Is this practice still alive?

Tom_kkh

I remember when i was young, in the early 80s.

whenever there are police setting up a speed trap say from the direction of tuas to changi, those cars from the oppo direction from changi to tuas, will flash their high beam on and off to warn the opposite lane of speed trap.

i do not remember any one doing so now.... so sad....

is this practice still alive or.... u don even know abt it...

↡ Advertisement

Well there was a report saying we are not top on the Most Gracious list. So i think can forget about such acts.

ar.... its not abt graceful.... just curious anyways.

haha if you do that now, the car in front might get offended.

ya i suspect so. i have asked many friends, most ppl don know abt this 80s practice but malaysians are still practicing though.

Yup, remembered this practice frm e past....was always thankful got prior warning....especially when speedometer has its own mind then......always wan to go for high 3-digits

These days dun see anymore, at least I dun even when encountered a road block......not sure why though.....

Cheers

• Praise 1

Yup, remembered this practice frm e past....was always thankful got prior warning....especially when speedometer has its own mind then......always wan to go for high 3-digits

These days dun see anymore, at least I dun even when encountered a road block......not sure why though.....

Cheers

Most probably the drivers of this generation, most of their parents do not drive and so now when they start driving they do not know about this practice. so it dies off?

only very old drivers or those drivers who's parent always drive them around in the 80s remember these?

pls don flame me.... i presume only.... [laugh] [laugh]

ever saw a car along changi village flashing his high beam across the road, i had thought there was an accident up ahead so i slowed down. after a while indeed i saw the police road block!

I remember when i was young, in the early 80s.

whenever there are police setting up a speed trap say from the direction of tuas to changi, those cars from the oppo direction from changi to tuas, will flash their high beam on and off to warn the opposite lane of speed trap.

i do not remember any one doing so now.... so sad....

is this practice still alive or.... u don even know abt it...

I believe flashing highbeam at those reckless drivers more popular now, than for alerting others about any police speed traps. Only seen it being practised outstation.

Well there was a report saying we are not top on the Most Gracious list. So i think can forget about such acts.

Sadly, I agree that we are not the most gracious drivers.

I honestly do not remember such act. I do have seen people flashing to let me know they give way to me, & I can turn in. Sadly again, not in sunny Singapore.

Yes, that was the practice of yesteryear, but why bother to warn scum bags who speed or race on the roads.

Let the police catch them loh :angry:

Some time speeding could be due to urgent matters. Normally I wun bother on one high beam but when two cars high beam then I meant something

There are very rare scenarios that you need to speed, barred some emergencies to the hospital.

[;)] nowadays some drivers r too sensitve....if u high beam to warn opp direction drivers abt road blocks, the same-direction driver in front of u might be offended.....not worth the trouble, i say
↡ Advertisement