Caught for speeding in JB and got a ticket what to do??

Chanwil007

I thot only S$300+ for those normal numbers that are available at LTA counter?

Even normal number also alot more ex..compare SGd300 vs RM300...which is cheaper?

pay earlier can get discount even...think around 50 percent.

I also kena once moons ago on NSHW towards tebrau, bugger say I chiong 150...but I told him impossible as I was ferrying 6 persons on a Hyundai trajet and the round is a roundabout...how to chiong 150? then milkmaid say will send summon to my place via my vehicle. din even see my driving license or passport.

Dun care also...coz is a rented vehicle... [laugh]

TS you should just ignore it lah. go to the website to check if you are booked if you are still paranoid. At most go in they stopped you just prepare the amount in advance and pay on the spot.

↡ Advertisement

Sians but I go JB to service my car...... How not to go...

Dont pay first, can still go in they are not so efficient yet, dont have to die dont worry, wait till their agong birthday or National day got discount payment. I oso kanna one ticket still in and out wait until they stop me at custom den I pay. But drive carefully next time in JB.

Alot of Mal drivers also never pay summon

Neutral Newbie

so they normal ticket is ask you go cout to settle one la??

not like SG is got state how much to pay la....??

because it is the 1st time i got this stupid ticket....

and even if i don't want to go MY my family will sure ask me to drive them in every 3 months... so hope to settle this stupid ticket soon....

(edited)

i got a ticket on my way back towards tuas on nshw too but it was last 2nd may around 6pm .location is somewhere before the rest stop towards checkpoint.

was told i was speeding at 133? i grinned and just ask that bugger to issue me.

best advice , just ignore.

hehe.. me too... he said i was driving at 140kph.

I was behind this merc all the way in centre lane.. and at the road block, he waved the merc off and NEARLY waved me off and decided otherwise last min. It was also on 2 May at 5pm or so. I saw so many FD2, Euro R, WRX etc kena stopped. Me and 2 other friends each driving an Alfa kena. He didnt gimme any advise to settle on the spot leh.. and i dun dare to offer also, so just ask for ticket lor.

In all my previous encounters, they were very explicit in telling me what they REALLY want. But this time.. either he is really official, or his hinting skill darn bad.

Just checked the msian site.. and my name is there liao. haha.. who say they are not efficient?

Edited by Chrispie

i think i was the lucky ones...came across the road block but at that time about 6-7 plus, the polis were just setting up the traffic cones ...

Hi all,

need some help, there was a road block at north south highway in JB I was on my way home to the 2nd link then they stop my car for speed and gave me a taking saying that I was speeding and have to be ordered to appear in person or by counsel before JB magistrate court on 7/7/2011 @ 0830

that was what the ticket said but the cop told be I have to pay fine so is what??

Anyone knows how to settle this??

Neutral Newbie

Just pay summon la... speeding what... lan-lan bo lan...

the problem my ticket is not a summon but ask me go court on the 7/7/11 at 0830 at JB court....

If is summon got write how much i sure just give la...

I parked my car along double yellow outside KSL mall during launching day, many cars parked too including Sp cars, got a ticket all in Malay words, I kept the ticket till I see their van outside Pelangi, My malaysian friends tell me to ignore or wait for discount,, many of them dun be bothered to pay.

Either U pay kopi $$ or ask for summon ticket, my advise is dun spoilt the market by paying, ticket will still come later,

Changing car no.is not the solution, buying new car and leaving it for new owner is irresponsible. Best to pay in RM instead and U get 50% discount, there is no expiry date like Sp.

Neutral Newbie

Wait...one question..if they summon you, they wouldn't get your license and issue you a summon slip to pay then collect back your license...not like that right??? other country like that leh....

Turbocharged

TS mentioned must attend court. Sems very serious case (Normally is just a FINE ticket).

Maybe attend court, sentence pass....heavy FINE or go jail for few days. KNL

Why dont you pose the ticket front and back so that the correct advise is provided.

Just blank off the car plate number and driving license.

A ticket speaks a thousand words........LOL.

Hi all,

need some help, there was a road block at north south highway in JB I was on my way home to the 2nd link then they stop my car for speed and gave me a taking saying that I was speeding and have to be ordered to appear in person or by counsel before JB magistrate court on 7/7/2011 @ 0830

that was what the ticket said but the cop told be I have to pay fine so is what??

Anyone knows how to settle this??

I heard on Malaysian radio, the Msian traffic police getting tough on Singaporean n Thailand drivers...

Something like cannot settle fines, you cannot exit JB...

Why dont you pose the ticket front and back so that the correct advise is provided.

Just blank off the car plate number and driving license.

A ticket speaks a thousand words........LOL.

so they normal ticket is ask you go cout to settle one la??

not like SG is got state how much to pay la....??

because it is the 1st time i got this stupid ticket....

and even if i don't want to go MY my family will sure ask me to drive them in every 3 months... so hope to settle this stupid ticket soon....

The ticket you received is the normal summon. Don't have to worry about attending the court. Just settle it in JB, I suppose any police station will be able to assist you. The amount is RM300. Standard in all their traffic summons.

I heard on Malaysian radio, the Msian traffic police getting tough on Singaporean n Thailand drivers...

Something like cannot settle fines, you cannot exit JB...

Read on newspaper too. They will require first time car owner to register upon entering the country (Don't know how are they going to enforce this?)

Neutral Newbie

not sure if you all can see the photo but here is my ticket....

please do help me as it is my 1st time getting this type of ticket....

looks like malaysia is no more that a fun place to drive lol haha

read about drivers being bullied by malaysians... and lots of other stuff... now even the cops also want to buly us when we are the ones spend lots of money there... sooner of later singaporean will just stop going there then see malaysia will bag use to go back muhahaha

Chanwil007: Bottom of the ticket shows it's compoundable. Go to JB Traffic Police HQ (or any state's), queue up and pay rm300 before the date stated. May or may not have early payment discount.

Did you first check whether the summon is posted online or not ? Just pay online if available. May take some time to be posted.

↡ Advertisement