my cash card reader drop off

cannot stick back

try using those 3m heavy duty double side tap which i brought from supermarket

all cannot

cash card reader keep dropping off

i brought 3 different kind of double side tape already

its written there heavy duty

but nxt day go car see drop again

so any bros got any recommendation what brand of tapes or where to buy?

thanks in advance! :D

↡ Advertisement

Hey man, i know your frustration trust me.

To my knowledge theres no way to use the 3m tape to stick the IU back, it drops within a week even with proper adhesive.

Only way is to head down to vicom or STA which opens to 9 and pick up the ERP tape.

You can also get it from autobacs at a reasonably higher price if its more convenient for you, but they may be out of stock.

Just buy the cheap super glue. One drop between the tape and solar film.

Settle it. But I did not dare to try.

Or do what I do, put a cute soft toy under the IU, ram it tight to hold the IU upwards! So far so good!

Neutral Newbie

I had the same problem. Fixed with 3m clear double sided tape specifically for glass. The bros are right, slightly green tinge to the tape.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hey man, i know your frustration trust me.

To my knowledge theres no way to use the 3m tape to stick the IU back, it drops within a week even with proper adhesive.

Only way is to head down to vicom or STA which opens to 9 and pick up the ERP tape.

You can also get it from autobacs at a reasonably higher price if its more convenient for you, but they may be out of stock.

hi

does vicom charge u for the tape? can get it from the inspection centre at kaki bukit?

autobacs near to my place might drop buy to take a look... but isnt good enough to stick again?

thanks alot! :D

Edited by Yagami85

Neutral Newbie

i got 1 extra sticky 3M green color type....u use force also cannot take out......bought at stationary shop for $7.90

i use already...not only the green type, red type and blue type also.. haha.. but still thanks for the advise! [:)]

hi

does vicom charge u for the tape? can get it from the inspection centre at kaki bukit?

autobacs near to my place might drop buy to take a look... but isnt good enough to stick again?

thanks alot! :D

hey dude,

the tape is a few dollars for a pair, one side is plain but the other has E|R|P written in a square box.

you should be able to get it from the kaki bukit inspection centre, park your car and walk to the lane for I/U inspection, then going to the office.

to my knowledge the 3m acrylic tape for glass doesnt work on the I/U unit, at least for me.

worked great to fix a smarTAG though...

Rgds.

For me the 3M transparent double sided tape is good. make sure you CLEAN THE IU AND YOUR WINDSCREEN FIRST. else whatever tape u use it will drop. clean with some solvent. acetone perhaps? but be careful of the dashboard.

thank you so much bro! will take ur advise and go try get one tml morning! [:)][;)][:p][laugh]:D

no problem man, good luck and hope you get it resolved soon.

I know your head must be itching to get it fixed, its a nuisance.

My take on this is to make sure you stick it onto the flattest part of the windscreen you can find. a curved surface ony allows a portion of the tape to work

Neutral Newbie

I used normal sponge double sided tape & so far it sticks for many weeks...

Need to clean e area before sticking..

Brand is Scotch.

Edited by Qizhi
↡ Advertisement