPV. Just that AD is selling quite costly as compare to Carens where the vehicle OMV is much higher. That is why I hesitate until now on Orlando.

Hope to hear more about it in this forum.

The Carens could be more expensive if you add in the higher annual road tax you have to pay for a 2.0L NA engine compared to the 1.4L turbocharged Orlando over ten years of ownership.  You would paying $1,200+ for the Carens versus $600+ for the Orlando every year.

Anyway, I have heard of someone paying less than $110K for his new Orlando a couple of months ago.

• Praise 1

Yea I must say the Pineapple Tarts were pretty good; came in a box of 20.

(Sorry that I forgot to take pictures, but it looks something like this, the packaging looked like a Rocher box)

post-130523-0-36200300-1454238293.jpg

For the GPS, SA told me they changed the receiver unit (hardware). It was reflected on the Chit also... So now we're able to get signal pretty quickly, and works much much BETTER than before.

They also changed hardware for the reverse cam... 

Nice.  I don't mind getting the pineapple tarts too!

What did they do to your GPS to improve the satellite connection?

• Praise 1

And I should also mentioned, it may no be a good thing but... 

.. the fact that they were able to react so calmly, as though they were kinda expecting the problem...

It gave me an uneasy vibe that these issues were fairly common...  [:/] or maybe just over-thinking a bit...

For the GPS, SA told me they changed the receiver unit (hardware). It was reflected on the Chit also... So now we're able to get signal pretty quickly, and works much much BETTER than before.

They also changed hardware for the reverse cam... 

Just renewed my road tax.... love it that I'm just paying $246 for 6 months. Also love the fact that I can pump over 30litres of petrol in Malaysia during my weekly trips to Bukit Indah at slightly below 3/4 tank. 

Dear, I can't find topics about new Chevy Silverado, but I would like to know, is this possible? The new 2017 Silverado 1500 spotted at test drive in Michigan?

I found this article:

http://20152016releasedate.com/2017-chevrolet-silverado-1500-specs/

Thanks in advance!

2017-Chevrolet-Silverado-camouflage.jpg

Cannot find never mind.  Gong Xi Fa Cai !

chevy-2559-chinese-new-year-campaign-388

00-red-chevrolet-2013.jpg

Edited by Maverick713

Hi all. I wanted to get a mpv for my next ride but any bro and sis out here advise me. Orlando and Wish, which is more spacious in seating other than others factors like FC / Road Tax / GPS etc.

Edited by Birdmanfree

Hi all. I wanted to get a mpv for my next ride but any bro and sis out here advise me. Orlando and Wish, which is more spacious in seating other than others factors like FC / Road Tax / GPS etc.

I can't compare on spaciousness since I have never sat on the third row of Wish myself. So far, my third row passengers who are my mother and sister are ok with it. 

FC, I have managed to attained about 8.7litre/100km. That is after 15000km. Initially was about 9.1. 

Road tax is definitely much lower than Wish as it is a 1.4l car. My 6 months road tax is $246.

After one year of driving, I would say that I have not regretted getting the car, although now the sales price is 10k lower than what I have paid for. 

Orlando is bigger. Wish is for smaller drivers. Orlando driver seat yup for tall and big.

Quality. Wish beats Orlando hands down. It's a Toyota, duh.

Drivability. About the same.

Pricing, you get what you paid for. Perhaps Orlando here can have dealer package for all the bells and whistles.

Else the VW Touran level would be something to think about.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, i was at the showroom last saturday and very tempted to get this orlando. Anyone purchase through the balloon scheme? I know there is another thread on balloon scheme but seems like this one a bit different. Hope someone can explain for me before i make the purchase. I am new to buying cars so not very familiar with the terms and processes. The sales guys say there is no catch but he is selling so he can say all the good things. Can anyone here explain the cons for this balloon scheme offered by Alpine?

Edited by Mohaimy

Some finer points from Orlando owner:

Road Tax: Orlando cheaper

Real life FC: Orlando confirm can get >11km/L if you light footed. Even if you drive with the occasional need to feel the turbo >10 is v possible. I have never got <10km/L so far, and my mileage is <5k km.

Size: Orlando bigger exterior.

