Hotel in KL

Parkwalker

Change to which hotel? Those near BB is good because you don't need to drive to the many eateries and shopping centres.

swiss garden loh.....

speaking about jam...... :wacko:

there was once i went chong pang from BB, on the way back was stuck at the jam for 1.5hr and i am only 900m away from where i stayed [dead]

↡ Advertisement

swiss garden loh.....

speaking about jam...... :wacko:

there was once i went chong pang from BB, on the way back was stuck at the jam for 1.5hr and i am only 900m away from where i stayed [dead]

Your 111 / nite at swiss is MYR or SGD? If SGD, then you should look at some hotels such as Istana who has promotions from time to time and probably cost just slightly more but can be a good experience for your family too. Also, it's walking distance to sungei wang and BB eateries and shopping centres without the need to drive since the traffic is simply [crazy] most times especially during peak hours. They too have a good spread of buffet breakfast which comes in certain packages which don't actually cost an arm and a leg. Further, parking is free for guests.

I probably will incl KL again for a short break this year but unlikely to drive unless I intend to add another destination in my itinerary.

Have a nice and [sunny] weekend. [wave]

(edited)

Agreed, don't stay Bt Bintang as traffic jam all the time. Take LRT better to Lot 10 for shopping @ Bt Bintang.

If you want to stay in KL, my recommendation is to stay at Ancasa Hotel @ Chinatown (Near Train & Bus Station of which located at right hand across street from Chinatown & free parking with good security).

Rooms were big & clean at reasonable rates BUT only down side was the carpark limited lots & tight spacing.

Edited by Trafficwatch

Your 111 / nite at swiss is MYR or SGD? If SGD, then you should look at some hotels such as Istana who has promotions from time to time and probably cost just slightly more but can be a good experience for your family too. Also, it's walking distance to sungei wang and BB eateries and shopping centres without the need to drive since the traffic is simply [crazy] most times especially during peak hours. They too have a good spread of buffet breakfast which comes in certain packages which don't actually cost an arm and a leg. Further, parking is free for guests.

I probably will incl KL again for a short break this year but unlikely to drive unless I intend to add another destination in my itinerary.

Have a nice and [sunny] weekend. [wave]

111 sing lah....if in MY, proly end up sleeping in store room :D

111 sing lah....if in MY, proly end up sleeping in store room :D

[laugh] Then you should give Istana Hotel a try since it's better located (if you intend to move around BB and nearby areas) and may provide you and your family a worthwhile experience.

You may want to check their promotional rates at this link - Hotel Istana.

Have a nice day! [wave]

If Chinatown Swiss Inn better not as the rooms very dirty & terrible.

Oh yes, i heard about that one. Its those old shophouse converted to hotel type.

Yeah, that's why staying in BB is usually for the first timers. There are tons of other choices in K.L. Want to go BB, drive in the morning and leave by afternoon, when the traffic is a little lighter or stay at hotels at the brim, like Ritz Carlton for higher end, or Swiss Garden on Jalan Pudu for economic. Weekend nights, no way you can get back to your JBB hotel quickly. One small stretch of road, easily 1 to 1.5 hour.

If stay in BB area, no need drive loh, can walk to most shopping ctrs.

I'm planning to drive to Melaka with my friends and stayed for a few nights. We've booked our rooms at the Renaissance Hotel.

Now we're thinking to then drive from Melaka to Kuala Lumpur and stayed for a few days before driving back to S'pore. It's the first time we're driving this far......

We're looking to stay at the Furama Bukit Bintang as the price is quite attractive and location good to us.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel before and how's the place?

I'm planning to drive to Melaka with my friends and stayed for a few nights. We've booked our rooms at the Renaissance Hotel.

Now we're thinking to then drive from Melaka to Kuala Lumpur and stayed for a few days before driving back to S'pore. It's the first time we're driving this far......

We're looking to stay at the Furama Bukit Bintang as the price is quite attractive and location good to us.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel before and how's the place?

