Hotel in KL

Parkwalker

For those prefer staying near KLCC, can try the new Grand Hyatt. Stayed there in Sep. Room is tastefully appointed and it has a walk-in wardrobe. It has large heated pool. There is also a JBL MP3 docking system. Breakfast spread is similar to Westin (you may also spot some ex-Westin staff there) which is great. What I don't really like are the carpark (tho well lit, and spacious, it is not hotel exclusive), the check-in is on the top-floor and can be too business-like for family with young kids.

But my family and I prefer the Westins cos of familiarity, it is just opp Pavilion and easy to get in/out of KL city. So we went back to Westin on our Nov trip.

If u like to be near to pavillion shopping mall, u can try this hotel called lodge paradize hotel. It's only a 3-star hotel to me but the room is really BIG and not expensive. U can park your car in the hotel compound too.

saw the layout for the 2 bedroom also. very big. when u say it's a distance from bukit bintang, u mean far or near? according to the hotel, they said it's walking distance. but i see the map, looks like can b quite far if walk there.

For me walking 8-10mins to Pavillion is no big deal since I jog 4clicks 4x a week, but for wife, kids and in laws, that's far. Actually they were also wary of mat rempits snatching stuff while walking on the road side (although we didn't meet any).

Anyway, Parkroyal suites do provide transport to the major malls in KL where they can drop you off at Petronas KLCC, Lot 10 and Mid valley. You need to make your way back though.

Was in KL couple of weeks ago and this time we stayed at Piccolo Hotel. Good location. It's right in the heart of the shopping belt.

RM288 for deluxe room. Spacious and modern although it has no breakfast but not an issue since gettng food nearby is easy.

Fahrenheit and Starhill Gallery is on the right and Pavillion is across the road from Starhill. On the left, there is food court where they claimed to have gathered all the famous hawkers in one place.

For me walking 8-10mins to Pavillion is no big deal since I jog 4clicks 4x a week, but for wife, kids and in laws, that's far. Actually they were also wary of mat rempits snatching stuff while walking on the road side (although we didn't meet any).

Anyway, Parkroyal suites do provide transport to the major malls in KL where they can drop you off at Petronas KLCC, Lot 10 and Mid valley. You need to make your way back though.

Was in KL couple of weeks ago and this time we stayed at Piccolo Hotel. Good location. It's right in the heart of the shopping belt.

RM288 for deluxe room. Spacious and modern although it has no breakfast but not an issue since gettng food nearby is easy.

Fahrenheit and Starhill Gallery is on the right and Pavillion is across the road from Starhill. On the left, there is food court where they claimed to have gathered all the famous hawkers in one place.

yeah...i saw in the map that pavilion is not that far away. we'll see how it is. if weather is gd n the rest of the family is game enough to walk, mayb we'll walk. if not, mayb can use the hotel transport.

so far wat i hv in mind is to visit klcc (aquaria), berjaya times square (indoor theme park) n pavillion. might also wanna go petaling st.

For those prefer staying near KLCC, can try the new Grand Hyatt. Stayed there in Sep. Room is tastefully appointed and it has a walk-in wardrobe. It has large heated pool. There is also a JBL MP3 docking system. Breakfast spread is similar to Westin (you may also spot some ex-Westin staff there) which is great. What I don't really like are the carpark (tho well lit, and spacious, it is not hotel exclusive), the check-in is on the top-floor and can be too business-like for family with young kids.

But my family and I prefer the Westins cos of familiarity, it is just opp Pavilion and easy to get in/out of KL city. So we went back to Westin on our Nov trip.

is grand hyatt worth to stay? i thinking of staying there. hows the room? is it far from KLCC suria?

is grand hyatt worth to stay? i thinking of staying there. hows the room? is it far from KLCC suria?

Rooms is really nice but slightly more expensive than Mandarin Oriental. Worth a try especially since it is new. It is next to Aquaria KLCC which is connected to KLCC via underground tunnel which I reckon will take you 5-10mins stroll.

Expect to hear the word 'Certainly' often which does get a little annoying. I also find the way they greet you (a palm on their chest) will take a while to get used to.

Edited by Silver_blade

Going to sleep now. Moving off at 6am tomrw. Hope everything goes on smoothly.

Have a safe trip. I just decided to go to KL tomorrow too. Probably after work. Will see if I can get a room after this. Selangor sultan's birthday on Tue....hopefully there will not be too many road closure.

For me Traders Hotel in KL is the best, last month I stayed there and rate was about RM469 per night (deluxe rm) which includes breakfast. The breakfast is super good .. sedap! Parking is complimentary at basement and it is quite safe. Have stayed there for 3 times and so far good experience, the staff are friendly and i use the gym there too. Oh, also near to klcc and 10-15 min walk to Pavillion (there is a sheltered bridge link from klcc to pavillion).

Have a nice trip to whoever is going there!

Rooms is really nice but slightly more expensive than Mandarin Oriental. Worth a try especially since it is new. It is next to Aquaria KLCC which is connected to KLCC via underground tunnel which I reckon will take you 5-10mins stroll.

Expect to hear the word 'Certainly' often which does get a little annoying. I also find the way they greet you (a palm on their chest) will take a while to get used to.

I feel mandarin oriental abit aging, time to renovate i think. If there is underground 5-10 min stroll, i dont mind but is it accessible by wheelchair the undeeground? Cos i will bring elderly to KL :D

How about the car park in grand hyatt? Probably will try to find time to go KL during christmas [rolleyes]

Maybe some bros here can try grand millenium, worth stay as price value for money and lobby very grand! Many security that time i go, feel very safe. Beside pavilion and room very good as well! I stayed there 2x already

I feel mandarin oriental abit aging, time to renovate i think. If there is underground 5-10 min stroll, i dont mind but is it accessible by wheelchair the undeeground? Cos i will bring elderly to KL :D

How about the car park in grand hyatt? Probably will try to find time to go KL during christmas [rolleyes]

It is getting a little old. Just like Westin. But heard they will be refurbishing on stages early next year.

Re: access from grand Hyatt to KLCC, I believe it should be wheelchair friendly. There are lifts to the underground tunnel. Carpark is bright & fairly spacious but it is not hotel exclusive which means no one stand guard at carpark entrance /exit.

It is getting a little old. Just like Westin. But heard they will be refurbishing on stages early next year.

Re: access from grand Hyatt to KLCC, I believe it should be wheelchair friendly. There are lifts to the underground tunnel. Carpark is bright & fairly spacious but it is not hotel exclusive which means no one stand guard at carpark entrance /exit.

Ok i see, hyatt will be my choice instead of mandarin. I dont like to visit hotel under reno, very noisy and chaotic

Thanks for the sharing info bro!

Anyone stayed in these 2 new hotels before?

1) Ibis Style Cheras KL

2) Ibis Style Fraser Business Park KL

Care to comment on hotel carpark security?