Newborn found buried alive at Eunos

Altivo

[mad][mad]

WTF is this? Totally appalled. Thank goodness the baby was saved in the nick of time.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews...419-274562.html

A newborn baby was found buried alive yesterday afternoon, in a flower patch located at Eunos block 31A, reported the Shin Min Daily News.

A resident, Mr Tay, 60, was at the sixth floor sky garden at block 31A at around 2pm when he heard crying noises coming from the plot of plants and flowers behind him.

The retiree told a reporter from the Chinese daily that the cry sounded like it was made by a cat, and dismissed it at first.

However, he felt something was amiss when he did not see any animal in sight.

Mr Tay then used his hands to check if anything was hiding among the flowers, and was shocked to discover two tiny feet peeking out from beneath the soil.

"I asked my friend to come and take a look, I thought it was a doll at first," said Mr Tay.

Curious, Mr Tay then climbed over and into the flower patch.

He removed the soil covering and was alarmed to find the baby, who was still alive.

Mr Tay immediately pulled the baby out. Describing the baby as small and dark-skinned, Mr Tay said the baby was bare-bodied, except for a black 'rope' made of plastic wound tightly around his neck.

His umbilical cord was still attached.

Miraculously, the baby was still breathing, but was very weak.

"The baby's eyes were open, and his mouth and ears were filled with soil. He was crying non-stop, it was a pitiful sight," said Mr Tay, who immediately called the police.

Mr Tay estimates that the baby had been buried under about five centimetres of soil. He says the baby is lucky to survive, 'probably because of its strong will to live', said Mr Tay.

Mr Tay said police found a blood-soaked singlet 10 metres away, which is believed to be related to the case.

Droplets of blood were also found at the staircase landing near the site where the newborn was found.

↡ Advertisement

goodness!

what on earth is the mother thinking?

really.. are consequences of having their parents find out (i assume it's unwed/teenage mother) or anything that the heartless mom was thinking, more serious than KILLING A LIFE?!

unfortunately... even if the person is caught, he or she will be only charged with infanticide, not murder.

The Penal Code

Infanticide.

310. When any woman by any wilful act or omission causes the death of her child being a child under the age of 12 months, but at the time of the act or omission the balance of her mind was disturbed by reason of her not having fully recovered from the effect of giving birth to the child or by reason of the effect of lactation consequent upon the birth of the child, she shall notwithstanding that the circumstances were such that but for this section the offence would have amounted to murder, be guilty of the offence of infanticide.

Punishment for infanticide.

311. Whoever commits the offence of infanticide shall be punished at the discretion of the court with imprisonment for life, or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 10 years, and shall also be liable to fine.

The black rope around its neck - sounds like some black magic stuff...

i think the person tried to strangle the baby.. ie: kill him

unfortunately... even if the person is caught, he or she will be only charged with infanticide, not murder.

The Penal Code

Infanticide.

310. When any woman by any wilful act or omission causes the death of her child being a child under the age of 12 months, but at the time of the act or omission the balance of her mind was disturbed by reason of her not having fully recovered from the effect of giving birth to the child or by reason of the effect of lactation consequent upon the birth of the child, she shall notwithstanding that the circumstances were such that but for this section the offence would have amounted to murder, be guilty of the offence of infanticide.

311. Whoever commits the offence of infanticide shall be punished at the discretion of the court with imprisonment for life, or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 10 years, and shall also be liable to fine.

i doubt the mother will be imprison.

IMH for ding dong treatment..

The Penal Code

Infanticide.

Sorry but i find this law to be utterly fxcking stupid.

That's just me.

Sorry but i find this law to be utterly fxcking stupid.

That's just me.

not just you. Me too!!!!

Dark Skinned ?

Poor family planning again. Anything new ?

You beat me to it!!! These are the nature of these group of people...

Turbocharged

this is nothing to do with family planning. this case, the mother i suspect don even hv a family. confirm teenager. but this baby sure has a strong will to live.

Neutral Newbie

i doubt the mother will be imprison.

IMH for ding dong treatment..

Don't just blame the baby's mother only,

Should blame and punished the baby's father too.

Edited by Bandotcom