Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

How about the sienta?

Sienta is a hybrid vehicle if I remember correctly. Good if you are looking for a really economical drive. But bare in mind that the battery has to be replaced eventually and it cost thousands.
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Sienta is a hybrid vehicle if I remember correctly. Good if you are looking for a really economical drive. But bare in mind that the battery has to be replaced eventually and it cost thousands.

But how often does the battery need to be replaced? And does the cost saving from petrol more then cover the price of replacing the battery?

I'm not too sure how long it would take for the sienta but a colleague of mine change his battery for his hybrid civic at the 5 year mark. I think it cost more than $3000.

I've no experience with hybrid vehicles hence would be able to advise on the costing questions.

But in terms of driving experience, I've tested the Wish and the Mazda 5 before deciding on the Orlando. I think the Orlando has the perkiest experience. However, if you wish to have a more linear ride with similar power.... a Wish would more suitable but with a premium.

Neutral Newbie

I'm not too sure how long it would take for the sienta but a colleague of mine change his battery for his hybrid civic at the 5 year mark. I think it cost more than $3000.

I've no experience with hybrid vehicles hence would be able to advise on the costing questions.

But in terms of driving experience, I've tested the Wish and the Mazda 5 before deciding on the Orlando. I think the Orlando has the perkiest experience. However, if you wish to have a more linear ride with similar power.... a Wish would more suitable but with a premium.

Thanks. Anything you don't like about the Orlando? The Mazda 5 seems bigger though

Hi Harper, typical character of a turbocharged engine will be the slight "sudden jerk" when the turbo kicks in.... if there's anything I don't like, would be this.

Like I said, this is an inherent character of a small cc turbocharged engine.

For accessories, it's best to look online since our local market favours japanese vehicles.

Have you tested the ride yet? Or any other vehicle?

Neutral Newbie

Hi Harper, typical character of a turbocharged engine will be the slight "sudden jerk" when the turbo kicks in.... if there's anything I don't like, would be this.

Like I said, this is an inherent character of a small cc turbocharged engine.

For accessories, it's best to look online since our local market favours japanese vehicles.

Have you tested the ride yet? Or any other vehicle?

Yap, tested the Orlando and qashqai. Feel that the qashqai has more kick or maybe it is due to it being a 5 seater?

Yap, tested the Orlando and qashqai. Feel that the qashqai has more kick or maybe it is due to it being a 5 seater?

Hi Harper, it will depends on what you need. The lot of us who bought the Orlando needed the extra seats, if you don't need and the Qashqai give u a better impression, I guess you found your ride.

The Orlando has a better cage, meaning in the event of a bad collision....most likely you won't be crushed. I'm not sure about the Qashqai though.

Do more research. Ride experience, safety, features, etc. I came from a Nissan, their cars are OK.

Was told their new shipment will come without the auto fold side mirror. Is it difficult and costly to do it outside??

I'm not sure why the newer batch do not include the auto fold mirrors but I think if you are looking to purchase the Orlando, you can work it out with the SE? :)

I'm not sure why the newer batch do not include the auto fold mirrors but I think if you are looking to purchase the Orlando, you can work it out with the SE? :)

I not sure too... she just told me it spoil easily so they do not include that in their new shipment... can manually fold only.... sian half... [shakehead]

I not sure too... she just told me it spoil easily so they do not include that in their new shipment... can manually fold only.... sian half... [shakehead]

Thats total BS la...

My Malibu, Cruze 1.4T all came standard with it... so I am a sucker lor?

yeap,

its total BS, went there they told me can install the side mirrors FOC. is her name starts with J? I heard she provide bad service

Yap. hmmm so she trying to smoke me.... but really, when I hear her told me this, I was like wtf.... now simi year liao, window got to manual fold.....  <_<

I had a J female SE serving me, over phone. Then arrange appt, she didn't turn up at first appt till late, I left then. I didn't get to see her either

If she doesn't have the basic courtesy to be on time... then she doesn't deserve earning commission from you. There are many more capable SEs there. Let me know if you need any recommendations. My SE should be able to give you better discounts. 

I had a J female SE serving me, over phone. Then arrange appt, she didn't turn up at first appt till late, I left then. I didn't get to see her either

There are many good SE beside her. Sure you can find one.