Fresh NTU Grads can earn $10K-20K/mth

Jolie888

(edited)

In yesterday's ST.

Fresh NTU Grads earning up to $10K-20K/mth in their first jobs.

Official Singapore statistics for YTD2011 show $3K-4K/mth as the average starting salary for fresh NUS/NTU graduates - excluding the medical and legal professions. (Note: The starting salaries for overseas graduates may differ).

In my company, fresh NUS/NTU grads now begin at about $3.2-3.6K/mth (excluding lawyers who are on a separate salary scale when they join our corporate Legal department).

The new graduates' pay will be pushed up to 100% of their salary reference within the next 1-2 years ... meaning, it can go up as high as $6K/mth.

By the time they reach their 5th year, their salary should reach at least $10K/mth, or higher ... assuming performance at >>50% pecentile.

By the 10th year, at least $15K-20K/mth for the first-tier (20%).

Although not as high as the $10K-20K/mth in their first year of work, as reported in ST for jobs in private banking and investment consultancy - its a whole new ball game out there!

Are YOU happy with your current salary? After how many years?

Don't you wish that you are a Gen-Y graduate? You've had it made!

Edited by Jolie888
↡ Advertisement

You go lavender, geylang, balestier, havelock areas can see many BTC grads driving S Class, 7 Series, Panamera.... And i bet they make $20k several times a month. It is also widely speculated that maybe half of the Lambo and Porsche 911 drivers out there are uneducated buffoons engaging in some shady trade or another.

BTC= bor tak chek

In yesterday's ST.

Official Singapore statistics for YTD2011 show $3K-4K/mth as the average starting salary for fresh NUS/NTU graduates - excluding the medical and legal professions. (Note: The starting salaries for overseas graduates may differ).

In my company, fresh NUS/NTU grads now begin at about $3.2-3.6K/mth (excluding lawyers who are on a separate salary scale when they join our corporate Legal department).

The new graduates' pay will be pushed up to 100% of their salary reference within the next 1-2 years ... meaning, it can go up as high as $6K/mth.

By the time they reach their 5th year, their salary should reach at least $10K/mth, or higher ... assuming performance at >>50% pecentile.

Although not as high as the $10K-20K/mth in their first year of work, as reported in ST for jobs in private banking and investment consultancy - its a whole new ball game out there!

what industry are you in?

You go lavender, geylang, balestier, havelock areas can see many BTC grads driving S Class, 7 Series, Panamera.... And i bet they make $20k several times a month. It is also widely speculated that maybe half of the Lambo and Porsche 911 drivers out there are uneducated buffoons engaging in some shady trade or another.

BTC= bor tak chek

I have no doubts about that ... BTCs can indeed earn much more than graduates.

I have a NS platoon mate, who is a bookie (horse racing), only work on Sat and Sun.

Makes more money than any of us. Drives an S-Class to ICT!

But I think the point here is that local grads now have the potential of earning much, much more (in their first job, in their first pay package) than what their predecessors ever could imagine. You just need to be at the right place, at the right time to snag the right-paying job!

Well, compared to the high prices of housing and transportation etc, i don't think in real terms its alot higher than what old folk here got when they first started out

(edited)

i am waiting for this thread for 2 days, and finally it is out, hahaha.

anyway got report show taxi driver earning $9858 monthly before expense also

how?

and dont be envious of gen-y grads la, u all also know the ft is here to snacth good jobs, and u know those good 1 are all holding cat 1 degree like oxford, cambridge, havard and yales.

and if we compare to those lousier ft, they are willing to work cheaper, a very good exmaple is it industry.

i go to it floor, see a sea of blacks [bigcry]

Edited by Minikong

i am waiting for this thread for 2 days, and finally it is out, hahaha.

anyway got report show taxi driver earning $9858 monthly before expense also

how?

and dont be envious of gen-y grads la, u all also know the ft is here to snacth good jobs, and u know those good 1 are all holding cat 1 degree like oxford, cambridge, havard and yales.

and if we compare to those lousier ft, they are willing to work cheaper, a very good exmaple is it industry.

Simple lor!

Graduates that cannot get jobs paying >$10K/mth become taxi driver lor [laugh]

OK what ... the job no need to think much one.

Just drive here drive there and have the gift of the gab to criticize here and there.

Great publicity for NTU.

The people behind love these.

next thing, SMU will get reporters on to its campus and they will report SMU grad earning $50k per month.

Muayhahahahaa.

Great publicity for NTU.

The people behind love these.

next thing, SMU will get reporters on to its campus and they will report SMU grad earning $50k per month.

Muayhahahahaa.

actually for the 20k guy, i am thinking which company got the right mind to hire a fresh grad for 20k a month, and he is just a normal ntu degree...... maybe it is his laobei, hire him to his own company to work for 20k, that why got this amount lol

or maybe the 20k is he work overseas, plus his accomodation allowance. and overseas allowance

Hypersonic

I have no doubts about that ... BTCs can indeed earn much more than graduates.

I have a NS platoon mate, who is a bookie (horse racing), only work on Sat and Sun.

Makes more money than any of us. Drives an S-Class to ICT!

But I think the point here is that local grads now have the potential of earning much, much more (in their first job, in their first pay package) than what their predecessors ever could imagine. You just need to be at the right place, at the right time to snag the right-paying job!

Agreed, BTCs confirmed earn more than graduates. I always wonder study so much for what, every month salary still so low! [bigcry]

(edited)

The Black Sea? I thought that water body is in (former) Yugoslavia [:p]

Saw same in the post-bombing photos /news in Norway.

FT paramedics helping the injured, FT passer-bys looking on etc.

I read in the papers that the bomber's built-up angst was due to uncontrolled immigration there?

Edited by Jolie888

Agreed, BTCs confirmed earn more than graduates. I always wonder study so much for what, every month salary still so low! [bigcry]

no la, not every btc earn more than grads la.... there is no such thing la, i know professional ppl in banking industry staying in gbc at the age of 40+ and is own by him.

what is a lambo compare to the 30m home lol, and he is just driving a ls nia.

every industry got it own elite 1 la.

(edited)

Not every btc earn more than grads but majority?! [:p]

u sure anot... look at the median salary of degree holder, and those below o level...

lke this then i think u no need to sent your kid to school, and sure he become the next wee cho yew of singapore la

and just dont look at the plain surface of car la, alot of btc welath maangmeent is very poor....

Edited by Minikong

Hypersonic

u sure anot... look at the median salary of degree holder, and those below o level...

Those survey on the median salary cannot believe one lo. :D

no la, not every btc earn more than grads la.... there is no such thing la, i know professional ppl in banking industry staying in gbc at the age of 40+ and is own by him.

what is a lambo compare to the 30m home lol, and he is just driving a ls nia.

every industry got it own elite 1 la.

Yar lor! I also not BTC, nor a banker.

But I live in / own a fully-paid-up District 10 landed house, since my late-30's.

Not from parent's or in-law's money one hor.

And I don't gamble a single cent.

Don't play shares or the forex market either.

So last-time (old) graduate also not too bad leh.

In yesterday's ST.

so many replies expressing disbelief in fresh grad getting 10-20k per month...just because u didnt get it, doesnt mean it is false....

it is really possible for fresh grad with impeccable academic results and excellent family connections (aka rich parents) to get 10k upon graduation in IB or Strat consulting (Bains, BCG or McKinsey)

Though i have to admit, 20k is quite unlikely ... prob he/she is working for his lao peh

↡ Advertisement