Property Agent very Rich?

Sabbie

Hi

What types of character a person need to succeed in this line?

You're spot on. I spent years saving, building up my contacts, and building up my reputation with my contacts before I dared to even step foot into this line, and even if you make your first sale on your first day as an agent (I got very lucky, it took me a week), you still have to wait about 3 months before you see any money coming in, and even before that you've already incurred expenses for classes for accreditation, licencing fees, namecards, traveling costs, advertising costs etc and then there's your regular expenses for the few months before you get your first pay-cheque....

Hi

What types of character a person need to succeed in this line?

Those who do very well consistently are typically sincere, willing to work hard, very strong positive mindset, eager to acquire knowledge

Degree holders with the above attributes seemed to usually do pretty well. However I also do see many ppl with less education do just as well if they are willing to put in the hours and work smart.

As for me, my days are numbered as I do not have such attributes, i better go jump ship too [laugh]

Please read today's Straits Times before firing your boss

Real estate agents jumping ship amid tepid property market

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/housing/story/real-estate-agents-jumping-ship-amid-tepid-property-market-20141028

this is nothing new.

barrier to entry is very low. hence many eventual quitters will join

For those who treat it like a real profession, it is usually comparable to an office job, i.e. still can make $5k a mth even if market is at low volume

nowadays, commission have gone up doube to quadraple compared to a few yrs back

so volume halved also can survive one [laugh]

Those who do very well consistently are typically sincere, willing to work hard, very strong positive mindset, eager to acquire knowledge

Degree holders with the above attributes seemed to usually do pretty well. However I also do see many ppl with less education do just as well if they are willing to put in the hours and work smart.

As for me, my days are numbered as I do not have such attributes, i better go jump ship too [laugh]

My agent is not a graduate. But he is sincere and very consistent, does not bullshxt me or play games. So no matter if I buy or sell, I will always let him have the first bite. : )

Edited by Cheepo

My agent is not a graduate. But he is sincere and very consistent, does not bullshxt me or play games. So no matter if I buy or sell, I will always let him have the first bite. : )

precisely. your agent is the type that will survive in the long run and do well