What can increase acceleration?

Redcafe10

Don't over react... so seriously, my Picanto 1.1 liter can have an increment of 100bhp based on what you said? Wow...

I'm comparing turbo and NA because most of the time it's true. Turbo > NA unless you are referring to specific cars like s2000 or lotus Elise.

And your last argument is flawed... I think a stock GTI with 200bhp can slaughter a stock Toyota86 with same 200bhp as well. Why? Bhp is not the only thing that affects acceleration. Just like a Picanto can be faster than a Bus even though the bus has higher bhp or engine cc.

So, I have compared 2 cars with same bhp and engine cc already. Am I right to say that no point getting an NA car and get it all modified but a turbo charged car will suffice? Oh, let's stick to LTA legal mods here just in case someone gets the idea of putting in a turbo in an NA car.

So if you have an NA car, go suck thumb. Driving an s2000 or lotus, maybe still got chance against a turbo car.

wait wait. who modifies a picanto? lets be realistic here, a normal 2.0 integra can get additional 100 hp from the mods i mentioned. nobody knows about a picanto cos it prolly cant even last 10years? more so if you're the kind that tries to drive 'fast' in it.

as for the 2 cars, go read up abit on the electronics before you get so worked up over what i said. obviously we're talking about ceteris paribus.

and why you asking me to suck thumb? you still living in your ns world ah? and if you actually do drive a picanto, which i doubt you do since its too crappy. but if you really do, which part of the picanto is enough to make me suck thumb? other than the fact that it has higher running costs in the form of repairs which shows you're more well to do than me.

i'm sorry if i offended you in my previous quote but seriously, i was just giving my 2 cents worth. why so angry? take a chill pill dude. i'm not here to fight over such stuff lah srsly.

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

Neutral Newbie

wait wait. who modifies a picanto? lets be realistic here, a normal 2.0 integra can get additional 100 hp from the mods i mentioned. nobody knows about a picanto cos it prolly cant even last 10years? more so if you're the kind that tries to drive 'fast' in it.

as for the 2 cars, go read up abit on the electronics before you get so worked up over what i said. obviously we're talking about ceteris paribus.

and why you asking me to suck thumb? you still living in your ns world ah? and if you actually do drive a picanto, which i doubt you do since its too crappy. but if you really do, which part of the picanto is enough to make me suck thumb? other than the fact that it has higher running costs in the form of repairs which shows you're more well to do than me.

i'm sorry if i offended you in my previous quote but seriously, i was just giving my 2 cents worth. why so angry? take a chill pill dude. i'm not here to fight over such stuff lah srsly.

Not angry. Why would I be so?

Anyway, why would anyone want to modify an integra unless it's type R? It's really a waste of money. Car lover AH? Sure, if you want to modify an integra, can't say it's wrong to modify a Picanto. But if you want brute acceleration, most NA cars can really suck thumb. Admit it.

Finally, no offense to you to bro, but can see it was already made. I'm stating my experience as an 37 year old, NOT NS, and after owning several cars.

Tell me honestly, sticking to this topic's main requirement... For brute acceleration, which do YOU prefer?

1. Legal mod Honda civic 2.0 vs stock Honda type R?

2. Legal mod Honda integra 2.0 vs integra type R?

3. Legal mod golf MK5 vs golf gti? (Both 2l assuming if you can still find them)

Ever wonder why big companies like BMW and Mercedes have turbo variant to their normal sedan cars? Because for the same engine cc car, if I want acceleration, I'll go for turbo-charged ones then to mod my NA car and risk disagreement in the machine parts.

Edited by DJ4eva
  • Praise 1

the NA vs turbo argument will never end la.

the simplest way to determine the faster acceleration car will be Power/weight ratio. the end.

1. Every car reacts differently to mods.

2. If talk about modifications, the limits are endless.. maybe by the wallet.

3. Don't call other people's car as crappy. I say your car is worthless piece of junk because I have more expensive ones, nice or not?

Turbo or not, just enjoy, don't need to argue until the cow comes home or force your opinion on others.

That said, in Singapore context with traffic lights all over, for daily work car, I prefer a small engine with light pressure turbo or supercharger so I can get peak torque early on for brisk acceleration, not for racing. If I have a high capacity NA engine, it is not efficient, you don't get to use most of the BHP.. but you can with forced induced cars but it may mean shorter life span for the engine, turbochargers and what not, so there is a trade off. But some people don't care about efficiency when it comes to bigger NA engine.

