ABS warning lamp

Alantan1978

Supercharged

Any DIY method to solve problem?

Only reset your car, remove the battery wire,then reconnect..

That's what the Workshop did

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Only reset your car, remove the battery wire,then reconnect..

That's what the Workshop did

you need a OBDII to do the reset.

But most importantly, is your ABS system working? If it is, then the problem is solved. You just need a OBDII to do a reset.

Edited by Hamburger

hello all, did you all check if the ABS there is a protection fuse? Sometimes is the protection fuse that is broken that cause the ABS light to light up and will not go off.

Many people may thought that ABS sensor spoil but in actual fact could be the protection fuse that is causing the problem rather than the sensor. Try to locate if there is any ABS sensor fuse and replace it and it might help..

For my car at lease when the ABS light up i check the fuse first. Normally is the fuse that gave way. After replacing the fuse the problem solved. Its not always the ABS sensor problem.

Neutral Newbie

hello all, did you all check if the ABS there is a protection fuse? Sometimes is the protection fuse that is broken that cause the ABS light to light up and will not go off.

Many people may thought that ABS sensor spoil but in actual fact could be the protection fuse that is causing the problem rather than the sensor. Try to locate if there is any ABS sensor fuse and replace it and it might help..

For my car at lease when the ABS light up i check the fuse first. Normally is the fuse that gave way. After replacing the fuse the problem solved. Its not always the ABS sensor problem.

Thanks for the suggestion. As for my car, it is a intermittent problem. It goes off and on. That;s the problem....

Thanks for the suggestion. As for my car, it is a intermittent problem. It goes off and on. That;s the problem....

if its intermittent problem, u can ask your workshop mechanic to take out the sensors to clean them. sometimes, dirt or dust stuck on the sensor hence the causing intermittent connectivity. try all these first before conclude that the ABS sensor is faulty. ABS sensor hardly spoils easily.

My car also had this in Jan. Just replaced brake rotors, then one week later the ABS light came on, intermittently. First time, went to workshop, they used a tablet-like gadget and connected it to somewhere near the place where steering connect to the car, then ran a test. That tablet got all brands/makes there, just select car, and it will diagnose problem. After a short while, it showed where the trouble was, indicating two of the wheels are the problem. The workshop reset the fault, and the lit ABS light went off. Drove for another day, and the light came on again...

Went back to workshop, did the same diagnostic test, and indicated another wheel problem... Then in the end told me it means sensor kaput, so advised me to change, which I did for peace of mind...

My car also had this in Jan. Just replaced brake rotors, then one week later the ABS light came on, intermittently. First time, went to workshop, they used a tablet-like gadget and connected it to somewhere near the place where steering connect to the car, then ran a test. That tablet got all brands/makes there, just select car, and it will diagnose problem. After a short while, it showed where the trouble was, indicating two of the wheels are the problem. The workshop reset the fault, and the lit ABS light went off. Drove for another day, and the light came on again...

Went back to workshop, did the same diagnostic test, and indicated another wheel problem... Then in the end told me it means sensor kaput, so advised me to change, which I did for peace of mind...

didnt know changing the rotors will also spoil your ABS sensor? you didnt question the workshop?

didnt know changing the rotors will also spoil your ABS sensor? you didnt question the workshop?

Of course did lah, and of course they denied they are related, just said it's abt time and not unheard of, for 7+ yo korean car to have this type (or any other type) of problem.... [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

When first got the car at 5 yo, looks a good deal. almost 2 yr, only prob was once radiator one pipe got some hairline leak, replaced for $300. Then the last 7 mth damned suay, first aircon cooling coil leaked, spent $400+, then the brake rotors, another ~$500, followed by ABS, another $400+...

Supersonic

For my last car, I don't think it had a "ABS fuse", but definitely worth to check if any.

The wiring diagram indicates all 4 sensors are directly wired to the ECU.

It's some sort of hall effect, magnetic sensor.

At one time, the tyre exploded and cut the ABS wires. The warning lamp came up. I reconnect/solder back the wire and it goes away.

Few years later, ABS light came out again, but I was selling it off, so I didn't bother.

Of course did lah, and of course they denied they are related, just said it's abt time and not unheard of, for 7+ yo korean car to have this type (or any other type) of problem.... [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

When first got the car at 5 yo, looks a good deal. almost 2 yr, only prob was once radiator one pipe got some hairline leak, replaced for $300. Then the last 7 mth damned suay, first aircon cooling coil leaked, spent $400+, then the brake rotors, another ~$500, followed by ABS, another $400+...

if i were you i could have seek 2nd opinion already. will not let them to do the job and compared else where first before making repair decision. too bad what is spent cannot be reversed.

if i were you i could have seek 2nd opinion already. will not let them to do the job and compared else where first before making repair decision. too bad what is spent cannot be reversed.

