Formula Drift 2011 Journal

Laserjet

Neutral Newbie

post-20148-1307933542_thumb.jpg

Please input your journal (Text & Pictures) on Formula Drift 2011 here.

For participants of the MCF Formula Drift Outing, you will win an exclusive MCF cashcard if you are selected as one of the top 3 best entries.

post-20148-1307933569_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Anyway to feedback to the event organizer?

I'm seated at the VIP area so not a problem for me.

My issue is that the walk about ticket is just crappy.

The view to the drift area is ridiculously limited.

I really pity (no offence) the walk about ticket holders to just have so limited view.

(edited)

First off a big thank you to MCF for organising this. I have always wanted to attend a drifting event but somehow never made that a reality.

post-72077-1307949853_thumb.jpg

The weather was hot and great for drifting!

The car performance parts, oils, accessories and race queens + smell of burning rubber completed the whole experience.

post-72077-1307949884_thumb.jpgpost-72077-1307950023_thumb.jpg

post-72077-1307950064_thumb.jpgpost-72077-1307950083_thumb.jpg

post-72077-1307950100_thumb.jpgpost-72077-1307950117_thumb.jpg

post-72077-1307950139_thumb.jpgpost-72077-1307950160_thumb.jpg

post-72077-1307950180_thumb.jpgpost-72077-1307950194_thumb.jpg

post-72077-1307950220_thumb.jpgpost-72077-1307950252_thumb.jpg

post-72077-1307950266_thumb.jpgpost-72077-1307950282_thumb.jpg

post-72077-1307950293_thumb.jpgpost-72077-1307950553_thumb.jpg

post-72077-1307950572_thumb.jpg

For a car noob, it was interesting to see the demos done at the various tents and it was an eye opener to visit the paddock area to view the drift cars 1st hand.

The drifting was awesome! to see the cars so close to each other attacking the corners at such speed and so close to the barriers where we are standing nearby. It's really a test of the driver's skills and the knowledge and handling of his car.

post-72077-1307950386_thumb.jpgpost-72077-1307950399_thumb.jpg

post-72077-1307950418_thumb.jpgpost-72077-1307950438_thumb.jpg

post-72077-1307950453_thumb.jpgpost-72077-1307950468_thumb.jpg

post-72077-1307950487_thumb.jpgpost-72077-1307950524_thumb.jpg

I went home with more knowledge about drifting and a very bad sun burn but it was all worth it. Thank you MCF! and yes both the decals are on my ride now [;)]

Edited by KennyLee83

Supercharged

overall, it was a pleasant but hot day.

apologize for turning up late, the whole family woke up at 1030am..

sleepyhead [laugh]

drifting was an unforgettable experience, especially we entertain ourselves by 'hiding from the sun' and standing on a cement block to have a better view.

The view is great and exciting, if you are a fan of final destination. You could recall, there

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi guys I'm glad that I have the pleasure chance to join the Drifitng Event with carforum Member thanks a lot, to me is a great pleasure.

To me Drifting is an Art the way of the car drift was an beautiful Art that driver wanted to perform especially those car with great horsepower and decals include the way of their drifting Technique.

Here is a few picture I have added, if you guys wanted to see more picture and video i have posted on my Facebook my hotmail for my facebook is [email protected] thank a lot.post-91819-1307959209_thumb.jpg

Edited by Goodr

(edited)

i would have seen the event if i had known drifters from japan were competing...maybe next year

Edited by Ithunk

Drifting was my very first contact with motor sports. Well sort of, anyway.

It was a chance encounter but I came across a video on Youtube that showcased a group of young drifters. Their choice of drifting machine? Small 1:10 radio controlled cars. I can never be sure what happened but one thing followed another and before I knew it, I whiled away many a week night and a week end at makeshift drifting tracks for these plastic drifting machines (some would say toys).

Sure, it wasn't exactly what I would call a motor sport much like drifting the real deal is. And as I grew older and as responsibilities piled on, this hobby of mine gradually took a backseat to other commitments and other motoring related activities. So, it was no surprise that while I went for Formula 1, I never went for a single Formula Drift. Well, not until last Sunday, anyway!

Once again, it was a strange coincidence. It so happened that I chanced upon the MCF thread offering us a great deal for the tickets and it so happened that I had absolutely nothing to do on that day. And I am not sure what came over me but the next thing I knew, I had keyed in my credit card details and was on my way to Formula Drift Singapore!

And what an event this was!

The squeal of tyres losing traction. The occasional pop of back fire. The deep rumbling bassy exhaust notes. The tyre smoke enveloping me as I got spattered with tiny bits of rubber. The adrenaline from seeing cars that were on the verge of losing control zip dangerously across less than a meter from me.

I was lost in petrolhead heaven. The hours passed so quickly and I barely noticed the intense rays of sunlight beaming down and cooking my skin. And even during the break, things never got boring. The special pit access and autograph sessions and the race queens all helped to keep the adrenaline bubbling. The hours passed quickly and Daigo Saito had become the DK of Marina Bay.

As I made the long walk back from the drift track, I was certain that I will be back next year with the Grandstand tickets. If my restricted view as a walkabout ticket holder was already this exciting; I can only imagine how much more awesome it would be in the Grandstand area!

For pictures, please head to my flickr page (I can't seem to insert them here).

yeah, the car park was expensive.. didn't read the organizer email well, parked at Ritz and it hurts my pocket. [nosebleed]

Hey bro. Does the organizer provide free parking?

Supercharged
Hey bro. Does the organizer provide free parking?

of course... No lah..

not that i know of.

after all, $10 per pax plus polo tee, is consider a cheap and good deal.

Neutral Newbie

Yes well it a good deal nxt time pls check the size of the t-shirt mine t-shirt 'L' size at first i was shocked why the 'L' size t-shirt so small, after confirm with our MCFs i get a nice 'L' size t-shirt, over all i say good deal nice tanned & hot weather so many babes TOO HOTT ! Well done for organizing this event well as got a great chance to feel the excitment not only the performance and to close up with all the drifter's bigboys toy and not forget those babes standing at hot sun nice event worth it !

Hey! Can I take part in this? :)

Hi Pinkypink, this journal contest is organized exclusively for members who attended the event on that day. [:)]

But it would be great if you could share with us your experience and review about the event. ^_^

Yes well it a good deal nxt time pls check the size of the t-shirt mine t-shirt 'L' size at first i was shocked why the 'L' size t-shirt so small, after confirm with our MCFs i get a nice 'L' size t-shirt, over all i say good deal nice tanned & hot weather so many babes TOO HOTT ! Well done for organizing this event well as got a great chance to feel the excitment not only the performance and to close up with all the drifter's bigboys toy and not forget those babes standing at hot sun nice event worth it !

Hi, very sorry for mistaken the t-shirt size for you. You might be very shocked! hahaha~ Anyway, great outing with you all! :D

Hi, very sorry for mistaken the t-shirt size for you. You might be very shocked! hahaha~ Anyway, great outing with you all! :D

:) I was kinda shock the L size was much smaller than I thought too. In the end it was quite fitting instead of loose fit haha. but good event.