Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

So far no changes in my driving patterns. I usually will be looking at the meter which shows the number of km travelled since the last reset. Have reset my FC after servicing and I was surprised to see the figure as well. Still monitoring and it has gone slightly up to 8.9l/100km currently. Current mileage since the servicing is about 200km.

No longer having 140bhp? You are driving the 1.8l version?

No. Mine is the 1.4T version like yours. Just plugged in a piggyback chip .....

↡ Advertisement

Leather wrapped my steering wheel.... [thumbsup]
I cannot live without Leather steering... my new wheel feels much thicker and smoother... and overall the ride feels like the driver is more in control. Went for Montana Leather as was advised that Nappa would fade and become slippery much quicker. Was considering to DIY like bro maverick... but in the end, personally preferred to let the professionals do it... cos i'm not so good at DIY stuff....

Must say...the guys at the workshop really did a superb job in less than 6hours. (some pics with and without flash)

post-130523-0-56645500-1440600858.jpgpost-130523-0-79309900-1440600864.jpg

Next thing is to solve the suspension... not so much the firmness... but to improve the shock absorption... thinking instead of changing the shocks... maybe just Cushion Buffers... any bros got experience in this? (bes

Hello all,

Is it necessary to do a "paint protection", is it as good as review? Any bro here have done it?

If anyone is buying any accessories, please let me know, might want to tack along too.

Thank you. [:)]

Brothers, I found TMC feature on my Orlando GPS is not activated. Anyone has the same issue?

Sent email to Galactic, they said my unit does not support TMC. However their website says V8HD supports TMC. When I registered the unit on Galactio website, it prompted me to send email to Galactio to activate the TMC function.

Where did your perform the chip setup?

What was the result of the gain?

How much it cost?

Need to remove it during car servicing?

Leather wrapped my steering wheel.... [thumbsup]

I cannot live without Leather steering... my new wheel feels much thicker and smoother... and overall the ride feels like the driver is more in control. Went for Montana Leather as was advised that Nappa would fade and become slippery much quicker. Was considering to DIY like bro maverick... but in the end, personally preferred to let the professionals do it... cos i'm not so good at DIY stuff....

Must say...the guys at the workshop really did a superb job in less than 6hours. (some pics with and without flash)

attachicon.gifP_20150826_160907.jpgattachicon.gifP_20150826_160913.jpg

Next thing is to solve the suspension... not so much the firmness... but to improve the shock absorption... thinking instead of changing the shocks... maybe just Cushion Buffers... any bros got experience in this? (bes

Hello all,

Is it necessary to do a "paint protection", is it as good as review? Any bro here have done it?

If anyone is buying any accessories, please let me know, might want to tack along too.

Thank you. [:)]

Same for me .... the leather-wrap makes the steering wheel feels thicker and softer to touch. Makes me want to drive my Orlando all day!!

U paid $200 for a professional job I presume? My Aliexpress DIY kit only cost me less than S$33 (after currency conversion) and it was actually easier to stitch with the provided needle and thread than I had initially feared.

Edited by Maverick713
  • Praise 1

Where did your perform the chip setup?

What was the result of the gain?

How much it cost?

Need to remove it during car servicing?

I got the ProRacing OBD2 chip which is a quick plug-in to the OBD2 port located under our steering wheel and that is easy to remove if you have to.

This is what I ordered from ebay: http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/281658480299?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#ht_3443wt_1105

You can check out these websites for the explanation in English: https://proracing.co/en-gb/13-questions/4-chipbox and http://chipboxtuning.com/glowna/166-chip-box-obd2.html.

If the manufacturer's claims are to be believed, it could increase our engine output from 140bps/200nm to perhaps 170bps/240nm or there about. Of course I won't subject my ride to a dyno test with high engine revs just to prove these numbers.

I can feel the power being delivered has become more linear. Gear upshifts also seems to be quicker. A simple tap on the accelerater seems to bring on a stronger power surge than before so low-end torque has definitely been improved.

Disclaimer: Do it at your own risk!!

Edited by Maverick713

Brothers, I found TMC feature on my Orlando GPS is not activated. Anyone has the same issue?

Sent email to Galactic, they said my unit does not support TMC. However their website says V8HD supports TMC. When I registered the unit on Galactio website, it prompted me to send email to Galactio to activate the TMC function.

The Galactio's TMC for our Orlando has already been discussed here: http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2668983-chevrolet-orlando-new-mpv/?p=5416024

I have spoken to the manufacturer (Innovasia Technology) and confirmed that our GPS does not support TMC natively. The only way is to install a WinCE modem and subscribe to a data plan in order to download TMC traffic data.

Is it those RSChip? What is the performance enhancement? Also, any change in drive feel and FC?

After much advise... decided to give this a try...

[Power Cushion Buffers] - works magic. Significant shock absorption. Rolls even lesser.

Also noted that the PCB makes the ride significantly comfortable and also much more solid.

Significantly lesser road noise. DIY would cost only and at most ~40SGD :a-good: easy to install.

After much advise... decided to give this a try...

[Power Cushion Buffers] - works magic. Significant shock absorption. Rolls even lesser.

