What can increase acceleration?

Redcafe10

No offense to NA supporters but TC, TC Diesel, TC Hybrid will be the engine of choice in the near future. In fact European brands have already replaced almost all their models to TC. If not because of 2009 Lehman Bro. crisis, most major jap brand would have developed their own TC engines rather than cutting cost by using the super old ivtec and vvti with 4/5 speed.

Beside Subaru, now slowly we're seeing some jap models with TC. With Nissan's Juke, Qhasqai, Sylphy SSS. Infiniti Q50. Lexus NX200t. Upcoming much anticipated "ah beng" sports car Honda Type R with TC engine. Even Kia, Hyundai and Chevrolet are coming out TC cars. People can argue about reliability but TC is so common now and after years of development that reliability issues should be of the past. Like it or not it will be that way.

Unless we're talking about Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin, Lamborgini etc. Their super high revving NA V8, V10 and V12 engines are to die for and the sound is just intoxicative, TC engines will never create those so called music. But then they are also incorporating TC in some of their model line-up (so sad).

It is already a known fact that normal NA engines are mostly inefficient and it takes so much mod to squeeze out a bit more power. So save up and change to a TC car. I recommend Nissan Sylphy SSS 1.6DIG-T with 188bhp, not bad. Or any conti brand TC cars.

• Praise 1

just went to my workshop just now he told me most important is to have cooler air enter engine. cos cold air more dense. so he intro me his new gadget he call it intake conditioner. he tell me will super cool my air intake make my car faster. now my car really can fly. he installed the daikin aircon converter in front of my intake. sibei solid that one. i drive until v happy. then i woke up and realised it was all a dream. sigh

Hi, I think there are many ways to improve car performances, I added a XL Fuel Master and it helps me to increase the combustion of the fuel and thus increasing performance and my per litre runs longer distance now. I have bought quite many to give out to family members and friends. I have some spare to let go and let me know if you are interested as I am selling below my cost just to clear the stuff from my store. I purchase it for $180 after foreign exchange & shipping from USD to SIn. Letting it go at $90 and I think I have about 20 units left. Whatsapp me at 97563849 if you are interested

I downloaded the technical spec from the website as follow

This product is made in USA and you can even buy directly from the manufacturer http://fuelmaster.com/order_form.htm

--------------------------------Product specs and features-----------------------------------

How does FuelMaster benefit you? Independent, U.S. EPA Accepted Lab tests for FuelMaster show an average of 11.6% better highway fuel economy. FuelMaster owners have reported and average savings of 8% - 18%. The environment is something we all want to take care of so isn't it nice to know you can do your part by lowering your vehicles emission pollution and save money at the same time using FuelMaster products??

-------------------------------Detailed Product Description: ----------------------------------

1.) FuelMaster is a fuel economizer and pollution reduction device which utilizes magnetic hydrodynamic technology to improve the combustion of hydrocarbon fuels. Mostly, engine combustion is incomplete due to the molecular clusters of hydrocarbon fuel. In normal cases, only about 70% of the total burnt fuel provides the real power, with 30% of the fuel wasted and carbonized.

2.) The FuelMaster is the solution to this problem. When the fuel is passed through the fuel saver, the hydrocarbon molecules are temporarily ionized and create positively aligned molecules. The ionized hydrocarbon fuel results in a complete combustion when in contact with the negative oxygen (air-fuel mixture in the engine).

3.) The growing population of motor vehicles contributes to air pollution worldwide. Our field trials clearly indicate that the FuelMaster can help in reducing a good percentage of toxic emissions.

4.) The installation of the XL FuelMaster is very easy. Simply surround the FuelMaster on to the fuel line, close to the engine fuel injector rail or carburetor, and secure it in place (at both ends) using the cable ties provided.

• Praise 1

higer torque for quicker acceleration, horse power is for cruising...it's a common mistake that many based on HP for faster acceleration....

True that well said

True that well said

Haiz, torque and hp have a direct linear relation. You cant have one without the other.

It is a fallacy to say either torque over horsepower for acceleration or vice versa.

BUT... with proper gearing, sufficient horsepower will always get you acceleration. But even 1000NM of torque will get you nowhere if you don't have the rpms.

e.g. have 2 theoretical engines. Hook both up to a 100% efficient CVT (for illustration only).

one generates 300 hp with low say 180NM torque (don't care what rpm, you have a 100% efficient CVT). Your 1000kg car will accelerate well.

2nd one generates 500 NM of torque but redlines at 2k rpm. It is going to accelerate slower than the 1st example.

Haiz, torque and hp have a direct linear relation. You cant have one without the other.

It is a fallacy to say either torque over horsepower for acceleration or vice versa.

BUT... with proper gearing, sufficient horsepower will always get you acceleration. But even 1000NM of torque will get you nowhere if you don't have the rpms.

e.g. have 2 theoretical engines. Hook both up to a 100% efficient CVT (for illustration only).

one generates 300 hp with low say 180NM torque (don't care what rpm, you have a 100% efficient CVT). Your 1000kg car will accelerate well.

2nd one generates 500 NM of torque but redlines at 2k rpm. It is going to accelerate slower than the 1st example.

