Mobile Phone coverage in Cameron Highland - Hotel Equatorial

Blackmazda6

Neutral Newbie

Hi

I am planning a 4 days trip to Cameron Highland in June, staying in Hotel Equatorial, and plan to subscribe to Singtel Unlimited Bridge DataRoam. It says in their website that the operator is Maxis.

Question is : What is the signal receivable in Hotel Equatorial areas - is it Maxis coverage or is it Celcom ?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I have feedback that both Maxis & Celcom have data service there.... except Digi which I am on.

So take your pick if you're intending to get a local SIM card.

But if you feel rich... then can support our local telco thru' data roaming.

• Praise 1

Ok, just got back 2 days ago. Confirmed Maxis has good reception at Brinchang as well as at Equitorial. Speed was pretty godd as well.

But boy... what an experience of a lifetime for me (with wife & kid in tow and heaps of barang in the boot)...... this happened at Simpang Pulai.

2011-06-15162547.jpg

[:(][bigcry]

Ok, just got back 2 days ago. Confirmed Maxis has good reception at Brinchang as well as at Equitorial. Speed was pretty godd as well.

But boy... what an experience of a lifetime for me (with wife & kid in tow and heaps of barang in the boot)...... this happened at Simpang Pulai.

bro what's that huh? paiseh me car noob. Haha. [laugh]

Engine blow lah..... see the 2 lobangs....

wah.... [bigcry]

tot SP easier to manoeuvre? probably car too heavy when down hill??so now car in workshop? can repair?? [:/]

When coming down I also quite kan cheong..duno wana step brake anot scared overheated...auto gear already at Low liao... [sweatdrop]

It actually happened when i floored the pedal to over take. This was just at the base about 1 min past the petronas station on the way up.

Car towed to KL at rm500 and took 2.5 hours. How to repair? Engine gone lor.

At that point, haven't even started the holiday and with wife and kid. .... Panic man... Didn't even take picture of the car with all the oil on the road. All i was doing was calling all the workshops Singapore for assistance.

Oh sorry to hear that! what happened? Wat car u drive?

Car has turbo but it wasn't the turbo that gave way. 3 workshops i went to all said the 2 holes were due to conrod giving way and punched them.

i read in mcf got people indent a new engine or swap one from scrapyard with lta approval. with the high coe now, and if your car coe got many more yrs to go, it may be worth it

Car has turbo but it wasn't the turbo that gave way. 3 workshops i went to all said the 2 holes were due to conrod giving way and punched them.

Sorry to hear about your engine... I presume u managed continue with you hols on Cameron after your car was towed? Reached Simpang Pulai rather late on that Sat @ around 6+pm. Got stuck in a jam just before Brinchang due to the pasar malam, by the time we reached Tanah Rata it was already 8+pm...

Simpang Pulai route was a really long one, we took the Tapah route down. Though more windy, it was a much shorter & scenic drive.

Didn't want to spoil the holiday. So end up renting a car in KL to get to Cameron while car was in workshop. Extended a nights stay as turnaround was 3 days (from Monday as they didn't work Sundays) which they rushed out the work. Reached Brinchang Equatorial at about 11pm that Saturday night.

Made no sense to pay about SGD1K just to tow back to Singapore, while the money could be used to repair the car.

So drove an untuned car back and that's the ordeal. Lots of time and money wasted, and the anxiety about the car not being ready in time. Then it could mean more time stuck in Malaysia and not to mention the additional costs of hotel and transport. (with family in tow as well)

Wah..What car is that? Engine blow? Didn't do maintainance check before going up? When I went up 2 months ago, we send our car to AD for full body check up.

Didn't want to spoil the holiday. So end up renting a car in KL to get to Cameron while car was in workshop. Extended a nights stay as turnaround was 3 days (from Monday as they didn't work Sundays) which they rushed out the work. Reached Brinchang Equatorial at about 11pm that Saturday night.

Made no sense to pay about SGD1K just to tow back to Singapore, while the money could be used to repair the car.

So drove an untuned car back and that's the ordeal. Lots of time and money wasted, and the anxiety about the car not being ready in time. Then it could mean more time stuck in Malaysia and not to mention the additional costs of hotel and transport. (with family in tow as well)

Must have been a really 'unforgetable' hols for u guys!!

How much was the repair & how did they do it? Mend the holes? BTW how old is your car?

Car is 7.5years old.

Costs of rm500 for tow from simpang pulai to kl. Then kl repair costs rm5800. Sgp follow up repair work of sgd800. Car rental for 4 days of rm550. Hotel of about sgd100, additional tolls, etc

Overall costs about sgd3700 spent due to this.

↡ Advertisement