New Vw jetta!

Lalaisgongon

personally.... just imo...

Jetta 124k vs k5 124k i'll go for K5.

power wise, jetta is indeed more shiok of coz.

↡ Advertisement

What ever you say I will follow my dear..... [:p]

I mean your Avatar [laugh]

I like classic car, so Jetta is one of my take as good car........but not the price. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

COE breaking new high every month, correction seem distance. Anyway, if coe will to go down all those buying new high will loose a bomb selling their ride. I almost sold my stream 2006 at 55k, bought at 69k thanks to current coe , and thanks to those chasing the high COE. If you look at 2nd hand market , almost all car sell much higher prorate compare to purchase price.

The NEW jetta , interior top-notch engine TSI turbo supercharge with 7DSG outclass 3series C class, exterior a bit of let down, could be better. Was offer 123k for TSI 1.4 sport, but COE is way too high for me. Give it a pass.

Anyway,most cars now are not made in their country of origin,Toyota & Honda mostly made in Thailand,i heard the Peu 508 is made in China....

508 is made in the PSA Rennes plant in france, all peugeot in SG are make in france

this plant also produces C5, 407 and all large platform 3 cars in PSA Group

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSA_Rennes_Plant

dont know anything dont talk rubbish

All Jags are make in U.K. [:)] They have no factory outside of United Kingdom. In fact they have only one factory near Birmingham.

Turbocharged

if I45 then i take i45 [laugh]

508 is made in the PSA Rennes plant in france, all peugeot in SG are make in france

this plant also produces C5, 407 and all large platform 3 cars in PSA Group

The 107 is NOT made in France.

Turbocharged

The Jetta's annual depreciation of almost $10K is on the high side.

Such depreciation can get you a used Lexus ES300 or Ford Mondeo etc.

Turbocharged

Such depreciation can get you a used Passat, Lexus ES300 or Ford Mondeo etc.

bro, i think different league of cars. Jetta is meant to fight altis, elantra, civic, lancer etc.

Optima K5 is meant to fight teana, accord, mazda6, camry in the first place.. for this, VW has its passat but too expensive already in my opinion.

in the mid size car segment, i like both the K5 and i45 only.

in the compact size car segment, the comfort trim for Jetta is the best buy at the moment, followed by Elantra. but people will always say, pay abit more get more tech and badge from VW.

well apparently at least 60 buyers have put their moneys on the car. the sports sells at 128.8k, i shudder at the 11k depn for a jetta. [laugh]

at 11k/yr, there are many 2nd hand Real Luxury German Cars to choose from....

Hah, :o Than why never pass the saving to the consumer and sell it cheaper.

VW forget that their philosophy is to make " people's car"

Just like Chevrolet, the original idea was to make value for money car.

Once again consumer gan a [knife]

Volkswagen is making "People's Car".......... it's in Singapore that they managed to sell it as a premium....

Kudos to VW SG marketing for being able to sell a B&B car as a premium car...

VW is the toyota of Germany, or if you like, toyota is the VW of Japan... ie good quality but still B&B cars....

previous local VW agent tried to price the cars upmarket when they are clearly not, therefore buyers didnt bite and not many were sold.

Current direct manufacturere cum local agent price the cars about right, therefore buyers see value4money in the cars.

[:)]

we got to hand it to VW SG, we now have locals who are comparing VW to other premium german marques...

u can even get a slightly older 3-Series, 5-Series...

(edited)

Don't compare new cars VS a used buy. No basis for comparison. Learnt my lesson.

That said, yeah, I'll agree that cruise control will come in useful for the stupid KPE's speed limit of 70kph. Set already, don't have to keep on looking at the speedo for fear of exceeding the speed limit.

My uncle just came back from Germany. He did remarked that the E-Class there is taxi. Not many BMW and MErcedes seen as a private car. Audi and VW are huge-sellers there.

So I guess BMW and MErcedes are really for the US and Asia markets. People in Europe want cheap and good stuff.

Sure, Jetta should be comparing with the Elantra, Altis, Civic, etc. But what I'm concern is that what if the next gen continues to grow in size? Perhaps breaching the 4.7 or even the 4.8m mark. Will it then still be competing with a much smaller sized Elantra, Altis and Civic? There'll probably be another class of cars then- Sandwiched Class =)

For now, I'd say, the direct competitor to the JEtta would be the Renault Fluence. Both European cars, both similar sized.

Edited by Proton_neutron

(edited)

If you are not myopic, you wil be able to see that even basic b&b cars like latio and altis are already in the 9k anmual depreciation territory. [rolleyes]

Then nobody should get those entry level cars new now, all should flock to get 2nd hand luxury cars.

I was informed that to date already got 2xx buyers booked the new jetta. Definitely another bestseller from vw again.

Edited by Best_ctzn

If you are not myopic, you wil be able to see that even basic b&b cars like latio and altis are already in the 9k anmual depreciation territory. [rolleyes]

Then nobody should get those entry level cars new now, all should flock to get 2nd hand luxury cars.

↡ Advertisement