You know what, the same thought kept crossing my mind in the last 2-3 yr, but somehow i stubbornly kept faith with the workshop, as i kind of know the boss, and he's quite helpful, in that when i need to bring the car for repair, he'll send me to my office, and will come by my place to change a flat batt or just to jump-start it...

i still don't know if my choice is correct...

You know what, the same thought kept crossing my mind in the last 2-3 yr, but somehow i stubbornly kept faith with the workshop, as i kind of know the boss, and he's quite helpful, in that when i need to bring the car for repair, he'll send me to my office, and will come by my place to change a flat batt or just to jump-start it...

i still don't know if my choice is correct...

sometimes these workshop are like that. give you abit of sweet and later slaughter you at the back. sometimes these workshop take you for granted being that they know u "trusted' them so they can anyhow hantam also you will believe them.

For me if i were to stick to one workshop, i make sure that their price is of the same level and not those ridiculous type. If they anyhow hantam you the pricing and you find it odd, i suggest its time to move on and source for better workshop rather than being locked down by them just because you think they are trustworthy.

Supercharged

Back to this ABS issue again...

Nearly had a chain Accident today, I Just can't stop Well...

Running 90..

new Tyre, less than 10k,

New Brake Oil, new suspension..

I shared this with my mechanic..

He told me it's my ABS that causing the braking to be 'retard...

advised me to replace it and change to normal pump.

Is it true?

I tried to change the module, but being too old and too many variety of part number, I don't dare to take the risk..

It's not the first time..

I nearly hit the touch and go barrier on the first encounter

Supersonic

Back to this ABS issue again...

Nearly had a chain Accident today, I Just can't stop Well...

Running 90..

new Tyre, less than 10k,

New Brake Oil, new suspension..

I shared this with my mechanic..

He told me it's my ABS that causing the braking to be 'retard...

advised me to replace it and change to normal pump.

Is it true?

I tried to change the module, but being too old and too many variety of part number, I don't dare to take the risk..

It's not the first time..

I nearly hit the touch and go barrier on the first encounter

What kind of "just can't stop well" ?

Are you experiencing spongy brakes ? If so, there's air bubbles in the brake line and need to bleed.

I'm not sure if ABS not working will cause brake problem.

I would have thought you only lose the ABS function, braking should not be any difference otherwise.

(edited)

If ABS is not working well dan your wheels will lock up and the tires screeching. Did this happen?

Your brakes are probably working. It's just that there's no traction or what ppl say no grip between the rubber and the road surface.

Did you upsize the rims & tires? Some ppl it will affect the ABS, some ppl say it won't. I personally dun no as I stay to the overall wheel diameter. Or did you use big brake kit? Whatever mods you did it probably affected the ABS.

If you over inflate your tires you will also experience the same as what you are getting now.

Edited by Watwheels

Turbocharged

My abs light has been on for a few mths now. As some say it could b the sensor disconnected or faulty. Went to hawk tayar n they used some sort computer to diagnose. Fault code came up was front right wheel sensor. To change it will cost rm200+. Will get a 2nd opinion elsewhere cos they didnt check if it was spoilt or disconnected.

N my airbag light also came on. They cant change it n asked me go bck svc centre to check. I guess it will cost more than the abs light.

My abs light has been on for a few mths now. As some say it could b the sensor disconnected or faulty. Went to hawk tayar n they used some sort computer to diagnose. Fault code came up was front right wheel sensor. To change it will cost rm200+. Will get a 2nd opinion elsewhere cos they didnt check if it was spoilt or disconnected.

N my airbag light also came on. They cant change it n asked me go bck svc centre to check. I guess it will cost more than the abs light.

what car are u driving?

Supercharged

What kind of "just can't stop well" ?

Are you experiencing spongy brakes ? If so, there's air bubbles in the brake line and need to bleed.

I'm not sure if ABS not working will cause brake problem.

I would have thought you only lose the ABS function, braking should not be any difference otherwise.

nope, not spongy brakes..

it just cannot stop that well..or should say the braking distance is long..

If ABS is not working well dan your wheels will lock up and the tires screeching. Did this happen?

Your brakes are probably working. It's just that there's no traction or what ppl say no grip between the rubber and the road surface.

Did you upsize the rims & tires? Some ppl it will affect the ABS, some ppl say it won't. I personally dun no as I stay to the overall wheel diameter. Or did you use big brake kit? Whatever mods you did it probably affected the ABS.

If you over inflate your tires you will also experience the same as what you are getting now.

i dont think its the wheels locked up, tires also didn't screech..

i did an upside of rims & tires, stock was 205/55/16, just change to 215/45/17

well, i'm thinking of unpower the abs..

since i can't get it repaired and i feel, it's causing the inefficient braking system

↡ Advertisement