Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

has anyone upsize their rims to 18inch ? will it void warranty ?

Hi Lycanthrope, I'm the one with the 18". Yes, please make sure is 5x115....never settle for 5x114.3...never ok?

If you are worried about FC then better to stay stock. Cause no matter lighter or forged rims, at 18" the tyre profile would be wider. Most contact to the road means more resistance, FC will be affected.

With regards to warranty, I've asked Alpine before, won't void. Considered as aesthetics mod.

Edited by Walse
↡ Advertisement

Yup... but 95999 is non guaranteed. 98999 is guaranteed. Looking at the number of new buyers joining the Team OrlandoSG FB group... I think a lot of people are buying at this price. 

95999, Cheaper and bigger than Vezel. Lower road tax and more power. Looks like a winner. 

• Praise 1

Hi  Walse ... thanks ..post some pic leh... wanna see how nice is it ... 

FC aside , can 1.4 turbo handle the extra weight especially loaded with 5 pax ? also going up slope say MSCP slope .... can handle ?  how is the handling of the car when fully loaded  , is the car wobbly when loaded ?

also  regards to the warranty .. the SE told me otherwise .. it will void warranty if i change to 18"  as it affects the suspension, , spring  ....etc ...... strange 2 different SE says different thing

Hi Lycanthrope, I'm the one with the 18". Yes, please make sure is 5x115....never settle for 5x114.3...never ok?

If you are worried about FC then better to stay stock. Cause no matter lighter or forged rims, at 18" the tyre profile would be wider. Most contact to the road means more resistance, FC will be affected.

With regards to warranty, I've asked Alpine before, won't void. Considered as aesthetics mod.

diff class leh   ..one is suv/cuv and the other one is a MPV trying to be suv.

but how is the ride height & ground clearance between both 

95999, Cheaper and bigger than Vezel. Lower road tax and more power. Looks like a winner. 

Guys, will there be a new Orlando launch come next year 2017 ~~~

Was asking the SE about it when I went to view the Orlando. He said so far no news. But next year, they will have a compact SUV coming. Think it is already selling in Korea already. 

Hi  Walse ... thanks ..post some pic leh... wanna see how nice is it ... 

FC aside , can 1.4 turbo handle the extra weight especially loaded with 5 pax ? also going up slope say MSCP slope .... can handle ?  how is the handling of the car when fully loaded  , is the car wobbly when loaded ?

also  regards to the warranty .. the SE told me otherwise .. it will void warranty if i change to 18"  as it affects the suspension, , spring  ....etc ...... strange 2 different SE says different thing

diff class leh   ..one is suv/cuv and the other one is a MPV trying to be suv.

but how is the ride height & ground clearance between both 

I have tried taking on full load meaning 7 people. Going up and down MSCP slope is not an issue. Have no issue with coming up from basement parking from Causeway Point too, if you know how steep the slope is, with constant stops due to the high human traffic at the exit.  The drive is so stable that I didn't know that I hit 120-130kmh when driving on NS highway. Overtaking is also a breeze due to the turbo engine. So far, the highest I have pushed is 160kmh. Still stable. Didn't try to go higher though. 

Some of us Orlando drivers will be meeting for supper at Sengkang Kopitiam Square this Friday at 10.30pm... we will be parking at one of the multi-storey carparks opposite the Kopitiam to do a group photo together first. Do join us if you are free. =)

Was asking the SE about it when I went to view the Orlando. He said so far no news. But next year, they will have a compact SUV coming. Think it is already selling in Korea already.

No new Orlando but theTrax is coming next year. It's to compete with Vezel.

Just an introduction. Booked black Orlando, non-guaranteed. Hope that Alpine is able to secure COE.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Neutral Newbie

Just an introduction. Booked black Orlando, non-guaranteed. Hope that Alpine is able to secure COE.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

How much is it now @Sgv? Any free servicing?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Just asked today. $99999 for guaranteed COE. Not too sure about the Mom-guaranteed package. Freebies are negotiable. Thinking if I should continue to wait for COE drop or commit now.

Thanks.

Mine was during their offer (95,999 non-guaranteed). But I managed to get only one free servicing.

Not sure if this is common problem, but for the benefit of new or existing Orlando owners...

Yesterday I was driving on the highway... suddenly a "Code 82" appeared on my trip monitor...

(Something like this... pictures taken from google image; but is akin to actual situation...)

Code82.jpg code82(b).jpg

So I parked my car at the destination, and called the SC... The SA who spoke to me, said that I could either bring my vehicle in the next day to reset the OIL LEVEL SENSOR... or he could walk me through it over the phone.

Steps:

1) Place car to Park mode with handbrake engage (for safety)

2) Turn ignition key to 3/4 until engine light and Code82 appears.

3) Click on the "Menu" button once... you will see a "3 Set"

4) Click one more time... you will see a "Reset"

(Something like this... pictures taken from google image; but is akin to actual situation...)

Code82(a).jpg

5) Press and hold the reset button to reset oil sensor to 100

I have no qualms abt the whole process, i'm just puzzled as to the purpose of the Code82, since Engine Oil was changed at 10,000. This happened to me as i'm about 14,700KMs. (I thought the technicians should've reset the oil level sensor during tthe 10,000KM svc)

So it kinda freaked me out when I googled this before I called the SC; cos I had thought that there is a Engine Oil Leak.

+++

But after this incident, I can't help but ponder if the Oil Level Sensor is actually not a sensor at all, and there is no real purpose to it, since the SA claimed that this is no big issue, and you can just reset it on your own.

I have the voice recording for the call; in case anything happens. zzz

thanks for the info!! saved me a lot of anxiety when I saw the Code 82 error this morning while in Msia. my odometer is currently around 35k and I just serviced at Alpine 4000 km ago.

Hi existing Orlando owners, just want to poll what you think of Alpine Service Center? Thanks.

Just so so. Such things as tyre rotation and gps map update, you have to request, thenw they will do for you. They also try to sell you engine flushing even for a one year old car. Saying you should do it every servicing though not compulsory.
↡ Advertisement