Stayed before during March this year. Very good. Just behind Berjaya Mall and BB. There is a local coffeeshop just behind the hotel morning nice noodle soup and such. Opp the hotel also have some small boutique cafes (there was a Taiwanese cafe which I patronised). Like me, there were also quite a few Singaporean families and couples staying there. Carpark is bright and safe, can see at least 20% SG plated vehicles.

Stayed before during March this year. Very good. Just behind Berjaya Mall and BB. There is a local coffeeshop just behind the hotel morning nice noodle soup and such. Opp the hotel also have some small boutique cafes (there was a Taiwanese cafe which I patronised). Like me, there were also quite a few Singaporean families and couples staying there. Carpark is bright and safe, can see at least 20% SG plated vehicles.

Thanks for the info, bro. How much the parking daily? Couldn't find such info on the hotel website......

How about the drive to the hotel? Is the traffic really bad coming from NSHW to the hotel?

Thanks for the info, bro. How much the parking daily? Couldn't find such info on the hotel website......

How about the drive to the hotel? Is the traffic really bad coming from NSHW to the hotel?

the parking should be free for hotel customer.

but quite a distant to walk to BB main shopping area and driving will be quite jam. from toll to the hotel will be a bit jam but depends on what time you reach.

Edited by Jman888

the parking should be free for hotel customer.

but quite a distant to walk to BB main shopping area and driving will be quite jam. from toll to the hotel will be a bit jam but depends on what time you reach.

Thanks bro. We should be leaving Melaka at ard 12 noon and then head towards KL.

Any rest point recommended for the trip from Melaka to KL? Think only 1 stop should be enough as Melaka to KL is just under 150 km....so I should take no more than 1.5-2 hrs drive.

I'm just worried about the jam from toll to hotel as well as the roads 'cos first time driving to KL. I'll be driving with a GPS though.

For the traveling inside KL, I'll stick to the public transportation then..... [:p]

Edited by WTF

I think it a new hotel at the junction of jln pudu and jln changkat thambi dollah. Most hotel allows free parking for customers.

Traffic from NSH to the hotel should be ok. From sg besi head straight to jln yew and turn left to jln pudu.

Traffic along jln yew a little heavy but ok. You need to keep left after passing jln lok yew and up a gradient (don't go through the tunnel) to turn left to jln pudu. You need a map to study to manoeuvre your way to your hotel as you can't turn directly from jln pudu to your hotel.

Go back the same way.

Edited by Dumb

Thanks bro. We should be leaving Melaka at ard 12 noon and then head towards KL.

Any rest point recommended for the trip from Melaka to KL? Think only 1 stop should be enough as Melaka to KL is just under 150 km....so I should take no more than 1.5-2 hrs drive.

I'm just worried about the jam from toll to hotel as well as the roads 'cos first time driving to KL. I'll be driving with a GPS though.

For the traveling inside KL, I'll stick to the public transportation then..... [:p]

Dont really need any rest point from ayer keroh toll to sg besi toll as distance can be completed below 1.5 hr. GPS not really required unless you are driving around town. All roads around bkt bintang is quite frustrating and chaotic at times.

I think it a new hotel at the junction of jln pudu and jln changkat thambi dollah. Most hotel allows free parking for customers.

Traffic from NSH to the hotel should be ok. From sg besi head straight to jln yew and turn left to jln pudu.

Traffic along jln yew a little heavy but ok. You need to keep left after passing jln lok yew and up a gradient (don't go through the tunnel) to turn left to jln pudu. You need a map to study to manoeuvre your way to your hotel as you can't turn directly from jln pudu to your hotel.

Go back the same way.

Bro, you mean the main road outside the hotel can't turn into the hotel's carpark? [confused]

Dont really need any rest point from ayer keroh toll to sg besi toll as distance can be completed below 1.5 hr. GPS not really required unless you are driving around town. All roads around bkt bintang is quite frustrating and chaotic at times.

The rest point not actually for me lah 'cos my friend and his wife plus a 8 yr old kid might need. Also I might need to top up fuel as well.

I won't be driving ard KL as we'll be taking public transport......... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement