Appeal For Witness Of Accident At Balestier/Pegu Rd Junction

Vulcann

Just spreading the word even though I have no relation with the victim.

If you have witnessed or know someone who had witnessed this accident which happened on 12 Jan 2011, kindly contact the Stomper.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...r_accident.html

post-5981-1298966172_thumb.jpg

STOMPer Serena's cousin, 29-year-old Janson Tay, has been in a coma since Jan 12. The STOMPer is appealing for witnesses to assist the police in their investigations.

The accident occurred at the junction of Balestier and Pegu Road on Jan 12 at 3.50am.

The STOMPer wrote:

"We appeal to anyone who saw the accident along Balestier Rd on Jan 12 at 3.50am, to please step forward and help the police with their investigations.

"My cousin, Janson Tay, was hit by a vehicle while crossing the road that night.

"Hit head-on, the severe impact caused massive head trauma.

"He has not woken up in the one-and-a-half months since and remains in hospital, in a coma.

"Lawyers we consulted have cited past cases where charges have been dismissed because no eyewitnesses could be found.

"If only the driver's account of the accident is available, the police might not have enough to prosecute.

"Janson cannot speak for himself now, to give his side of the story.

"If you have any information, please contact me at [email protected].

"We are grateful for any help anyone can give. Thank you."

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Just spreading the word even though I have no relation with the victim.

If you have witnessed or know someone who had witnessed this accident which happened on 12 Jan 2011, kindly contact the Stomper.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...r_accident.html

STOMPer Serena's cousin, 29-year-old Janson Tay, has been in a coma since Jan 12. The STOMPer is appealing for witnesses to assist the police in their investigations.

The accident occurred at the junction of Balestier and Pegu Road on Jan 12 at 3.50am.

The STOMPer wrote:

"We appeal to anyone who saw the accident along Balestier Rd on Jan 12 at 3.50am, to please step forward and help the police with their investigations.

"My cousin, Janson Tay, was hit by a vehicle while crossing the road that night.

"Hit head-on, the severe impact caused massive head trauma.

"He has not woken up in the one-and-a-half months since and remains in hospital, in a coma.

"Lawyers we consulted have cited past cases where charges have been dismissed because no eyewitnesses could be found.

"If only the driver's account of the accident is available, the police might not have enough to prosecute.

"Janson cannot speak for himself now, to give his side of the story.

"If you have any information, please contact me at [email protected].

"We are grateful for any help anyone can give. Thank you."

There are too much jaywalking and speeding cars in Spore.. Pls advise all your friends relatives to be careful, thanks MCFers..

Turbocharged

Hope he recovers. This area quite dangerous with blind corner, vehicles parking on the side, speeding cars, jaywalking, sleazy joints all mixed together.

As much as we sympathize wif victims, one jay walked while the other failed to keep proper look out.

BTW, is this a hit and run case? Seems like it.

As much as we sympathize wif victims, one jay walked while the other failed to keep proper look out.

BTW, is this a hit and run case? Seems like it.

Don't think it was a hit & run. The photos in the Stomp website showed the car stationery with part of the windscreen at the passenger side smashed, apparently after hitting the victim.

From what I understand..car driver vs pedestrian..no matter wat, jay walking, dash across road...

driver always lose..

Yes most of the time motorists have to shoulder the majority of the blame even if it is a jaywalking case.

This is because the law correctly identifies that our motor vehicles are potential killing machines and as such, the drivers must exercise due diligence & caution when on the roads, especially towards pedestrians.

Having said that, we do see some idiotic acts by those on foot occasionally.

Just this morning while travelling along Balestier towards Lavender St, a man was slowly crossing the road (jaywalking even though the traffic light junction was just not far ahead) and when he saw my car coming towards him, he glared at me and slowed down even more.

Mind you I was travelling at normal speed, actually slowing down and not even horning him when I saw him...

Well, one has got to be patient when driving.

Else "conflicts" might occur when two objects tried to occupy the same space at the same time...

i think vehicles can cause massive harm, operators should always be mindful, regardless if the pedestrian is at fault.

↡ Advertisement