For instance, my neighbour bought the 2.8L FSI Audi A7 last time and recently switched to FL A7 with 2.0L TFSI. He mentioned the 2.8L FSI considered no power for that car and FC was really bad. His current 2.0L TFSI is much faster with better FC.

At the end of the day, you can have fun with both cars, whether NA or forced induced. It's just a preference, usually shaped by your driving experiences.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

by chance,

i get to use a V6 na and recently, a turbo ride.. both manual.. so acceleration is never an issue for me..

V6 is nice. acceleration is acceptable and smooth..

parts are costly and typically, a drinker.

great for cruising.

while as, a turbo ride..

running on a TD05, high cam 272, adjustable cam pulley, sport clutch, proclaimed to be more than 350hp by previous owner..

i find it very undriveable...

either i don't know how to power this stallion or it's faulty..

however, the previous owner could drive as his wish and turbo kicks in pretty fast..

cool but i guess not for me, i'm going to re condition the whole engine, probably downgrade the cam and pulley, use back stock clutch..

afterall, i'm getting old :D

Neutral Newbie

For me 1 full tank (60l, ron98) can go ~450km.

I pump once every ~9 days.

Monthly about $300 thereabouts.

Genuinely curious. Those workshop maintenance aside, how much petrol do you spend a month and the total mileage per month approximately?

My GTI does about 2000km and 4 full tanks of ron98 (one full tank about 50l) in a month for about $400. Got psst here and there once awhile only,

Neutral Newbie

Well, I'm old and like to nag. Started posting in car forums as far as when COE costs few thousand dollars. Had my first Picanto and all the way to my current car. Been through the zng-stages and going for car gathering as far as I remember till my kid came. People posting in forums are still the same: quoting other people's post is a challenge of ideas and not necessarily putting ideas and making another accept it. Of course, just like eons ago, I recogise the usual "what the hell is he talking about? Probably another NS boy or someone who hasn't own a car blah blah blah"-talk. Sure, go assume. Ultimately, I'm posting to what this thread wants: how to increase acceleration of a car? You can go mod a lot, legally please, for fun or racing whatever... At the end of the day, most of us knows the truth: a turbo-charged car is still the way to go. Save up the money to mod NA cars and put it in a better car. Big companies will not spend so much money on understanding consumers' needs and then coming up with super cars or BMW M-classes, Mercedes AMGs, Audi S and RS variant cars for no reason. Please, do quote and correct me based on what this thread starter is asking.

For me 1 full tank (60l, ron98) can go ~450km.

I pump once every ~9 days.

Monthly about $300 thereabouts.

Wow, nice. Heard many of the opposites but glad to hear something finally positive. You are really the first. Not too many of who I know actually own rexes I guess.

NA can so easily increase 100bhp ah

My friend s2000 big bore , changed pistons. Think his s2k now 2.5-2.7L

Change every damn thing in the engine bay and exhaust.

Do you know how much he spent?

Whereas a EVO or STI can hit 500-600bhp so easily and STILL street drivable/raceable.

Those 900-1000bhp rexes/evo not practical la.

Neutral Newbie

My car is only slightly modded, tune + upgraded fuel pump + full catback exhaust.

Making about 230hp at the wheels, so the fuel consumption is still ok.

My colleague's wrx is heavily modded with big turbo, only can travel 300+km for a full tank.

Wow, nice. Heard many of the opposites but glad to hear something finally positive. You are really the first. Not too many of who I know actually own rexes I guess.

My car is only slightly modded, tune + upgraded fuel pump + full catback exhaust.

Making about 230hp at the wheels, so the fuel consumption is still ok.

My colleague's wrx is heavily modded with big turbo, only can travel 300+km for a full tank.

You have the EJ20 or 25?

Auto?

I met a couple of guys who tuned theirs at a famous 'Happy Dyno' shop. Had stuff like sideplants and 400-500 hp quotes. After I sat on their way too loud rides, wasn't too impressed. Then gave them a ride and they were like, wtf your car so low hp can pull like that?

