Why must Gov servants and teachers afraid to vote for oppo?

Yahgo22

Isn't Syvlia Lim a Gov Servant and have been teaching in a Gov School for so many years?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

The more they afraid of MIW the more they n their children will suffer silently for the nxt 5 years n in the long future...R they really that political daft?

I hope these people would wake up their idea

The more they afraid of MIW the more they n their children will suffer silently for the nxt 5 years n in the long future...R they really that political daft?

They don't have to. They know they will have a job, save up enough money for their children's future. Nothing wrong in their thinking. Don't judge them.

1st Gear

Things will NOT change ... I guarantee you

Because they have no officials to reassure them their rice bowls are secure regardless who they vote for?

i believe so, hence it would be best to remain status quo.

If you parents are strict and cane you often....but one day someone attack you parents....you will still defend for them right?

If you work for your boss....of course the sub-conscious mind will still support for the boss.

So the moral aspect is not easy to be swayed easily.

SDP's Tan See Jay is the best example to quote. He was GCT's PPS and during his time with the civil service, he voted for oppositions on numerous occasions and nothing happened to him.

Neutral Newbie

They don't have to. They know they will have a job, save up enough money for their children's future. Nothing wrong in their thinking. Don't judge them.

R u 100% sure that these civil servants will have enough for retirement n their children's future? R u 100% sure tat their children can afford their housing in the future? Unless they r from the superscale grade with million $ salary...Otherwise the majority of civil servants r still ordinary employees, drawing standard salary.

i know can survive, but r they really tat cash rich in the end? Dun talk abt those old folks on pension scheme. Now i know pension scheme no longer exist for the Gen X and Y govt employees.

Perhaps some r asset rich, cash rich i not really 2 sure...A lot of S'poreans r in debt, car loans n housing loans...otherwise how to support our banks in S'pore?

If u tell me those judges, ministers n MP with huge salary + allowances, directorships support MIW, tis i understand

But for the rest like teachers, stat board employees n even ministries r just like majority of employees in private sector. Perhaps drawing ave salary of 5k, depending on rank? Perhaps their jobs more secure a bit than private sector, but i tink they r just more or less abt the same as those working in private sector.

Dun forget currently govt a lot of contract jobs, iron ricebowl also slowing fading.

Isn't Syvlia Lim a Gov Servant and have been teaching in a Gov School for so many years?

Because the fear has been instilled in them eons ago, and they are still living in this fear. They do not dare to and even if you quote them a million examples like Syliva Lim.

They will say things like "she is too high profile, so they don't do anything against her." "That's why she is still stuck where she is." "She is higher level." etc... But slowly this is changing....

R u 100% sure that these civil servants will have enough for retirement n their children's future? R u 100% sure tat their children can afford their housing in the future? Unless they r from the superscale grade with million $ salary...Otherwise the majority of civil servants r still ordinary employees, drawing standard salary.

i know can survive, but r they really tat cash rich in the end? Dun talk abt those old folks on pension scheme. Now i know pension scheme no longer exist for the Gen X and Y govt employees.

Perhaps some r asset rich, cash rich i not really 2 sure...A lot of S'poreans r in debt, car loans n housing loans...otherwise how to support our banks in S'pore?

If u tell me those judges, ministers n MP with huge salary + allowances, directorships support MIW, tis i understand

But for the rest like teachers, stat board employees n even ministries r just like majority of employees in private sector. Perhaps drawing ave salary of 5k, depending on rank? Perhaps their jobs more secure a bit than private sector, but i tink they r just more or less abt the same as those working in private sector.

Dun forget currently govt a lot of contract jobs, iron ricebowl also slowing fading.

Are you 100% sure they don't? They have a choice, and who are we to judge them and their choices?

I respect the fact you have made a choice, whether it's the same as mine are of no importance to me and I have no right to judge you. I won't and have no right to say you are a political daft and you don't need to wake up your ideas, because you have every right to make a choice. You get what I'm trying to bring across?

And as for contract jobs, they might feel they have a better chance to secure/or renew another contract. If the current government still carries one, most likely existing projects will still carry on. They are not so sure if projects might cease if majority of parliament decide to cease it.

Like I said earlier, some worries are unfounded, just need the right people to reassure them.

Neutral Newbie

Are you 100% sure they don't? They have a choice, and who are we to judge them and their choices?

I respect the fact you have made a choice, whether it's the same as mine are of no importance to me and I have no right to judge you. I won't and have no right to say you are a political daft and you don't need to wake up your ideas, because you have every right to make a choice. You get what I'm trying to bring across?

And as for contract jobs, they might feel they have a better chance to secure/or renew another contract. If the current government still carries one, most likely existing projects will still carry on. They are not so sure if projects might cease if majority of parliament decide to cease it.

Like I said earlier, some worries are unfounded, just need the right people to reassure them.

If they vote for MIW out of their own heart n will n not based on fear, then their votes r valid n respected. If vote out of fear n MIW is kept in power thru intimidation n threats, then there's no glory even if MIW wins.

Even in corporate self-help books, leaders r those who r able to capture the hearts of the people they lead. But i m not convinced tat MIW has managed to capture the hearts of the people working for the civil service.

The poor attendance of MIW rallies is obvious aredi. MIW has to give angpoh, pay for meals n transport to get those aunties 2 attend their rallies. If the civil servants r so supportive of MIW, i dun tink they would mind paying for food n transport expenses to attend the MIW rallies.

(edited)

Maybe they are not afraid at all. And Maybe they look forward to changes. Who knows?

Edited by Chpeck

who told you they are? the opposition? did any civil servant or teacher tell u they are voting pap just cos of their job?

wake up young boy. 66% of singaporeans voted pap the last round. u tell me they are all teachers? most of my tchr fren are voting oppo.

the oppo only brought out this point cos they find it hard to bring out the real point they're getting at, SINGAPOREANS, stop being the cowards you were in 2006... not just teachers or policemen, all SINGAPOREANS. including the corporate cuckoos, lawyers, bankers, cleaners, drivers... all of you cowards!

Supercharged

Slyvia Lim is a poly lecturer. Poly are not under the arm of MOE.

↡ Advertisement