Singapore Traffic Violations, Demerit Points and Fines

Ithunk

what is the fines and "demerit points" (if any) for carrying 2 x adults + 2 kids (5 & 8 years old) at the back of a car?

It's not an offence. Just make sure all available seatbelts are used.

They recognise car plate or ic number?

You were stopped by TP or caught by speeding camera?

If by camera, your carplate.

If by TP, your car plate and ic number will be required by the TP.

Anyone know that format/size of video can we submit to TP online? I tried MOV and mp4 files, Mov File not valid, MP4 size too big...

Post on youtube, make it private or unlisted. Then provide link to TP.

Twincharged

It's not an offence. Just make sure all available seatbelts are used.

I think it is an offence. I have been stopped before. Unless the kids are above 1.35m or using a child seat. Adults that are not belted up can be fined also. My passenger was warned before. That time I was ferrying 2 of my kids+2 adults. Was told the kids need child seat and adults need to be wearing the seatbelts.

Hey guys just got stopped by LTA , caught for HID headlight and tinted foglights. Anyone has any idea will there be a fine? first time offender how much fine?

Hey guys just got stopped by LTA , caught for HID headlight and tinted foglights. Anyone has any idea will there be a fine? first time offender how much fine?

Should be between $70-$100 per offence.

Twincharged
(edited)

Close to 40% spike in traffic fines collected for FY2017

SINGAPORE: The amount of traffic fines the Government collected in the 2017 financial year was at a three-year high, according to figures from the Ministry of Finance (MOF) released recently as part of the Budget.

The Government collected a revised amount of S$42.5 million in traffic fines for the 2017 financial year, about a 39 per cent increase compared to the previous financial year. 

This sum is higher than the S$30.5 million collected in the 2016 financial year and the S$34.4 million collected in FY2015. 

"In dollar terms, the FY2017 amount is higher than in the previous two years of FY2015 and FY2016, but it is lower than FY2013 and FY2014," said an MOF spokesperson. "As a percentage of GDP, the FY2017 amount is lower compared to the years prior to FY2015."

The fines collected in FY2014 amounted to S$56.8 million while S$48.7 million was collected in FY2013. 
About S$44 million is estimated for the upcoming financial year, a 3.7 per cent increase on FY2017's figure.

There were fewer road traffic accidents and the number of fatal accidents and fatalities fell to an all-time low last year, according to the Singapore Police Force's 2017 Annual Road Traffic Situation report released last month.

There were also fewer accidents related to drink-driving, speeding and redlight running, police said.

post-2854-0-56879400-1520344388_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ysc3

Twincharged

Close to 40% spike in traffic fines collected for FY2017

SINGAPORE: The amount of traffic fines the Government collected in the 2017 financial year was at a three-year high, according to figures from the Ministry of Finance (MOF) released recently as part of the Budget.

The Government collected a revised amount of S$42.5 million in traffic fines for the 2017 financial year, about a 39 per cent increase compared to the previous financial year.

This sum is higher than the S$30.5 million collected in the 2016 financial year and the S$34.4 million collected in FY2015.

"In dollar terms, the FY2017 amount is higher than in the previous two years of FY2015 and FY2016, but it is lower than FY2013 and FY2014," said an MOF spokesperson. "As a percentage of GDP, the FY2017 amount is lower compared to the years prior to FY2015."

The fines collected in FY2014 amounted to S$56.8 million while S$48.7 million was collected in FY2013.

About S$44 million is estimated for the upcoming financial year, a 3.7 per cent increase on FY2017's figure.

There were fewer road traffic accidents and the number of fatal accidents and fatalities fell to an all-time low last year, according to the Singapore Police Force's 2017 Annual Road Traffic Situation report released last month.

There were also fewer accidents related to drink-driving, speeding and redlight running, police said.

I know one location where speed camera keep activate. It's at pie towards bke after Adam road exit and pie towards changi airport after eng neo exit. There out of 10 times I drove pass there, 3 times will see camera flash. That is quite high frequency. Maybe a lot of drivers still quite blur thought speed limit is 90 km/h then also think got buffer so maybe travel 93km/h. Like this sure tio,there speed limit is 80km/h.

They also put up sign big big to remind drivers there speed limit is 80 km/h and got speed camera, and still many drivers tio camera flash..

Twincharged

They also put up sign big big to remind drivers there speed limit is 80 km/h and got speed camera, and still many drivers tio camera flash..

like the ppl here say ... contribute to nation building !!

Supersonic

I know one location where speed camera keep activate. It's at pie towards bke after Adam road exit and pie towards changi airport after eng neo exit. There out of 10 times I drove pass there, 3 times will see camera flash. That is quite high frequency. Maybe a lot of drivers still quite blur thought speed limit is 90 km/h then also think got buffer so maybe travel 93km/h. Like this sure tio,there speed limit is 80km/h.

The warnings here are indeed very obvious and they put up multiple signs of "80" there. 

Supersonic

Look again.

Even if no one goes over the speed limit, the light will flash.

Apparently, the light flashing is to warn drivers. It's random and it happens in many other places as well, like SLE.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Look again.

Even if no one goes over the speed limit, the light will flash.

Apparently, the light flashing is to warn drivers. It's random and it happens in many other places as well, like SLE.

Got La. I keep 80km/h,there will have a hero go pass 80km/h one. Maybe not much say 88 or 90 ( I don't know), but is slightly faster then 80 at lane 1. Then I see camera flash Lao. I just continue drive at 80km/h. Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement