Old WW2 Relic disposals

Scion

Turbocharged

i thought it has to be defused by the specialized bomb team of the police?

regardless of public or private places?

Jun 21, 2011

Who should defuse war relic?

By Tham Yuen-C

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_682168.html

A RELIC believed to be a bomb dug up by construction workers at a furniture warehouse in Sungei Kadut has set off a mad scramble to find a private bomb disposal company.

This was after the manager of the site was told by the police yesterday that the authorities would not help to get rid of the war relic since it was found on private property.

↡ Advertisement

For a while there...thought you talking about defusing Soya.....he is as old as a relic.....if not older

Turbocharged

There is a bomb disposal team.

Why would there be private bomb disposal companies in Singapore? Doesn't make any business sense.

Haizzz......if its chests of gold bars since WWII, tink e owner of e furniture co can stake claim???

Me feel tat e bomb whether war relic or dinosaur-aged on all types of pty shd b diffused by e bomb disposal squad. All lands afterall, "belong" to e state and this bomb am sure was nt directed at e furniture factory during e war....or e owner can "transfer" it to public area outside his factory.....wonder wat charge will he then b slapped with? [:p] [:p] [:p]

Ridiculous red tape

• Praise 1

Jun 21, 2011

By Tham Yuen-C

A RELIC believed to be a bomb dug up by construction workers at a furniture warehouse in Sungei Kadut has set off a mad scramble to find a private bomb disposal company.

This was after the manager of the site was told by the police yesterday that the authorities would not help to get rid of the war relic since it was found on private property.

I don't know the policy on this. I would say they should diffuse it, BUT charge the company for services rendered lor.

So... if you rob someone in their house, since it's considered private property, the police won't catch you?

Is there an offence with finding a bomb???

Jun 21, 2011

By Tham Yuen-C

Can donate to museum? Delivery with compliments...

Is there an offence with finding a bomb???

No, but isn't it part of their duties? I've a friend who was in the force (already quit) and I remember he got called up a few times during our lunches to report for such things, though his role was usually just to provide security for the bomb disposal squad. As you say, they should've defused the bomb and then charged them for the service. Fair enough. But to say that it's private property and hence not their business... wtf? Then by extension, any crime committed in private property also not their business?