Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

Thanks. In fact, I like White Color the most but don't have much time to maintain and wash. Paint coating with Ceramic will cost $1.6K or more as I checked with the shop for Orlando. Silver is the common color that need least maintenance and I settled with this.

Thinking of adding side doors protecting strip that I saw some cars did. Any suggestion as I found many types and not sure what is the most effective of protecting. 

13my-mirage-side-moulding-fr.jpg  cr02716.jpg

Where to get the side doors protecting strip?

↡ Advertisement

Thanks. In fact, I like White Color the most but don't have much time to maintain and wash. Paint coating with Ceramic will cost $1.6K or more as I checked with the shop for Orlando. Silver is the common color that need least maintenance and I settled with this.

Thinking of adding side doors protecting strip that I saw some cars did. Any suggestion as I found many types and not sure what is the most effective of protecting. 

If I remember correctly, CS-II ceramic coating at Ubi costs only about $1.4K.  For around $1.7K, you could have got their even better Titanium coating.

Anyway, I did none of these and for my white Orlando, I just hose it with water (no shampoo) and do a quick wash every 2 weeks or so.  The dirt comes off quite easily.

Based on the dings and dents I got on my doors, none of these would have helped much as they happened in various locations.  I simply waited until I collected a few dents before going for Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) to massage them away.

Hi Brothers,

When my car is in P gear, it will shown only the mileage.  Then I press the "menu" button on the light switch handle, it will shown engine oil logo and %, below is 55, and rest. 

Is it normal?

I called Alpine motor, they asked my to drop by to check.

Any brother knows this?

post-55984-0-59328000-1449794917_thumb.jpg

This has got to do with ... Error Code82

Hi Brothers,

When my car is in P gear, it will shown only the mileage.  Then I press the "menu" button on the light switch handle, it will shown engine oil logo and %, below is 55, and rest. 

Is it normal?

Any brother knows this?

My reverse cam has recently become foggy. - Any brothers got this issue? Any workaround? 
:a-SOS:

My reverse cam has recently become foggy. - Any brothers got this issue? Any workaround?

By right this is not an error, because the color is not red. Is it an indication of engine oil life remains 55%? Now the mileage is 7000km only. If any brother can try on your Orlando by putting the car to parking mode then press the menu botton on turning signal switch handle, it will toggle between the engine oil message and mileage, it will be high appreciatd.

If I remember correctly, CS-II ceramic coating at Ubi costs only about $1.4K.  For around $1.7K, you could have got their even better Titanium coating.

Anyway, I did none of these and for my white Orlando, I just hose it with water (no shampoo) and do a quick wash every 2 weeks or so.  The dirt comes off quite easily.

For 1.4k-1.7k, I would think save the money to do respray of paint say 5 years later. Then, there are some owners who love their car so much to be willingly to part this money. Salute!

If is under warranty, go back to change it. Changed mine and it been good for the past 9 months. I got the foggy reverse cam within the 1st 3 month of car collection. It happened during one of the heavy downpour. Probably the reverse cam seal is faulty.

Mine got foggy within a month. Went to change it during my 1k servicing. Fine till now. But you gotta call and check when and what time the camera guy is in so you can schedule your servicing on the same day.

Hi Brothers,

When my car is in P gear, it will shown only the mileage. Then I press the "menu" button on the light switch handle, it will shown engine oil logo and %, below is 55, and rest.

Is it normal?

Any brother knows this?

This is actually a count down counter for your engine oil. It can be reset to 100. They are supposed to reset (press and hold the button at the tip of the light lever) it for you when they change engine oil during each servicing. I had this issue before, it will show a 'code 82' after it reaches a certain number. It kinda scared me the first time.

So don't worry. It's just a counter. So just go for servicing within 6 months or every 10k mileage and reset it yourself after servicing.

This is actually a count down counter for your engine oil. It can be reset to 100. They are supposed to reset (press and hold the button at the tip of the light lever) it for you when they change engine oil during each servicing. I had this issue before, it will show a 'code 82' after it reaches a certain number. It kinda scared me the first time.

So don't worry. It's just a counter. So just go for servicing within 6 months or every 10k mileage and reset it yourself after servicing.

Hi Ken, thanks for the information.

Hi,this is my first post. I am a new owner. Got my car 4 mths now. Was driving an Altis previously. Just want to share some bad experience .... some pain-posting if you will.

Shattered my rear windscreen 2 days ago. Darn carpark roof top so dark. Also so many hdb car parks today out-dated. Install those darn metal guard rails... hit the top of my rear windscreen. Sounded like an explosion, man! when it broke.. then after that can still cracking sound for a few minutes as the crack spread through out the windscreen. I consider myself a careful driver so this hurts. Ouch!!

Share photo w you all.

Can never figure out what was those protruding bar for. Also 'kena' a few times (previous car). Saved by roof spoiler. Maybe you can install one too. Anyway, is back window covered by insurance? How much is the repair cost?

Can never figure out what was those protruding bar for. Also 'kena' a few times (previous car). Saved by roof spoiler. Maybe you can install one too. Anyway, is back window covered by insurance? How much is the repair cost?

It's someone's "brilliant" idea to squeeze a bigger population into a small piece of land.  However, it's a mistake as it becomes unsafe for MPVs, SUVs and vans to park there.

I have seen a roof spoiler installed on an Orlando before .... it looks kinda weird.  Better to just avoid parking next to these protruding bars than mar the look of the Orlando.

Anyone encounter this problem?

Application start.exe encountered a serious error and must shut down.

Now my dash unit cannot start.

Previously I encountered but the unit restart itself and ok. Now it hangs there.

post-153899-0-84481400-1450421917_thumb.jpg

Orlando Brothers,

Does our ride's come with "Chevrolet's MyLink infotainment System?

I saw on youtube that some country Orlando are equipped with that, looks and function are better.

Can we load it our self? [:p]

Anyone encounter this problem?

Application start.exe encountered a serious error and must shut down.

Now my dash unit cannot start.

Previously I encountered but the unit restart itself and ok. Now it hangs there.

This happened to me last month. I had to return to Alpine for their audio contractor to reload the

software.

Their contractor later emailed me a software patch to enable Chinese characters for MP3 song titles as I lost that feature after the software reload.

Orlando Brothers,

Does our ride's come with "Chevrolet's MyLink infotainment System?

I saw on youtube that some country Orlando are equipped with that, looks and function are better.

Can we load it our self? [:p]

If MyLink is a WinCE application and you can find the software, it probably could work.

Alpine ask me to go down also. What is the downtime? able to fix within a day?

The important thing is to call them and tell them the problem so they can arrange with the respective contractor to come down or send your car to the contractor's workshop.

Else it's going to be a wasted trip.

I realized they outsourced some jobs to their contractors so gotta call them to get them to make appointment with their contractors first before driving down.

↡ Advertisement