Interior space both are similar, with the following points:

Advantage of wish:

- Wish has the advantage of adjustable 2nd rows, so if you are small size and ferry small sized people its possible to have a slim driver who adjusts to give more space to 2nd row who in turns gives more space to the 3rd, then your 3rd row can sit adult easily.

- Bigger boot

Advantage of Orlando:

- 2nd row folding mechanism makes entry into 3rd row easier than Wish (because the entry space is bigger)

- Seats are thicker and bigger.

- The seating positions even though cannot adjust, will by default allow avg sized adult to seat in last row.

- Higher seating position

For interior, best to bring whole family to try loadin up and see which 1 they like.

Features:

Wish have keyless entry/ push button start which Orlando don't have, while orlando has cruise control and rear aircon which is also key feature for mpv.

Both don't have sliding door, which can be impt consideration for some. The 100k or less AD mpv which have this will be Mz5, but its smaller (both interior and exterior) and more dated interior.

Edited by Windchoco

Some finer points from Orlando owner:

Road Tax: Orlando cheaper

Real life FC: Orlando confirm can get >11km/L if you light footed. Even if you drive with the occasional need to feel the turbo >10 is v possible. I have never got <10km/L so far, and my mileage is <5k km.

Size: Orlando bigger exterior.

Interior space both are similar, with the following points:

Advantage of wish:

- Wish has the advantage of adjustable 2nd rows, so if you are small size and ferry small sized people its possible to have a slim driver who adjusts to give more space to 2nd row who in turns gives more space to the 3rd, then your 3rd row can sit adult easily.

- Bigger boot

Advantage of Orlando:

- 2nd row folding mechanism makes entry into 3rd row easier than Wish (because the entry space is bigger)

- Seats are thicker and bigger.

- The seating positions even though cannot adjust, will by default allow avg sized adult to seat in last row.

- Higher seating position

For interior, best to bring whole family to try loadin up and see which 1 they like.

Features:

Wish have keyless entry/ push button start which Orlando don't have, while orlando has cruise control and rear aircon which is also key feature for mpv.

Both don't have sliding door, which can be impt consideration for some. The 100k or less AD mpv which have this will be Mz5, but its smaller (both interior and exterior) and more dated interior.

Well the Wish has standard 6 airbags and HID headlights and LED tailights la.

Both have VSC and traction control.

But Wish is running on a very old platform. It is considered a workhorse with not much refinement build in. Wish interior and road noise is noticebly higher. That tiny 15" wheels is a big joke. An immediate upgrade to 17 or 18" is required upon delivery of the car.

Also, Wish has a CVT...which can be a potential headache should u need to drive the car for a full 10 yrs.

Wish is running on a stretched G9 Corolla chassis, which is 16 yrs old and counting.

Hehe, being a Malibu owner, I wonder why no one consider the Malibu instead? I think you can get the Malibu for <100k these days too.. Its 2.4L but fuel economy is surprisingly good or a 1.6ton car... And its a true blue Yankee machine, not a Korean car..LOL

Daewoo just CKD the Malibu thats all. Specs is damn good and you get to enjoy alot of unlisted features and equipment too.

post-2078-0-74085200-1455583828_thumb.jpg

post-2078-0-88940300-1455583830_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cheefarn
  • Praise 1

Well the Wish has standard 6 airbags and HID headlights and LED tailights la.

Both have VSC and traction control.

But Wish is running on a very old platform. It is considered a workhorse with not much refinement build in. Wish interior and road noise is noticebly higher. That tiny 15" wheels is a big joke. An immediate upgrade to 17 or 18" is required upon delivery of the car.

Also, Wish has a CVT...which can be a potential headache should u need to drive the car for a full 10 yrs.

Wish is running on a stretched G9 Corolla chassis, which is 16 yrs old and counting.

Hehe, being a Malibu owner, I wonder why no one consider the Malibu instead? I think you can get the Malibu for <100k these days too.. Its 2.4L but fuel economy is surprisingly good or a 1.6ton car... And its a true blue Yankee machine, not a Korean car..LOL

Daewoo just CKD the Malibu thats all. Specs is damn good and you get to enjoy alot of unlisted features and equipment too.

mpv choices available are actually quite limited compared to sedans.

Via AD, how much does basic, intermediate & major cost?

E.g., at mileages,  10k, 20k, 40k?

For Orlando.

↡ Advertisement