Hotel in KL

Parkwalker

Hi there, planning to go to KL during early june (June 03-05), budget per nite is about SGD250-SGD300, any hotel to recommend? (Wanted a different experience to Swiss Garden)

you can try grand hyatt, new hotel. or mandarin oriental (quite old) for location near KLCC. if want near their orchard road, can try JW mariott (abit old) or Grand Millenium

↡ Advertisement

4th Gear

ppl budget SGD 250 le hahaha

just now see wrongly, the price was for 2 nights.......think this hotel prob too cheap for him liao........ [laugh]

just now see wrongly, the price was for 2 nights.......think this hotel prob too cheap for him liao........ [laugh]

with that budget can get exec suite in furama [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

4th Gear

with that budget can get exec suite in furama [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

even that on the current promo rate just S$170+ niah........ [laugh]

Hi there, planning to go to KL during early june (June 03-05), budget per nite is about SGD250-SGD300, any hotel to recommend? (Wanted a different experience to Swiss Garden)

actually one of the better hotel that I have stayed in KL is the westin....firstly of its location, just opp Pavilion shopping centre and the room is very cozy...I paid abt 160 bucks for one night...due to some promotion

(edited)

you can try grand hyatt, new hotel. or mandarin oriental (quite old) for location near KLCC. if want near their orchard road, can try JW mariott (abit old) or Grand Millenium

Trying to check the price of Grand Hyatt, seems like their booking system currently down, cannot seem to go thru although their rooms and reviews look pretty good [laugh]

Edit: The price pretty good too, SGD346 P/N for a 'view room' according to Hotels.com as I still cannot access the booking system :o

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS

Trying to check the price of Grand Hyatt, seems like their booking system currently down, cannot seem to go thru although their rooms and reviews look pretty good [laugh]

grand hyatt if normal price about 230 if i remember, my aunt stayed there last month and good review from her. however place not so convenient

Grand Hyatt is nice and new. Tho I find it a little to 'business' like for my kids. Lobby at the highest floor, has very good view. A short walk to KLCC or Pavilion via the mostly air-con overhead bridge connector. Car park is brightly lit but doesn't seems to have to any security guard at the entrance or exit.

Sticking to the old, a little run-down Westin for now. :D

sorry wrong price....it's RM$275/night incl. bf....ard S$111/night........ [:p]

Hi, mind sharing on the driving directions to Furama? I understand that upon exit from this tunel (some names with Tun Razak i think) Times Square is seen on the left, just follow the traffic in making a loop etc?

4th Gear

Hi, mind sharing on the driving directions to Furama? I understand that upon exit from this tunel (some names with Tun Razak i think) Times Square is seen on the left, just follow the traffic in making a loop etc?

I think when you exit the Smart Tunnel, keep to your left as Times Sq is on thr left. Once clear Times Sq on a cross junction turn left, going forward abt 50-100 metres you'll see the entrance to thr carpark of Furama on the right side.

Hope that this helps.

There's another road by Google Maps which doesn't use the Smart Tunnel and end up with the carpark entrance on the left but my GPS always bring me by thr tunnel.

I think when you exit the Smart Tunnel, keep to your left as Times Sq is on thr left. Once clear Times Sq on a cross junction turn left, going forward abt 50-100 metres you'll see the entrance to thr carpark of Furama on the right side.

Hope that this helps.

There's another road by Google Maps which doesn't use the Smart Tunnel and end up with the carpark entrance on the left but my GPS always bring me by thr tunnel.

thank you, been very helpful. Is your GPS a Garmin too?

4th Gear

Yes, it's a 50LM.

4th Gear

Sorry, I think I missed out a left turn in the process.

Exit Smart Tunnel (Times Sq on left) > X-junction turn left > passes by Times Sq (which is on left) > X-junction after Times Sq turn left > 50-100m Furama carpark on right

Hope that it helps.

Sorry, I think I missed out a left turn in the process.

Exit Smart Tunnel (Times Sq on left) > X-junction turn left > passes by Times Sq (which is on left) > X-junction after Times Sq turn left > 50-100m Furama carpark on right

Hope that it helps.

thank you very much!

try park royal. they have security guards on duty almost everywhere including the check-in lobby. place seems reliable when i stayed there during CNY as well. it is very near to berjaya times square and the rest of the malls.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Any comments on which hotel is better for family with kids? Impiana KLCC or Pacific Regency Suites?

Is is difficult to drive from Pacific Regency to visit Aquaria?

From Cameron Highlands, what are the directions to drive and arrive at KLCC avoiding all the jam places?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement