Is this practice still alive?

Tom_kkh

i still practice this. reason being is that i was 'saved' by such a kind act on lornie road b4.....so i make it a point to do so. the car in front of u will understand if u are high beaming for the opposite side of the road...at least i do...

actually me myself have encountered this practise recently on Brickland Road but i guess its the older generation. Younger generation might now know of such a practise i guess.

Supersonic

Nowadays people put car camera to take video and sent to TP.

Why would they be helping anyone ?

Turbocharged

I remember when i was young, in the early 80s.

whenever there are police setting up a speed trap say from the direction of tuas to changi, those cars from the oppo direction from changi to tuas, will flash their high beam on and off to warn the opposite lane of speed trap.

i do not remember any one doing so now.... so sad....

is this practice still alive or.... u don even know abt it...

i still do tat, provided i see the speed trap

Yes last tine traffic was light...can high beam without disturbing any car in front of yours.

Try it now.....the front car will farming jam brake, thinking you are rude to him. Ended up a kind deed become a death wish!!

Nope....it's not practice anymore.

We are a selfish and care less people.

whenever there are police setting up a speed trap say from the direction of tuas to changi, those cars from the oppo direction from changi to tuas, will flash their high beam on and off to warn the opposite lane of speed trap.

Bros buy a radar detector ... [idea]

(edited)

Well there was a report saying we are not top on the Most Gracious list. So i think can forget about such acts.

To make this Most Gracious thingy work , only one way ! The fine way , if you one jump Q , fine $200, if one didnt clear table at hawers fine $100, and apply fine to whatever list you have in your /or their minds .

Sure in no time we will become the Most Gracious Nation on earth ! [:p]

Edited by Jasonjst

high beam is still used now even more often..just that for the purpose of asking every car to "get out of the way so i can go pang sai pang gio" :D

Well I remember this stopped when police set up another road block in the opposite direction to catch those who flash the high-beam to warn on-coming vehicles.

But now many roads got plants etc in-between so even if u flash, the on-coming car might not see. And most speed-trap is positioned that opposite vehicles cant see them easily.

But it is still being done in Msia. So if u driving there n u see on-coming vehicle flash u, dont get angry. He is just warning u there is a speed trap ahead. [:)]

ya i suspect so. i have asked many friends, most ppl don know abt this 80s practice but malaysians are still practicing though.

This was being done even in the 60's n 70's. [nod]

Yes, that was the practice of yesteryear, but why bother to warn scum bags who speed or race on the roads.

Let the police catch them loh :angry:

on those roads with 60km/h limits, sometimes u just forgot and goes at 75 or 80km/h..

Bros buy a radar detector ... [idea]

got use? bought before long ago, bo ho la.

put at dashboard also danger kana fine for using....

(edited)

i do it while i malaysia highway but not in singapore as i scare the car in front of me thought i wan to chio him racing..... :D:o

its been a long time since i saw someone do that on singapore road.

frankly i think malaysian are more graceful drivers.

on the right lane if the car behind highbeam or turn on the right signal, though there is no more right lane, those "road hogs" will move aside, if singapore, confirm kana jam brake...

sometime u don even need to tell the car in front, they will auto move to side if they see yr speed is faster.

Edited by Tom_kkh