Yeah thats another point, but as in for theoretical point.

If you compare a 1.6 ton, 200 hp 380nm tq vs 1.2 ton 220hp 200nm (Type R)

I believe the 1.6ton will be faster as Tq offsets the kerb weight

It's difficult to calculate this way.

Just buy a Lambo or Aston definitely faster.

Seriously, this is confusion by marketing at it's best.

It is not about the torque or power alone.

It is about how long you can make the power.

Marketing and all the layman will always tell you "wah, feel the pull of the torque".

This is plain bulls**t.

Go read some high school physics.

Don't believe me...then you go compare those cars that offer both diesel and petrol engine...

you need to basically to change 70% of your car parts to balance with your car performance(power).

my point of advise:

save your money from modification then buy a better car. if you dont listen , you will use alot of money to learn this sentance of wise words.

Quote the above because it is true........

With exhaust mods, ecu maps, engine management units, throttle adjusters, intake mods, spark plug change, cabling upgrade, battery optimizers, oil additives and dyno tuning, they add up to $6k+. All promises improvement of performance.

After modding? Wah, so excited! Bread and butter 1.5L car improves by 5-7hp.

Seems good? Then get smoked by a 2L Camry with air-con on.....

Then you ask yourself.... WTF.

• Praise 2

(edited)

With exhaust mods, ecu maps, engine management units, throttle adjusters, intake mods, spark plug change, cabling upgrade, battery optimizers, oil additives and dyno tuning, they add up to $6k+. All promises improvement of performance.

Yeah, have always maintained that for Singapore, buy an old WRX (preferably those COE type) and mod is the cheapest fastest most hp for dollar method.

Seriously, this is confusion by marketing at it's best.

It is not about the torque or power alone.

It is about how long you can make the power.

Marketing and all the layman will always tell you "wah, feel the pull of the torque".

This is plain bulls**t.

Go read some high school physics.

Don't believe me...then you go compare those cars that offer both diesel and petrol engine...

Yeah. Or rather, how long you can _apply_ the power. With a theoretical 100% CVT, even a 100hp car with 1 NM of torque will beat an 90hp car with 999 NM of torque.

Of course there is no theoretical 100% CVT but my point is as long as you can apply the power, higher hp will always beat higher torque for any purpose. Because the whole idea of high torque is to ... get high hp. All those who keep quoting 'torque accelerates' really don't seem to get this.

Edited by Ake109
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

After modified intake,7 bhp is at redline,but you torque is less...

After modified intake,7 bhp is at redline,but you torque is less...

Modified intake will shift the powerband into the higher rev due to higher airflow but tq will increase too

Twincharged

Modified intake will shift the powerband into the higher rev due to higher airflow but tq will increase too

But S'pore road need higher torque at lower revs,due to too heavy traffic & red lights.

• Praise 1

Camry can't really smoke also, only kenna smoke by many. [laugh]

friends ...  1.6 1.8 or 2.0 is not about horse power alone.

Important figure to take note is your torque.

When you want to accelerate faster than other cars.. you need big torque.

Small torque will be just small talk... no use.. 

No matter how you push or mod is the same,

Here is my car compare to an Altis 2016 model.

226 lb-ft @ 3600 rpm

128 @ 4400 

Its rediculous numbers ... 

I can get max torque of more than 200 at low 3600 rpm

while Altis need to accelerate until 4400 rpm and yet only gets 128 torque. Slightly more than half of what I got.

lets say we both accelerate as hard as we could, so our rev would wind up at about same speed. But at a low 3600 rpm I would had already pushed out 226 on the wheels while Altis is still puff towards 4400 rpm and still havent make out more than 100 torque during the rev climb towards max torque at 4400 rpm.

Gear after gear.. until we reach the speed limit of the road , say 60 km/h,, assuming nobody is going to break the speed limit legally speaking I maintained 60 and Altis maintain 60.. it would be several car lengths behind mine.

Not bragging.. but its really hard fact.

friends ...  1.6 1.8 or 2.0 is not about horse power alone.

Important figure to take note is your torque.

When you want to accelerate faster than other cars.. you need big torque.

Small torque will be just small talk... no use.. 

No matter how you push or mod is the same,

Here is my car compare to an Altis 2016 model.

226 lb-ft @ 3600 rpm

128 @ 4400 

Its rediculous numbers ... 

I can get max torque of more than 200 at low 3600 rpm

while Altis need to accelerate until 4400 rpm and yet only gets 128 torque. Slightly more than half of what I got.

lets say we both accelerate as hard as we could, so our rev would wind up at about same speed. But at a low 3600 rpm I would had already pushed out 226 on the wheels while Altis is still puff towards 4400 rpm and still havent make out more than 100 torque during the rev climb towards max torque at 4400 rpm.

Gear after gear.. until we reach the speed limit of the road , say 60 km/h,, assuming nobody is going to break the speed limit legally speaking I maintained 60 and Altis maintain 60.. it would be several car lengths behind mine.

Not bragging.. but its really hard fact.

mine is 333 Nm@ 2200rpm

↡ Advertisement