Sunday Times on 1st May so bloody one sided

Fivegear

Twincharged
(edited)

SIGH...some folks even chose that period to go overseas for leisure trip. I tot voting was compulsory, but that friend of mine told me, they say no need to vote if going oversea, juz show them proof.

Anyway even if these people vote, they will still vote PAP, coz they r not affected by the future, coz they r damn short sighted. They will complain this n complain that, but when ask them to make a change, typical reply wld be, aiya...got job, got stability, let's not rock the boat, or simply not really my problem leh.

SIGH!!!

Ya that's what most of my colleague reply.. quite sad actually.

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement

I ONLY BUY FOR ORBITUARY [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

isn't there any websites hosting all the obituaries in SIngapore? I think that would be a greater service to everyone's dear departed - rather than paying the papaya press tons of money to publish them. If there was a website - then people would only need to have it there, and the obituary would be able to be seen by the world, rather than limited to straits times circulation list.

I hope someone can start one and publicise it - whilst it's a morbid subject - it's actually an important section of news for people to keep updated if any one they know passes away, and to pay their last respects.

Turbocharged

True.. in fact my workplace quite a lot of colleague around my age and even older do not really care about politics.. they just feel as long as things do not change too much and do not bother them.. it's ok for them.. and most of them will vote PAP. Sad.. I can't do much explain and they will not listen one..

Becos

1) they not married so dunno the impact of housing cost and kids upbringing cost

2) they still young and healthy, dun have chance to test how much is medical bill

3) their salary is enough for their own use, can buy kate spade, etc. no other commitments, just weekend go clubbing, happy can already

4) they still have not have the chance to experience being replaced by FT when moving into old age jobless

5) they think that cpf withdrawal age dun matter to them now, but when its their turn, it maybe 90 instead of 67 [lipsrsealed]

Neutral Newbie

state media is like tat. both SPH & MediaCorp have to submit their articles to MICA before it gets cleared for publication the next day. take today's NP 2 page advertorial on GY and 1 page on VB to show the down to earth side of them.

Supercharged

Got a colleague who's a staunch supporter of PAP (i respect that), but when challenged on her views 2 things disappointed me with her replies -

1) Her research and knowledge derived from our mainstream media

2) Shes 24years old and first time voter; only bothered about Singapore politics when the parliament was dissolved.

ZZ.

[laugh]

↡ Advertisement