God21

Neutral Newbie

where do the $$ come from??

thin air ??

he is irresponsible to make such comment

who is going to bear the cost ??

Mr Ma never tell his boss meh

↡ Advertisement

obviously from u and me, regardless if we take public transport.

where got irresponsible? he is warning u and me to be prepare to "contribute" more...

thin air ??

1 year $6b, that's alot.

Thats a very open comments, but at least there seems to be effort.

A lot of questions guess people will ponder, like for instance:

1) So will it affect Public Transport fee? By how much

2) What exactly will be improved? Quality, waiting time, more stations. Better facility, security. What?

I think I remember Some Ministers saying, although the Fare increase, the service will also improve. I think they said the same thing about Taxi fare increase as well.

Its like saying, stadium ticket fare increase, but the players will perform better....

Edited by Kiadaw

Almost all government in the world subsidize public transport for its people. You will probably agree with me if you had travel on the MRT in Beijing, Shanghai, and Taipei. Even the KTM (Malayan Railway) gives discount for its commuters who are 60 years old and above regardless of their nationality on inter city travel. Here the SBS, SMRT give concession to the senior citizen that comes with conditions that if the senior travel before 9.am, he/she does not get to enjoy the concession. I believe there are a lot of senior citizen required to travel b4 9am, simply b'cos they need to go to work before 9. Our Govt keeps telling people that each time if there is a fare increase, these transport operators need to seek approval, but you tell me when did Govt ever turn down their applications?

Almost all government in the world subsidize public transport for its people. You will probably agree with me if you had travel on the MRT in Beijing, Shanghai, and Taipei. Even the KTM (Malayan Railway) gives discount for its commuters who are 60 years old and above regardless of their nationality on inter city travel. Here the SBS, SMRT give concession to the senior citizen that comes with conditions that if the senior travel before 9.am, he/she does not get to enjoy the concession. I believe there are a lot of senior citizen required to travel b4 9am, simply b'cos they need to go to work before 9. Our Govt keeps telling people that each time if there is a fare increase, these transport operators need to seek approval, but you tell me when did Govt ever turn down their applications?

I thought Ah Long said long time ago that Public Transport cannot be subsidize as its privatize, & listed, & have to answer to its shareholders. IIRC

Yeah, its for the railways...

Public money for "private company" which is of course considered a national pride if there are good news...

Unless of course someone breaks in, then it is considered a private company which has nothing to do with the government...

And of course it can't be subsidized since it is a public company...

Since we are a city... or a state... or a country... wait...

Must be getting old.

Time to buy SMRT.

thin air ??

$$ may come from erp, road tax, traffic fines etc. in short, $$ is always enough

↡ Advertisement