Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

Supercharged

Hmm... Don't think so. My SA was an Indian gentleman. I would have panicked from his tone if not for the fact that I have read about code 82 here. So in the end, when I asked him what code 82 was, he gave a very vague answer.. 

Another thing I don't like, when I first send in the car for servicing, he was pushing for me to get some additives for the car as well. Again, if I am a noob, I would have panicked as it was implied that it is important to have that additives to keep my engine clean and functioning. I had to rephrase his statements by telling him "so you mean to tell me that my car will break down if I don't get the additives?" Only then did he sheepishly said no. 

If you are only doing basic servicing in Alpine, whatever additional 'service' that the SA try to sell to you, just say no. 

The basic stuff is good enough in my opinion. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi Patrtan. What is your FC when driving to Ipoh. Does it give good mileage? Your 11km/l is usage in Singapore.

Hi 7seater, I really did not monitor the mileage when driving to Ipoh. My 11km/L is base on the reading of my LCD display. I think when travelling up north on the NSE should have better mileage. I top up full tank in JB than reset the trip odometer before heading to IPOH, When I reach my in law house in Ipoh I still have about 1/4 tank left and the odometer show I travelled 580plus km. [rolleyes]

If you are only doing basic servicing in Alpine, whatever additional 'service' that the SA try to sell to you, just say no. 

The basic stuff is good enough in my opinion. 

Normally what kind of service will they try to sell?

I am thinking of fixing a Day Light Running, will it void warranty?

Supercharged

Normally what kind of service will they try to sell?

I am thinking of fixing a Day Light Running, will it void warranty?

engine flush, upgrade engine oil to better brand etc. 

install DRL, best is to check with Alpine. They are pretty anal with warranty. 

engine flush, upgrade engine oil to better brand etc. 

install DRL, best is to check with Alpine. They are pretty anal with warranty. 

Install DRL need to ask LTA, not Alpine.  Add-on DRL is an illegal modification and it's unlikely LTA would say yes.

Hi all,

I recently purchased Cruze 1.6, I'm planning to install Blackvue 650 along with Power magic pro. I'm worried if power magic installation would void Warranty. Anyone has more info on this?

Thanks

Of cos it will

But seriously if you're driving the 1.4T Orlando, there should be a factory installed transmission cooler already.

Look out for a small radiator mounted in front of the main radiator. You shd be able to see it peeking in from the grill.

Can any brothers confirm that there is a factory fitted transmission cooler? As I could not locate any by peeking into the grill with a torch. [rolleyes]

TIA

Hi all,

I recently purchased Cruze 1.6, I'm planning to install Blackvue 650 along with Power magic pro. I'm worried if power magic installation would void Warranty. Anyone has more info on this?

Thanks

I installed Power magic Pro with a dash cam. It will not void your car warranty.

Alpine at most will void the battery warranty.

However, now I removed the power magic pro and replace with cellink.

It seems the power magic pro 12v cut off too high. I afraid my car battery will deterorate too fast and cannot start car.

I installed Power magic Pro with a dash cam. It will not void your car warranty.

Alpine at most will void the battery warranty.

However, now I removed the power magic pro and replace with cellink.

It seems the power magic pro 12v cut off too high. I afraid my car battery will deterorate too fast and cannot start car.

Thanks, I'll consider installing cellink instead of Power magic. 

Hi all,

Thanks

Thanks, I'll consider installing cellink instead of Power magic.

If you have not purchase the blackvue, you might consider the iroadv9 , I m using it and it does not require the Cellink or power magic as it come built in with the feature to cut off power automatically.

If you have not purchase the blackvue, you might consider the iroadv9 , I m using it and it does not require the Cellink or power magic as it come built in with the feature to cut off power automatically.

I think iroadv9 built-in voltage cut-off is also set at 12v which I think is too low for our tropical climate. Battery voltage is higher in hotter climate.

12v maybe ok for countries with colder climate.

I think iroadv9 built-in voltage cut-off is also set at 12v which I think is too low for our tropical climate. Battery voltage is higher in hotter climate.

12v maybe ok for countries with colder climate.

I am using Iroad given by my Alpine SE. What does the cutoff mean?

I am using Iroad given by my Alpine SE. What does the cutoff mean?

The iroad can set a cut off voltage where it will turn off once your battery voltage goes below a certain level. For me, I set at 11.9v. So far, it will only auto turn off if I didn't start my car for more than a day. 

The iroad can set a cut off voltage where it will turn off once your battery voltage goes below a certain level. For me, I set at 11.9v. So far, it will only auto turn off if I didn't start my car for more than a day.

How is the iroad holding up for you? So far any issues with it?

How is the iroad holding up for you? So far any issues with it?

Mine was installed by an aftermarket installer. Got the V7. So far no issues with it. Very clear in the daytime. At night still ok, but can't see car plate numbers of other cars clearly unless the car is in front. 

Good enough to see who was the idiot neighbour who opened his car door at night and hit my car twice, causing a scratch and a ding.  [laugh]

Orlando's suspension is that of a compound-crank axle... it's not high-end...  

http://www.carbibles.com/suspension_bible.html

Yep... I also just sign-up for Orlando just before the last bid and now waiting impatiently for the car. The one that seal the deal was when I did the test drive, I took the long corner and the car handle beautifully even as halfway through it I gas it. Did raise the eyebrow of the SA. His comment "Wah ... I guess it's because it is a test dive car" and my wife who was in the car  just said "Nope ... he did to his own car".

Yes.. I like the handling and off course one should not forget it has TCS. I did read somewhere the Orlando rear suspension set-up is commonly found on expensive car. Anyway still undecided on the color ....

you ain't felt nothin until u got the Racechip bro... 

Hahaha.... I remembered that I also pushed my test car to its limits near the Paya Lebar Airbase area. Was pleasantly surprised by the pickup of the engine and the stability of the car as I went around the corners. Went to test drive Mazda 5 before that and I would say that the driving feel is very different. Mazda 5 felt more sluggish and had a softer ride feel. 

For aggressive drivers like me, I was won over.

↡ Advertisement