Malaysian chinese accent

Carer

If we know who is 令狐冲, 张无忌, 段誉, 乔峰, our chinese language is consider quite good already.

No count if you know them from TV..

Is the current generation still reads book by JinYong?

I also know 唐寅,陶潜,苏轼

Took chinese literature in sec sch and JC. did some cross fac in NUS also :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

u can compare the chinese text book in malaysia and singapore. you will realise the standard i am toking about. the primary standard of malaysia chinese is equivalent to secondary standard of singapore. same to english....singapore has higher standard. tats y most tuition now in malaysia using singapore text box ( english). my wife and mom are teachers so i know....

for chinese language standard...u can refer to " da4 zhuan1 debate team" in malaysia... the team only consist of malaysian....and we are the champion for so many season.....

as for the accent you guys toking about....is purely culture...all malaysian know that those words are purely for toking rubbish but not in hand written....

• Praise 1

If we know who is 令狐冲, 张无忌, 段誉, 乔峰, our chinese language is consider quite good already.

No count if you know them from TV..

Is the current generation still reads book by JinYong?

hehe i only read 射鵰英雄轉, but i read 三國演義 too

• Praise 1

hehe singaporean english always uses "your one, my one" this will leave the englishman wondering what we mean

we got like that say meh? where got? [laugh]

• Praise 1

I got car...

Even Primary school teacher told us during P1 orientation...

"Our computer lab got xxx..."

We were like.. huh?

hehe the worse phrase has to be "are you finished", "i finished"

the englishman will wonder why we are always talking about gone case "finished"

more appropriately should be "have you done", "i completed"

hehe i only read 射鵰英雄轉, but i read 三國演義 too

this 2 nothing compare to red dream chamber.

go read confirm you sleep 1/2 way into the books. cause 2/3 of the books talking about stone and cloth [sweatdrop]

this 2 nothing compare to red dream chamber.

go read confirm you sleep 1/2 way into the books. cause 2/3 of the books talking about stone and cloth [sweatdrop]

haha yeah i hate romantic stories...

even Jin yong's novels i feel have too much romantic portions in it.

If one is proficient in Chinese, one should not have a terrible "accent"............. I am from qiong2 yao2 days, so I expect spoken Mandarin to match written Chinese............ :) May be I am outdated.

U r outdated. Does every1 speaks Chinese must have Beijingnese twing? Hong Konger speaks Chinese with Cantonese twing. Southern Taiwanese speaks Chinese with Hokkien twing.

On the other hand, Singaporean speaks English with Singlish. Are we suppose to talk in Queen English since we were part of English Colony?

Interesting enough, if one hear a chinese guy speaking mandarin with a twist, you immediately know that he is from Malaysian with a slight slant, a distinction of who is who neighbor, regardless of who and where they comes from, we are happy to hear the different accent, coz we are brothers and sisters from fatherland up north.

It does not matters whose mandarin language is better or the state commands has higher grading system. Malaysian chinese has s tinge of " Cantonese connotation " as compared to Singlish " Hokkien " overpowering stance.

I can distinguished both coz I can sense the uniqueness & moderately understood language - :)

but strangely enuf.....i have been in singapore for more than 10 years....my chinese will switch automatically to singaporean way whenever i speak to a singaporean...when my wife call me over the fon...i will switch back to my malaysian accent...haha ....this is a skill oki.....:)

haha yeah i hate romantic stories...

even Jin yong's novels i feel have too much romantic portions in it.

those who finish reading the red chamber one tell me, that is real literature and a good novel.

but hor, i cannot tahan reading only about rocks and cloth for 1/2 a novel [laugh][laugh]

another thing, go read the wandering swordsman. IMHO, its the best by Jing Yong.

currently i am reading Gu Long books on Iphone.

Edited by Joseph22

but strangely enuf.....i have been in singapore for more than 10 years....my chinese will switch automatically to singaporean way whenever i speak to a singaporean...when my wife call me over the fon...i will switch back to my malaysian accent...haha ....this is a skill oki.....:)

haha normal la...

when i speak to my american or british colleagues, i will also change the way i speak so as to make it easier for them to understand.

those who finish reading the red chamber one tell me, that is real literature and a good novel.

but hor, i cannot tahan reading only about rocks and cloth for 1/2 a novel [laugh][laugh]

another thing, go read the wandering swordsman. IMHO, its the best by Jing Yong.

currently i am reading Gu Long books on Iphone.

I did. Was compulsory reading for higher chinese in JC.

there were also one or two suggestive parts -- one was a wet dream (I think) and the other… i can't really rem

Written by Cao xueqin, also known as shi tou ji (tale of a rock) as the beginning part starts with some engravings on a stone that rhymes with the surname of the jia family.

I can't rem if it is this one or the water margin, but some say the first 80 chapters were written by cao, and the remaining 40 by gao-e, due to the difference in writing style.

Edited by Yattokame

I did. Was compulsory reading for higher chinese in JC.

there were also one or two suggestive parts -- one was a wet dream (I think) and the other

wah.. admire you. i reading this for personal enjoyment. cannot find my self to read finish this book :blink:

water margin and 3 kingdom similar, story near the end a bit boring.

I have a copy of 金瓶梅 at home. 1 2 borrow?

↡ Advertisement