Why must Gov servants and teachers afraid to vote for oppo?

Yahgo22

Turbocharged

Slyvia Lim is a poly lecturer. Poly are not under the arm of MOE.

Poly should be considered as private lecturer, she's a former Police officer also

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Because the fear has been instilled in them eons ago, and they are still living in this fear. They do not dare to and even if you quote them a million examples like Syliva Lim.

They will say things like "she is too high profile, so they don't do anything against her." "That's why she is still stuck where she is." "She is higher level." etc... But slowly this is changing....

and the fear are pass on to their children by DNA and reinforced by urban legends...

SDP's Tan See Jay is the best example to quote. He was GCT's PPS and during his time with the civil service, he voted for oppositions on numerous occasions and nothing happened to him.

2 decades later he was deemed unfit to be a Perm Sec after he left. What a joke.

2 decades later he was deemed unfit to be a Perm Sec after he left. What a joke.

Not GCT's fault ok...he is old, dont know wat to say and no new idea liao but those reporters keep pushing the mic to him...so personal attack lor...easier mah

I was a former civil servant and I have voted for opp all the way. What is there to be afraid?

I still get my promotion and pay increment and bonus every year.

By the way the dept I worked in before was set up by the late GKS and my seniors report directly to him only.

Supercharged

fear is a very powerful weapon..psychological warfare..and it does not help that our parents/grandparents/elders keep perpetuating these myths..and those coffeeshop ahpeks keep spreading fears..and the pappy dogs spreading fear among public decades ago..but now quite many are woken up..lets have faith! [grouphug]

i strongly believe GCT wants to retire... hence he's spewing lotsa nonsense for this GE

i don think they are afraid of been trace. more like afraid if more oppo, their bonus might not be as fat for the next 5 years

I'm terribly disappointed whenever I hear people who are civil/public servants telling me they have doubts about the secrecy of their votes and hence they will vote for the incumbent party. I think, these are the ones who don't think and just very kiasi. In the event if Spore has any trouble, this group will be the one to turn traitor mostly. If someone says he still votes for PAP because he believes in their policies (maybe the policies do benefit him a lot), at least that's way much better than the not thinking ones.

Anyway, our vote is a secret. And there's no worry about this. So make a wise choice tomorrow, not based on unfounded fears.

Isn't Syvlia Lim a Gov Servant and have been teaching in a Gov School for so many years?

The answer to your post is...it is a stupid mentality cultivated thru the many years where the ppl were ( I use the word were...hopefully by Sunday THIS WILL BE IN THE PAST TENSE FOREVER!!) ruled by a climate of fear!

Fear that they will be marked..

Fear that their votes can be found out for whom they voted....

Fear that they will be dismissed from their silver service or related job..

Or just simpy FEAR...by ITSELF!

Old Fart knows the most effective weapon is.....to rule by FEAR!..

He learnt this during the Jap war and thereafter the chaos that follow...

I guess it BACK FIRED...it is a sooner or later suituation...guess Old Fart didn't learnt his history lesson well......cos now he has made the younger set of Pappies fear that the wants of retribution and scream of justice from the masses will come upon them, which was implanted not by the present batch but by the Old Fart's batch so that they could retain power for so long...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use or abuse of POWER never last....... as what will last will only be the self-less and giving nature that only goodness will surround upon on those whowould do so...

↡ Advertisement