ABS warning lamp

Alantan1978

whats the difference when driving with ABS and without ABS?

Actually I drove for about 3 months with the ABS warning light being ON all the time [wave] [wave] [wave]

Although I din feel got difference(braking still works fine even on rainy days), you will always get that uncomfortable sense of insecurity somehow.

When my warranty gg to expire at Jan this year, I quickly go and have it checked and rectified for free.

Hi Bro,

I am driving a Lancer Ex and in within 1 year I have already changed 2 of my ABS sensor. According to the mechanics they mentioned that the sensor is very sensitive and prone to damage. As what I heard from some of my friends who did not service with C & C they would normally charge them for using the diagnostic equipment only but no charge for the ABS sensor replacement if the car is still under warranty. In your case warranty is over I am not too sure how they would charge you.

If this is a faulty part that is causing so many issues on so many cars. I think they should be responsible to replace it or at a low cost. let's see how much they will charge me this saturday.

You don't feel the difference. But if the ABS is suddenly fails while you drive, the brakes vibrate and feels like the brake pedal is jamming.

Cars with ABS[Pioneer by Mercedes in 1978],the car can still steer if the front wheels are lock,if no ABS,if the front wheels are lock the car won't turn directions.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Everyone, am new to this forum.

I'm having a EX 2.0L GT ride second hand and now running 3 years plus (77,000km) thus no more warranty.

1 week back, my ABS sensor went off. But it was intermitent, after a while it went off. Everyday, i see this ABS thingy pop out once and goes away.

Just yesterday, the ABS sensor do not goes away this time and had been with my ride since then.

Reading all the threads above, most friends here are with warranty and those their servicing at C&C.

For me, i had only done once servicing since getting my ride and it's not in C&C.

Would like to seek all experience bros and sis here, without warranty getting ABS sensor fixed, where would you recommend to get the most economic deal?

PS: I heard from some friends, somewhere is dirty, sometimes it's not faulty, just need to clean that up and reset ECU, but of course i'm not so incline on the technicality of cars.

Hope to hear from any kind souls out there!

Cheers!

My previous ride...COLT also like that...still under warranty...less than 3yrs...the ABS indicator went off...

if happy it will go off for days or weeks...then back again...went C&C ..they took out tyre, diagnosed ...no use....

that is y change to a HONDA...coming 4.5yrs....go my friend workshop for servicing every 10k...cheap n good...no such problem..

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros is there any other reliable workshops that's able to troubleshoot n repair/replace the ABS sensors besides C&C and CH motors? Tks.

Going back to agent is sure chop carrot head one.

Btw, if its really ABS sensor its very easy to replace and any WS can do it. You can even buy your own sensor from stockist and get WS to replace.

Neutral Newbie

Btw, if its really ABS sensor its very easy to replace and any WS can do it. You can even buy your own sensor from stockist and get WS to replace.

But d thing is that not many WS hv the equipment to diagnos which sensor is damaged. And all 4 wheels hv different sensors so u have to get the correct one

Neutral Newbie

Common problem as most brothers encounter here. Service required light comes and goes. Went to cc service yesterday. Got right side front replaced. Damage at $460+(inc GST). Very disappointed with the quality. Told the service supervisor can't swallow the cost if every year one side faulty need to repair. I think for this car, this is the most killing part.

Friend who drive other car Altis 8 years never encounter such problem.

My Colt's ABS warning light came up this morning when my batt died... it went off after batt was changed, for now that is, should I send it down to check? My servicing due in another 2 to 3 mths :mellow:

Neutral Newbie

Any recommendation of workshop that can handle Mit. ABS issue? What's the price range? Thanks in advance.

Read somewhere in lancermotoringclub forum that there is one WS in Ubi that can do it. If not wrong is CH Motor .. cost is ard $300 plus inclusive labour. Maybe you can check it out from that forum.

ABS Sensor - the unit that counts the wheel turning via a tooth crown wheel - is an expensive item due to its very precision counting and also require the use of special designed reamers to clean up the housing bore hole before replacing a new unit. The reaming process is very necessary to get rid of rusts and dirts and also to ensure the new unit seats perfectly without any side movements.

post-272-1324958632_thumb.jpg

post-272-1324958652_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh
↡ Advertisement