3rd Party Insurer only pay 50% of claim?

Chooz

Neutral Newbie

I have a question here seeking the experience fellow forumers here:

A car collided into my car. I claimed from my insurance first before my workshop helped me to claim my Excess and Lost of Use from the other insurance company. After half a year. I was inform by my insurance company that the other party's insurer had fully (100%) re-imbursed my insurance company.

Later my workshop informed me that the 3rd party insurance company is only willing to pay me 50% of the total Excess plus Lost of Use claim.

Is that normal practice of the insurance company? Or is the workshop trying to take 50% of my claim?

Please advise. Many thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

you should have receive letter informing you how much you are being re-imburse.

try to check with your insurance company directly.

Neutral Newbie

I have checked with my own insurance company. They said the 3rd party insurer had fully re-imbursed them and my insurance premium will not be affected. The amount is for the repair of the car.

However, my insurer said my claim of the Excess and Lost of Use is my own business with the 3rd party insurer, and my insurer will not interfere.

Now the 3rd party insurer only want to pay back 50% of my total Excess plus Lost of Use. Why?

Neutral Newbie

My total Excess plus loss of use is less than S$1000. If I get a legal letter, it will cost about the same amount. Where got worth it?

Do I really have to bite the bullet and just get S$500 from the 3rd party insurer? What is a better solution?

They already admitted full liability by paying 100%.

Send lawyer letter and the lawyer bill to them. Hint at other attached charges for the inconvenience.

Neutral Newbie

Lawyer letter only $50 to $100? Any good lawyer to recommend?

Many Thanks!

↡ Advertisement