Singapore Traffic Violations, Demerit Points and Fines

Ithunk

Supersonic

Got La. I keep 80km/h,there will have a hero go pass 80km/h one. Maybe not much say 88 or 90 ( I don't know), but is slightly faster then 80 at lane 1. Then I see camera flash Lao. I just continue drive at 80km/h.

Also check your car speedo against gps. You can check against Waze.

Your car speed is usually faster.

If you were seeing 80km/h, you're probably only doing about 75km/h.

If someone doing 90km/h, he's only doing about 80+

Speed camera has allowance of about 10km/h.

My guess is, if you were seeing 100km/h on car speedo on a 80km/h speed limit, then likely, the actual flash will go off.

↡ Advertisement

Close to 40% spike in traffic fines collected for FY2017

Thought they would collect a lot more.  The number of drivers committing all sort of offenses from hogging to bus lane to no signalling I encounter every trip means TP could collect many times more if they work harder.....

Supersonic

Look again.

Even if no one goes over the speed limit, the light will flash.

Apparently, the light flashing is to warn drivers. It's random and it happens in many other places as well, like SLE.

yes, and same for the cams at traffic junctions. will flash even if no one beat red light.

Look again.

Even if no one goes over the speed limit, the light will flash.

Apparently, the light flashing is to warn drivers. It's random and it happens in many other places as well, like SLE.

Seriously?!  Talk about the risk of unintended consequences - what's the first thing a driver does if he's flashed by a gatso?

Seriously?!  Talk about the risk of unintended consequences - what's the first thing a driver does if he's flashed by a gatso?

1st will be all the 4 letters words will come out.

Later review front & back view camera to see if the cars infront or behind you is big enough to block your number plate 3/4 of it.

↡ Advertisement