Is Wide Body Kit Illegal??

Mona-vie

Is widebody kit illegal in SG? CAuse I am trying to customised a set of bodykit for my car to make it look like the rally version. This will cause the wide of each side to extend by 45mm.

http://protonmotorsports.files.wordpress.c...6/basso_141.jpg

You can see the wider front and rear wheel arches.

Is this illegal in SG?

*I think its illegal after some google searches, but what the heck..... *

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Well u need spacers for your that's for sure. I have spacers if u need for your wide - body kit. Will make your car look agressive. It will also improve stability during conering especially and lower your car's COG.

Well u need spacers for your that's for sure. I have spacers if u need for your wide - body kit. Will make your car look agressive. It will also improve stability during conering especially and lower your car's COG.

I will need super wide spacers though. Cause I will need to increase each side by 4.5cm. Thats 45mm spacers required!

Neutral Newbie

i heard from workshop that spacers doesn't help in stability especially those "common" spacers that is not design specifically for your car..

try to get those wider rims?

Totally agree. You'll violate the very fabric of rules govern for car mods man..

Then I probably have to find some methods to get thru inspection....hmm.....

Getting thru inspections will be a headache...hmm......See how first....Probably have to ask WS to sned in for me.

but I have seen a few of these extreme wide body kits on the road before... definately not legal, but the drivers quite gung-ho driving them around. I wonder if kena by LTA before?!

but I have seen a few of these extreme wide body kits on the road before... definately not legal, but the drivers quite gung-ho driving them around. I wonder if kena by LTA before?!

I wonder how do they get thru inspections?

Is widebody kit illegal in SG? CAuse I am trying to customised a set of bodykit for my car to make it look like the rally version. This will cause the wide of each side to extend by 45mm.

http://protonmotorsports.files.wordpress.c...6/basso_141.jpg

You can see the wider front and rear wheel arches.

Is this illegal in SG?

*I think its illegal after some google searches, but what the heck..... *

Wah..look like pokemon lay..

Wah..look like pokemon lay..

Lol! I am more like thinking to spraying my car blue and put Doraemon stickers.

you'll see that all modifications are not allowed to "protrude from the vehicle body laterally and/or longitudinally." Wide body naturally will fail this test.

↡ Advertisement