Looking for Kaki to drive up to Camerons 16thApril

Zanter

Anyone keen to join me? Drive up Camerons Sat morning 5am, staying Sat & Sun,visiting tea planations & hiking + SUnday food market then staying in KL on Mon to shop & eat seafood and back to SG on Tues but you can come back early depending on your scedule. Fines on your own but will try to evade speed traps [laugh].

Know short notice but can find hotel at latestays.com [wave]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Anyone keen to join me? Drive up Camerons Sat morning 5am, staying Sat & Sun,visiting tea planations & hiking + SUnday food market then staying in KL on Mon to shop & eat seafood and back to SG on Tues but you can come back early depending on your scedule. Fines on your own but will try to evade speed traps [laugh].

cool might be interested, let me doing some leave clearing. pls pm me. thx.

I am going on 21st. Day b4 good friday. Unless you intend to re-schedule. Anyway, just up for a day and next day to penang. [wave]

I am going on 21st. Day b4 good friday. Unless you intend to re-schedule. Anyway, just up for a day and next day to penang. [wave]

Good friday crowd is what I wanna avoid. Oh have a nice trip to Penang!

I will use this road.

From the north via Simpang Pulai / Ipoh

Now that the road from Simpang Pulai is open, more people are using this route to get to the highlands. The road condition is much better here than the Tapah route and it only takes about 45 minutes to get to Kampung Raja from Simpang Pulai.

Take Exit 137 (Simpang Pulai) and turn right at the traffic light right after the toll booth. Turn right again at the next traffic light about 200 metres away. You are now on the way to Cameron Highlands.

After about 1 hour, you will reach the Kampung Raja junction where you will have to turn right from the new road into Kampung Raja town. You're now in Cameron Highlands and you can just follow the main road to your destination. Brinchang & Tanah Rata is about 25-30kms from here.

I will use this road.

Now that the road from Simpang Pulai is open, more people are using this route to get to the highlands. The road condition is much better here than the Tapah route and it only takes about 45 minutes to get to Kampung Raja from Simpang Pulai.

Take Exit 137 (Simpang Pulai) and turn right at the traffic light right after the toll booth. Turn right again at the next traffic light about 200 metres away. You are now on the way to Cameron Highlands.

After about 1 hour, you will reach the Kampung Raja junction where you will have to turn right from the new road into Kampung Raja town. You're now in Cameron Highlands and you can just follow the main road to your destination. Brinchang & Tanah Rata is about 25-30kms from here.

Depends. If it happen to be a long weekend, be prepared to get jammed. A friend was stuck in a stationery jam on a Fri morning (holiday) for about four hours from Kg Raja to Brinchang! Why, because the holiday makers from the east coast using the Gua Musang highway, plus the haphazard parking along the narrow two way road near to attractions. So, you should be better off using the old Tapah.

wat car r u driving there? just curious...

Neutral Newbie

im IN. any guys joining for short getaway would be cool to tag along. im not shying away from this break although wif my picanto.

Edited by Zichuan

wat car r u driving there? just curious...

Havent decided ..eirther the comfi car or the fast car [sly]. Maybe use the comfi car so arrive fresher?

Good friday crowd is what I wanna avoid. Oh have a nice trip to Penang!

My target is Penang. Cameron is just to break the journey, thats why I go up Thursday and come down Friday.

I will use this road.

I'll go up from Tapah and come down by Simpang Pulai (nearer to Penang anyway)

There is a very nice restaurant at Tapah. After exiting the highway, on the T-Junction (left to CH, right to Tapah town), turn right and proceed about 100-200mtrs, on the opposite side is a row of shophouses. The corner coffeeshop. Try the fish soup smthg. Complete lunch for 4 person less than RM50. [thumbsup]

I'll go up from Tapah and come down by Simpang Pulai (nearer to Penang anyway)

There is a very nice restaurant at Tapah. After exiting the highway, on the T-Junction (left to CH, right to Tapah town), turn right and proceed about 100-200mtrs, on the opposite side is a row of shophouses. The corner coffeeshop. Try the fish soup smthg. Complete lunch for 4 person less than RM50. [thumbsup]

I guess it makes sense for you t go that way but I heard the Tapah Road is not well maintained eg potholes & fallen trees etc..Maybe improved now?

I guess it makes sense for you t go that way but I heard the Tapah Road is not well maintained eg potholes & fallen trees etc..Maybe improved now?

Nothing too bad that a regular car cannot handle. Maybe some potholes but you will be going too slowly to let it bother you. Fallen trees? Not that I've seen any in my last few trips. Maybe abit of soil erosion during the year end monsoon but if the weather is good, generally no major problem. Still alot of vehicles using this route. I prefer this to the Simpang Pulai road as it is more scenic and relaxing (not to mention the waterfall).

Edited by Bavarian

My target is Penang. Cameron is just to break the journey, thats why I go up Thursday and come down Friday.

Why not drive direct to Penang since that is your target. Estimated total hrs based on speed limits about 9-10 hrs, with 3-4 breaks.

Why not drive direct to Penang since that is your target. Estimated total hrs based on speed limits about 9-10 hrs, with 3-4 breaks.

I've got to reach Penang by 12 or 1pm on Friday. So I start off on Thursday instead and break at Cameron. Also, I like Cameron so will not pass up a chance to go if I have the opportunity. ^_^

Where U normally put up in CH ?

Which hotel or Motel is among the best and cheapest ?

There is the best and there is the cheapest but they are mutually exclusive ^_^ . I stayed at Equatorial 1st day. The room was newly renovated but faced the swimming pool & the sound of noisy kids will reverberate thru your stay unless you get the opposite facing. The facillities are run down a bit. However its the tallest hotel there & there is nice view esp in the morning & its cooler a little. Priced around RM$200++

2nd day I stayed at the Lakehouse honeymoon suite. It has a bathroom as big as a normal hotel room, fireplace, LCD TV, coach, fruits, rose scented fragrance, dinning area, situated in a separate building with lovely view of the Lake and own parking etc. Service is impeccable. Cost RM1200++ per night. The smokehouse was the sister hotel but havent been there. Also well regarded is the Strawberry Resort around RM$400++

The in between would be the Heritage around 200+, the De Fern around 300.

↡ Advertisement