Convert OPC to normal

Friendstar

Hi all,

I intend to convert my parents OPC to normal plate.

they are retired and will be using the car for sending/fetching grand children to school.

what are the steps involved?

i have called insurer, they have advised accordingly.

i went one motoring, have gotten the calculation for how much to pay.

what about stuff like car plate ?

will LTA remove the OPC seal on the car plate?

↡ Advertisement

not sure about the rest but on removing the seal...i think u have to do it at outside workshop.

the rest you can go down lta to ask them at info counter...but queue gets too long at times

So do I go to a nearby shop to indent normal car plate now?

For the change. Can I go vicom or must I go Lta at sin ming?

I cant seem to find info at one motoring

(edited)

Simple steps:-

- Check the Conversion fees payable online under onemotoring.com.sg

- Go to Sin MIng Rd LTA receiption for Q-nos..

- Pay at the destignated counter (Bring along the registered owner's IC and if possible bring your parent -- registered owner along c/w Original Insurance Certificate and cheque book for payable of Conversion fees + Road Tax pro-rata payable till the full period as per your Motor Insurance expiry date.

- After the conversion, you can drive your car to appointed workshop (Ask LTA Officer for work shop namelists) around Sin Ming Rd -- nearby LTA and appointed car plate makers will remove the SEALS and OPC plates for you and pay them between S$ 50 to S$ 70 for fabircation & install of new normal car plates (It takes about 20 mins to 30 mins and for the new plates, you can choose either both fron t& rear plates of black background plates with white wordings OR front plate wih white background with black wording and rear plate of yellow background with black wording -- MUST be approved types by LTA).

Edited by Jefkking

Twincharged

i changed from a OPC to normal. These are the steps:

1. go to LTA and pay the conversion fee.

2. you have 3 days to change the plate from red to normal. you can go to any shop that makes number plates to do it.

3. inform insurance company and pay the extra.

Also, if it's full OPC (can use full day on Sat), do it on a Sat so can save $20 [bounce2]

Are the workshops for changing car plates opened on sat?

Neutral Newbie

Also, if it's full OPC (can use full day on Sat), do it on a Sat so can save $20 [bounce2]

i think don't need to do on sat. on the day, u can drive yr opc car to lta, paper work done, that day can drive around like normal. but if paper not done, then have to buy day coupon.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a 2nd hand OPC and after that convert to normal plate.

I know the formula is I have to pay 17K pro-rated to LTA. Let's say its 13K.

Question is if I buy from dealer, will I be able to loan the 13K extra from the bank or I have to fork out cash myself?

Many thanks.

Just to share:

You can also convert on a normal day, just buy an E-Day licence on the day you convert. When you go to the counter, they will have record of your E-day licence purchase for the day and will deduct $20 from the conversion amount.

As for changing licence plates, I guess any old workshop will do. I did mine at SmartPlate at Playfair Road. Break seal $20, change to normal plate $40, total damage $60. Took less than 30 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Turbocharged

Say for those 5 to 6 year old OPCs, with the current madness, is it worthwhile to convert?

if you need to use it during non OP hour yes, cause its cheaper.

↡ Advertisement