Forced to Retire without Benefits

Vid

Hypersonic

I have an uncle who worked in a company for over 40 years as a technician. Really loyal as it was his first and last job. He helped the company through thick and thin through two generation of bosses, father and son. This son is really ungrateful. Several months ago, he took away all this benefits. So from $2000+, he left with just about $1.2k. And now, he forced my uncle to retire and to leave the company without a single retirement benefits. Imagine working over 40 years without a cent at the end. F**king ungrateful. [mad]

What would you do if this happens to you?

↡ Advertisement

I have an uncle who worked in a company for over 40 years as a technician. Really loyal as it was his first and last job. He helped the company through thick and thin through two generation of bosses, father and son. This son is really ungrateful. Several months ago, he took away all this benefits. So from $2000+, he left with just about $1.2k. And now, he forced my uncle to retire and to leave the company without a single retirement benefits. Imagine working over 40 years without a cent at the end. F**king ungrateful. [mad]

did your uncle join ntuc union

if yes can approach them for help

if no can make a hoohaa in the papers

thats why i say

here there's no such thing as loyalty

loyalty does not pays

looking from the other side of things,

he may be also a hindrance to the Company's progress. Unless you know the inside out, better not jump to conclusion.

Old timer sometimes can be quite a ......... :wacko:

(edited)

thats why i say

loyalty does not pays

only naive people believe loyalty, as a employee, just do your part period.

Edited by Jp66

It depends on how charismatic the person you decide to follow is, people who do not believe in loyalty may yet to meet these people. Some leaders just have the ability to keep someone following him. IMHO, loyalty is very much needed in a SME.

Hypersonic

Judging from the responses here... seems like bros here do not mind if they just retired without getting even a least bit of appreciation <_<

(edited)

IS THERE SUCH A THING ?????

wat i know my previous co change fr full time to contract n pay cut ( think is 1/2 !!!! ) everything all gone [knife] n the worst is JOB same same or more no less n do u believe or not still got 3 months Probation even hv been worked for 30-40 years. ..... oso is union n G related co.

u r not the 2 Gens who after RT come out can joint the $M club %$#$$&^%^& [rifle][furious] the road is well plan for them...

so wat kind of package u want ???? oso we cant even get back our hard earn CPF.

Since the E is coming so why not we make a wishing list here see wat can the miw offer ..

I WANT MY CPF AFTER 55 !!!!

Edited by Nom107

It much depend on the bossess... Also need to look at the big picture of the company and its direction la...

Wells... Believe the bossess do appreciate those who went thru e hard times with them, building up the business. But hard to say for the second generation who took over e business.

Judging from the responses here... seems like bros here do not mind if they just retired without getting even a least bit of appreciation <_<

well, that depends on the company's retrenchment policy. I am not sure about small company, but MNC usually do compensate according to policy. Even my CIO was asked to go within a day without having a chance to say goodbye - LOYALTY.

Hypersonic

well, that depends on the company's retrenchment policy. I am not sure about small company, but MNC usually do compensate according to policy. Even my CIO was asked to go within a day without having a chance to say goodbye - LOYALTY.

Retrenchment also got a wee bit of compensation. The only "gratitude" my uncle got from his boss was "We had fed you for 40 years!". What a sad ending.

Retrenchment also got a wee bit of compensation. The only "gratitude" my uncle got from his boss was "We had fed you for 40 years!". What a sad ending.

this is a bit inhuman for a boss to say that statement, I feel sorry for your uncle. that is why I never believe loyalty in work, especially in MNC.

usually for SME n this type of Father-Son biz, unless ur uncle happens to be in the "Inner Circle" or on good terms w e son...if not, sure to kick him out one.

sorry but that is fact of life.

Supersonic

Gratitude for what? Your uncle provided his labor for 40 years and his boss paid his salary for 40 years so it's not like he was working for free.

Many years back, someone said to me: his Employer no good. Other new employees promoted after just 3 years, but he worked over nine years no promotion. He replied when I enquired why he had not seek employment eslewhere: so incompetent and lazy, who would want to employ him?

thats why i say

loyalty does not pays

Starting my second job after NS, someone tried to advised me not to go job-hopping. He withdrawn his advice when I explained that anyone one incompetent and lazy unlikley to have the confidence to seek advancement on his own initiative. Loyalty means incompetent and laziness self-confession to me

Mercy-mercy, I keep seeking advancement on my own efforts. I really appreciate those Employers who offered me the advancements, sometimes within weeks... Many thanks for your support all these years.

↡ Advertisement