Also noted that the PCB makes the ride significantly comfortable and also much more solid.

Significantly lesser road noise. DIY would cost only and at most ~40SGD :a-good: easy to install.

That's quite cheap. Where did you get yours?

DIY - (RM60x2 = RM120) ~ 45SGD
They have switched to Wayta now. (This one was abit risky cos they are based in MYR even though its almost 1/3 the price) They will mail you the product, if product doesn't fit, will need to exchange via mail or meet-up at JB).

Workshop - (SGD60x2 = SGD120) .... SGD80 difference

They use AMT - Installation is included; takes about 40min to install; 10min per S.Spring...

The guys at Motor Clinic did a great job. First time not so confident to self-fit, but saw them do it as well as know the sizing, subsequently will just order and DIY... (them Buffers are huge like full sized abalone ~15cm in diameter)

That's quite cheap. Where did you get yours?

DIY - (RM60x2 = RM120) ~ 45SGD

They have switched to Wayta now. (This one was abit risky cos they are based in MYR even though its almost 1/3 the price) They will mail you the product, if product doesn't fit, will need to exchange via mail or meet-up at JB).

Workshop - (SGD60x2 = SGD120) .... SGD80 difference

They use AMT - Installation is included; takes about 40min to install; 10min per S.Spring...

The guys at Motor Clinic did a great job. First time not so confident to self-fit, but saw them do it as well as know the sizing, subsequently will just order and DIY... (them Buffers are huge like full sized abalone ~15cm in diameter)

Thanks. I have just installed it today at the workshop you mentioned. May not be easy to DIY for the rear pair as we need to hoist up the car high up in order to access the springs underneath the rear end.

Still monitoring the effect or comfort of having it .... but it does seems to add firmness to the suspension for sure when cruising down the highway with a car load of 5 adults.

Is it those RSChip? What is the performance enhancement? Also, any change in drive feel and FC?

No, it is the ProRacing ODB2 chip tuning box shipped from Poland. The stronger torque with this add-on is for sure detectable and FC is still about the same and very dependent on driving habits and whether I drive more highways or heavily-used roads during the period of monitoring.

Best part is it can be re-used for your next car as long as it has a ODB2 port (which is avail in all cars nowadays).

I saw a Korean website selling. Is it legal to add that? [:)]

Any brother installed the side steps for Orlando? My 4 year old kid has difficulty to enter the car.

Two questions and opinion-seeking:

1. If I choose Red, need to wait till Nov end, which I can't afford. If I choose White, Grey or a new colour called Burnt Coconut, then can get Orlando in Oct end. I don't like Grey because it camouflages its SUV look (i.e. the perimeter skirting doesn't stand out anymore). So it is between White and Burnt Coconut. Wife detest White because it resembles a hearse (because for its squarish shape, she said white on Malibu totally no issue). What do you guys think? Though I'm able to see some artist's impression on how Burnt Coconut looks like from Chevy's middle east and Korean websites, they are never accurate or representing the actual colour. If it is pure dark brown I can't accept. But if it more like the latest Samsung Galaxy Tab's titanium bronze kind of colour, it will be cool.

2. From within the car cabin, any button to open the rear door?

Hi Guys, This is the armrest I brought from Aliexpress. I did some modification and it can just fit into the hole without removing the driver armrest provided. Inside the hole have to stuff some cloth so that it can become tight fit. post-65007-0-06457300-1441208432_thumb.jpgpost-65007-0-81426800-1441208504_thumb.jpgpost-65007-0-26586000-1441208554_thumb.jpgpost-65007-0-10794800-1441208605_thumb.jpg

Two questions and opinion-seeking:

1. If I choose Red, need to wait till Nov end, which I can't afford. If I choose White, Grey or a new colour called Burnt Coconut, then can get Orlando in Oct end. I don't like Grey because it camouflages its SUV look (i.e. the perimeter skirting doesn't stand out anymore). So it is between White and Burnt Coconut. Wife detest White because it resembles a hearse (because for its squarish shape, she said white on Malibu totally no issue). What do you guys think? Though I'm able to see some artist's impression on how Burnt Coconut looks like from Chevy's middle east and Korean websites, they are never accurate or representing the actual colour. If it is pure dark brown I can't accept. But if it more like the latest Samsung Galaxy Tab's titanium bronze kind of colour, it will be cool.

2. From within the car cabin, any button to open the rear door?

1. I have seen one dark brown Orlando on the roads several months ago so it is not new but not very popular for sure. It is closer to black than "burnt coconut" colour. If you don't look carefully you would think it is a black instead of a dark brown Orlando. Here is a video of the colour: https://youtu.be/4hBekOLozr4

Here are other videos of the dark brown coloured Orlando eating other cars for breakfast:

a) versus a Honda CRV: https://youtu.be/PkRsLzDUzSI?list=PLFC2EE10E98D396A1

b) versus a VW Passat: https://youtu.be/oDtkltXY5FA

In bright sunlight it looks obviously brown but in dim light, it looks blackish.

2. Yes there is a central door lock/unlock button on the dashboard.

$_1.JPG

Edited by Maverick713
↡ Advertisement