Malaysian chinese accent

Carer

i came across those propaganda clips from china and n.korea last time,they have the same type of accent,even though i don't know what the hell they are talking about but they sure sounds like they are ready for war.

[bounce1]

wah say! Vid's post already 5 years old and you still wanna make a dig at it ?

You seem, some pple forget (or perhaps ignorant) that China is a vast country and there are hundreds or dialects and countless local variants, so if you cannot even tell the difference between spoken Korean or Chinese , then how can you even understand average common spoken Mandarin in Singapore ?

↡ Advertisement

wah say! Vid's post already 5 years old and you still wanna make a dig at it ?

You seem, some pple forget (or perhaps ignorant) that China is a vast country and there are hundreds or dialects and countless local variants, so if you cannot even tell the difference between spoken Korean or Chinese , then how can you even understand average common spoken Mandarin in Singapore ?

my bad,i didn't realized the post was made back 2011.but i do understand other language like hokkien and malay as well.

thanks to SAF! :a-good:

Malaysian mandarin has the hakka twang. Very hard to describe but if you're a khek, you'll know what I mean biggrin.gif

I know this is a discussion nong nong time ago....but I just wanted to share that I heard the same explanation of how this Malaysian Chinese slang arises - that it is hakka accent related.  the source I heard even says that it came about because in the early days, most of the Chinese language teachers in Malaysia are of hakka descent.  I guess only the senior Malaysia-born citizens can confirm.

I feel more like Cantonese based.

Is rojak combination, is the environment that make them speak that way. Try living in China for 6 months and you will speak like ah tiong [laugh]

Is rojak combination, is the environment that make them speak that way. Try living in China for 6 months and you will speak like ah tiong [laugh]

speak to me now...................and you also think I am ah tiong................ [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

True enough. I hanged around with MYsian for 2 years and my accent became 几够力一下. This is what people around me said so....diao

• Praise 1

True enough. I hanged around with MYsian for 2 years and my accent became 几够力一下. This is what people around me said so....diao

haha yeah this phrase is the typical one coming from Malaysian chinese

haha yeah I always cringe when I see singaporeans speaking in their mishmash of languages even when appearing on tv news segment of interview.

haha yeah I always cringe when I see singaporeans speaking in their mishmash of languages even when appearing on tv news segment of interview.

Esp when watching Frontline. They like to interview ppl at Bishan bus interchange to J8 there. Sure to spot english words in the interview.

Esp when watching Frontline. They like to interview ppl at Bishan bus interchange to J8 there. Sure to spot english words in the interview.

I make it a point to speak a full sentence in one language.  I think it pertinent to do the language and myself a favour haha.....I find hilarious when people speak with mix languages in one sentence much like myself when speaking Cantonese haha.  because I also know I got limited vocab in Cantonese.

I make it a point to speak a full sentence in one language. I think it pertinent to do the language and myself a favour haha.....I find hilarious when people speak with mix languages in one sentence much like myself when speaking Cantonese haha. because I also know I got limited vocab in Cantonese.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fQkI-M6OyJM

So easy. Watch this tube in no time your Cantonese vocabulary will A grade.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1