Pls read this before buying Aviva car ins (not abt mods)

Invigorated

When I renewed my policy ard Dec last year, Aviva was the lowest at ~$1060 with 30% ncd, next Directasia and a few standard others. Thus went for the lowest quote.

Terminated my policy with them in July with about 7months and 7days of insurance coverage and hence emailed them for a refund.

Imagine my disgust when I was told that their refund rate goes like this, as given by them:

pic219911.jpg

If you look at their table, so long as you use more then 1 day past a month, they will round it up to the next month. Thus, whether I utilised 7months 1day or 8months, it's considered the same.

Is this reasonable?

On top of that, they charge me 80% of usage when I had only used 59.7% of the policy term (218/365 days)!

As a result, instead of getting back 40% ($424) or slightly less than that (some insurance companies give 100% or 85% of balance prorated), I'll only receive 20% or ~$213.

It's my fault that I was ignorant of this but I hope the rest of you will at least know abt this, if you dun alr know, and question the insurance company on their refund policy before committing.

I've learnt my lesson and will chk on the next one I buy.

↡ Advertisement

Maybe u can change aftermarket sports rim then crash some other car and let your victim claim from ur aviva policy. CONFIRM THEY FULL REFUND U hahahaha.

Just kidding bro, please dun take what i mentioned above seriously. Aviva can burn in hell. I'm gonna change insurer this coming August too.

↡ Advertisement