Caught for speeding in JB and got a ticket what to do??

Chanwil007

Turbocharged
(edited)

the problem my ticket is not a summon but ask me go court on the 7/7/11 at 0830 at JB court....

If is summon got write how much i sure just give la...

no need go court.. just pop by any of their police station or TP HQ @ JB to pay.. the location of their TP office is HERE

not sure if you all can see the photo but here is my ticket....

After looking at your summon slip.. just pay the summon before 8/6/2011.. should be 8th june.. if you want to contest the claim, then go court..

PS: you dun want to pay also can.. but everytime exit JB, make sure you have RM300 on standby just in case they stop you at kastam and ask you pay on the spot..

Edited by Shull
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

ok many thanks to all so the ticket is normal what Malaysia uses la.... thought y never say the price of the fine and need to go court... scare me....

Neutral Newbie

would like to check have any of you all paid your malaysia fine before?? if so do there give you a receipt, so to prove that you have paid the fine??

As if I pay my fine scared later no receipt later they say i have not paid... sians...

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

anyone know what web site I can go to to pay my malaysia fine online with singapore cedit cards??

I have tried going to www2.rilek.com.my but only can pay if you have malaysia cedit card which i do not have....

Hi all,

anyone know what web site I can go to to pay my malaysia fine online with singapore cedit cards??

I have tried going to www2.rilek.com.my but only can pay if you have malaysia cedit card which i do not have....

apply for maybank or CMIB credit cards?

Can pay at JB traffic station and keep the receipt cos their system always never update. If not if caught by their roadblock they will bring you back to police station either pay $$$ on the spot (heavy fine + coffee) or get a Malaysian to bill you out.

Neutral Newbie

Once i had a parking ticket in malacca. What happened was i could not find a proper parking lot so i found a stretch of road along the shops where alot of other cars were parallel parked, my friend and i then decided to park both our cars there too. When we came back after lunch the whole stretch of cars all had white slips on them, must be a fruitful day for the polis.

Some how we heard a rumor that time saying if we do not clear our outstanding fines we would not be able to cross the causeway back to Singapore. So we went to the polis station the next day to try to settle it. That is when the fun part begins, each polis officer told us a different procedure how to process it, one even wanted 100RM from each of us promising he will settle for us. We decided since we were already at the station we should search for the appropriate counter to process it. Finally we found the counter at a corner of the station and they could not find our fines in the system. So asked us to pay 80RM each but we negotiated to 70RM if i did not remember wrongly.

The next time if this happens again, i probably wont even bother. That time we paid just to give us the peace of mind to drive on back smoothly.

Hypersonic

Heard if the summon is given by polis, maybe the system will have your record. But if the summon is issued by parking warden, maybe can just ignore it. [:p]

Hi all,

You can try to ask your Malaysian friend when going back to help you pay.....as Malaysian pay will get discount for it.

Tips 1: Always pay during their pay day period (See higher superior for nego)=confirm get discount or waive

Tips 2: Always pay during last week of fasting month same ( See higher superior for nego)=surely waive or atleast RM50.

Tips 3: Just pay if you think you are really a big boss=surely waive (must know who is who inside and up and not down ha...

Still many tips with me..coz I always use when it necessary... [wave]

Turbocharged

hehe.. me too... he said i was driving at 140kph.

I was behind this merc all the way in centre lane.. and at the road block, he waved the merc off and NEARLY waved me off and decided otherwise last min. It was also on 2 May at 5pm or so. I saw so many FD2, Euro R, WRX etc kena stopped. Me and 2 other friends each driving an Alfa kena. He didnt gimme any advise to settle on the spot leh.. and i dun dare to offer also, so just ask for ticket lor.

In all my previous encounters, they were very explicit in telling me what they REALLY want. But this time.. either he is really official, or his hinting skill darn bad.

Just checked the msian site.. and my name is there liao. haha.. who say they are not efficient?

I bin stopped in 2 cars as a passenger - one was a Rex, got caught at 110 in a 90 - settled on the spot, the other was in a 159 SW Q4, got caught at about 150 odd...that one was official roadblock by flying squad, so just accept summons, no choice.

I was fined 30RM for parking without coupon at Tebrau Food market in Feb this year. Once I got the ticket, I immediately head down to MPJB to settle and got a discount on the fine, in the end only paid 10RM to compound the offence.

Remember to keep the receipt, this was told by the officer at the counter as their system is slow in updating all checkpoints and polis station.

Hi all,

need some help, there was a road block at north south highway in JB I was on my way home to the 2nd link then they stop my car for speed and gave me a taking saying that I was speeding and have to be ordered to appear in person or by counsel before JB magistrate court on 7/7/2011 @ 0830

that was what the ticket said but the cop told be I have to pay fine so is what??

Anyone knows how to settle this??

I was told can wait for year-end half-price discount then pay fine.

Take the summon, don't give bribe...they will catch you. Speeding only RM150, not RM300, if discount only paying rm50...equal to SGD 22...very cheap...you can ignore it too...nothing serious...if they stop you at custom...tell them you will go back malaysia to pay next time...don't give them your license...they can play around if they hold it...I have friends who were held in their office for a day, doing nothing but sitting...they are very bad people in malaysia...just tried not to go too frequent to piggyland