Edited by Ake109

Hi, I think there are many ways to improve car performances, I added a XL Fuel Master and it helps me to increase the combustion of the fuel and thus increasing performance and my per litre runs longer distance now. I have bought quite many to give out to family members and friends. I have some spare to let go and let me know if you are interested as I am selling below my cost just to clear the stuff from my store. I purchase it for $180 after foreign exchange & shipping from USD to SIn. Letting it go at $90 and I think I have about 20 units left. Whatsapp me at 97563849 if you are interested

I downloaded the technical spec from the website as follow

This product is made in USA and you can even buy directly from the manufacturer http://fuelmaster.com/order_form.htm

--------------------------------Product specs and features-----------------------------------

How does FuelMaster benefit you? Independent, U.S. EPA Accepted Lab tests for FuelMaster show an average of 11.6% better highway fuel economy. FuelMaster owners have reported and average savings of 8% - 18%. The environment is something we all want to take care of so isn't it nice to know you can do your part by lowering your vehicles emission pollution and save money at the same time using FuelMaster products??

-------------------------------Detailed Product Description: ----------------------------------

1.) FuelMaster is a fuel economizer and pollution reduction device which utilizes magnetic hydrodynamic technology to improve the combustion of hydrocarbon fuels. Mostly, engine combustion is incomplete due to the molecular clusters of hydrocarbon fuel. In normal cases, only about 70% of the total burnt fuel provides the real power, with 30% of the fuel wasted and carbonized.

2.) The FuelMaster is the solution to this problem. When the fuel is passed through the fuel saver, the hydrocarbon molecules are temporarily ionized and create positively aligned molecules. The ionized hydrocarbon fuel results in a complete combustion when in contact with the negative oxygen (air-fuel mixture in the engine).

3.) The growing population of motor vehicles contributes to air pollution worldwide. Our field trials clearly indicate that the FuelMaster can help in reducing a good percentage of toxic emissions.

4.) The installation of the XL FuelMaster is very easy. Simply surround the FuelMaster on to the fuel line, close to the engine fuel injector rail or carburetor, and secure it in place (at both ends) using the cable ties provided.

post-84560-0-11149400-1430450503_thumb.jpg

• Dislike 1

Hi, I think there are many ways to improve car performances, I added a XL Fuel Master and it helps me to increase the combustion of the fuel and thus increasing performance and my per litre runs longer distance now. I have bought quite many to give out to family members and friends. I have some spare to let go and let me know if you are interested as I am selling below my cost just to clear the stuff from my store. I purchase it for $180 after foreign exchange & shipping from USD to SIn. Letting it go at $90 and I think I have about 20 units left. Whatsapp me at 97563849 if you are interested

I downloaded the technical spec from the website as follow

This product is made in USA and you can even buy directly from the manufacturer http://fuelmaster.com/order_form.htm

--------------------------------Product specs and features-----------------------------------

How does FuelMaster benefit you? Independent, U.S. EPA Accepted Lab tests for FuelMaster show an average of 11.6% better highway fuel economy. FuelMaster owners have reported and average savings of 8% - 18%. The environment is something we all want to take care of so isn't it nice to know you can do your part by lowering your vehicles emission pollution and save money at the same time using FuelMaster products??

-------------------------------Detailed Product Description: ----------------------------------

1.) FuelMaster is a fuel economizer and pollution reduction device which utilizes magnetic hydrodynamic technology to improve the combustion of hydrocarbon fuels. Mostly, engine combustion is incomplete due to the molecular clusters of hydrocarbon fuel. In normal cases, only about 70% of the total burnt fuel provides the real power, with 30% of the fuel wasted and carbonized.

2.) The FuelMaster is the solution to this problem. When the fuel is passed through the fuel saver, the hydrocarbon molecules are temporarily ionized and create positively aligned molecules. The ionized hydrocarbon fuel results in a complete combustion when in contact with the negative oxygen (air-fuel mixture in the engine).

3.) The growing population of motor vehicles contributes to air pollution worldwide. Our field trials clearly indicate that the FuelMaster can help in reducing a good percentage of toxic emissions.

4.) The installation of the XL FuelMaster is very easy. Simply surround the FuelMaster on to the fuel line, close to the engine fuel injector rail or carburetor, and secure it in place (at both ends) using the cable ties provided.

:o

post-62943-0-87852100-1430925920.jpg

• Praise 5

(edited)

So Xl fuelmaster compatible with surbo or not? If put both will it destroy my gearbox? I scared too much power.

Edited by Ake109
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1