Vet acquitted of molest but victim gets $15,000

Ahtong

I catch no ball. How come the vet is acquitted but still need to compensate the victim? [confused] So did he or did he not? Is this a shakedown?

A FORMER senior veterinarian with the Singapore Zoo was acquitted of four molestation charges on Friday after compounding the matter.

Dr Oh Soon Hock, 52, was granted a discharge amounting to an acquittal, for molesting a 21-year-old woman four times at the Mandai Lake Road premises between January and March 2009.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Agnes Chan said the prosecution had no objections for the charges to be compounded for a global sum of $15,000.

The woman, who has received the amount, was in court and seen wiping her tears.

Trained in Taiwan in veterinary science, Dr Oh was is known for using Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) to treat animals. Lawyer Shashi Nathan told reporters that his client was very relieved that the matter had been resolved privately between the parties.

The maximum penalty for outrage of modesty is a jail term of up to two years, a fine or caning or any combination of such punishments.

↡ Advertisement

I catch no ball. How come the vet is acquitted but still need to compensate the victim? [confused] So did he or did he not? Is this a shakedown?

A FORMER senior veterinarian with the Singapore Zoo was acquitted of four molestation charges on Friday after compounding the matter.

Dr Oh Soon Hock, 52, was granted a discharge amounting to an acquittal, for molesting a 21-year-old woman four times at the Mandai Lake Road premises between January and March 2009.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Agnes Chan said the prosecution had no objections for the charges to be compounded for a global sum of $15,000.

Trained in Taiwan in veterinary science, Dr Oh was is known for using Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) to treat animals. Lawyer Shashi Nathan told reporters that his client was very relieved that the matter had been resolved privately between the parties.

The maximum penalty for outrage of modesty is a jail term of up to two years, a fine or caning or any combination of such punishments.

So back to the question of did he or did he not?

Since the guy's identity has been splashed all over the papers even before the case was decided, might as well fight as the way to clear his name if money is not an issue? [confused]

Compounded charges, means next time will take into account.

knn 15K to touch woman's body. I rather go LSB better. Stupid elite with no brains.

he a vet la bro..

maybe his eyes blur....thought she was animal. [:p]

he a vet la bro..

wonder if late ah meng, others like polar bear, python, rhino, croc, etc were all his victims?? ........ :D

I think it's the word compounded, i.e pay some form of monetary compensation and the prosecutor will not charge or drop the case. Machiam like you pay traffic fine to compound your offence, so the TP will not bring you to court. It's neither proven in the court of law that you're are guilty, since no judges gets to hear the case. Save courts money and time.

So now I know molestation can be compounded. Like that I think can be consider non-felony.. Wonder what other offence also can be compounded?

Edited by Ender

he a vet la bro..

So he shove his whole arm inside her ah? Thinking he was "treating" a pregnant cow.

Does that mean she looks like a cow? OMG [shocked] $15K to "touch" a cow. Go Geylang can do more for less. [lipsrsealed]

I think he learned his lesson. Can see but no touch. [:|]

wonder if late ah meng, others like polar bear, python, rhino, croc, etc were all his victims?? ........ :D

So he became a vet so he can do it with animals. Beastality. [shocked]