Property Agent very Rich?

Sabbie

Haha can find in classified ads or mcf

hdb property is not worth so much in my opinion

i am starting to feel that its the agents that are jacking the price up

its not like vehicles where everything is controlled

maybe i haven bought my first property yet so i am not sure....anyway there is not a need for me to purchase one right now

unless buy condo or private for rental or something good way to make extra income

Edited by Ithunk

there is always someone who made it to the million dollar table for 'agents' be it property, insurance, broker, etc

1st got the oyster, 2nd got the shell ...

Edited by Wt_know

there is always someone who made it to the million dollar table for 'agents' be it property, insurance, broker, etc

anyone can buy a property...with a 30 to 40 year loan

then have to find ppl to rent the condo

after tt money in pocket liao no need to do anything...but still have to pay in installment if the property is on loan

anyway rich prs should buy condo not hdb

and of course hdb is overpriced in my opinion...government housing should not be so expensive

its like coe....y have to pay 60k for a coe [laugh] when a preowned will be cheaper

however i do agree living alone or with a wife does give independence

and of course with a wife everything becomes easier as everything is shared

Edited by Ithunk

once reach MDRT got to maintain leh...money eventually will be used up....so MDRT is more proving someone is a good salesman with a good reputation

Thanks for sharing your experience, say if I am just an average agent, what is my expected pay? Some say can make more money training agents than selling is this true?

To be honest, I'm still too new to know for sure. I know of some earning aout $3k to $4k, but I also know of some who earn about $15k. For the latter, I haven't looked into it so I can't help you out either. Sorry.

Okay, thanks all for your comments, so it's not so easy being an agent la, then how come I see on fb all of them haolianing they earn 50K a month, top agent, top recruiter, even post pictures of their new cars, porsches, bmw, merc

is it just a facade to give the impression they are successful to recruit more people to earn more money? but personally I had seen income tax of agents at 400K before, I don't think they will overly declare to iras rite

I think they're playing the overriding card. Some do this to try and get more people under them and live off the overiding.

hdb property is not worth so much in my opinion

i am starting to feel that its the agents that are jacking the price up

its not like vehicles where everything is controlled

maybe i haven bought my first property yet so i am not sure....anyway there is not a need for me to purchase one right now

unless buy condo or private for rental or something good way to make extra income

Well I serve a lot of buyers (who are my clients from my former jobs or their friends), and its not just the agents lah. Agents fault coz a lot dua pao on how much the property can be sold for, but there are a lot of unrealistic sellers too lah, and then they blame all the agents for not being capable when the problem was the price.

Almost forgot a good example of an unrealistic seller (whose agent grumbled to me). I was helping a friends dad look for a HDB (want my one HDB experience LOL), and while researching, found out that one of my neighbours wanted to sell at minimum $100k over valuation, which means $800k for an almost 40 year old 5room HDB flat... Mind you about a 10min walk alway I can get a similar sized private freehold apartment for less than $1.2mil, and one MRT station closer to the city, I can get a bigger 20++ year old EC for less lor

Edited by Elfenstar

but the cheque he got to wait rite? becos for agents the money wont come so soon...

but for private i heard its faster or immediate once the deal is closed

No lah. About a month after the completion, but really have to plan and prepare your finances properly.

the best is to buy direct from developer

Yes and no lah, a lot of people seem to want space, and newer developments seem to be getting smaller and smaller lor, but if you want a slightly cheaper cost per square foot, then buying new is the best option. Anyway chances are you'll still be dealing with agents as most developers outsource the sales to one or two real estate agencies.

I wouldn' t say its an easy or difficult job coz I nvr done it before, but i know that being a property agent, say someone gets u to sell his property, u don't get paid unless you sell the property and before that u need to advertise his property for him, at your expense for a few weeks, to a few mths, dpding on when u sell the property for your client, all these is from your pocket. Then u also need to incur expenses to travel to bring people to view flats, which can be a long drawn out process which can last for up to a few mths. all these while u don't get paid at all. so it might seem easy money for those high flyers, but for those many who are struggling, there is no income while waiting for a sale.

also just like in insurance or car sales, becoz of the many others in the same line, its a cut throat world and many agents do a lot of things, some really unscrupulous just to get clients and business. are you suitable for this kind of dog eat dog world where if u r not ruthless enough you can be earning nothing for a few mths? if so u can go try, if not just be a salaried employee lor.

You're spot on. I spent years saving, building up my contacts, and building up my reputation with my contacts before I dared to even step foot into this line, and even if you make your first sale on your first day as an agent (I got very lucky, it took me a week), you still have to wait about 3 months before you see any money coming in, and even before that you've already incurred expenses for classes for accreditation, licencing fees, namecards, traveling costs, advertising costs etc and then there's your regular expenses for the few months before you get your first pay-cheque....

20 plus deals in 2yrs is quite substantial

agent commission is now 5 to 10 percent ?

between 1% and 2%, and its 1/2 month rental for every year of a rental contract.

You mean flip the option? no need to pay stamp duty? I don't think it can still be done now....many developers has a clause in the option stating that the option cannot be transferred

are u sure [sly]

↡ Advertisement