PAPaya chut stunt again

Thugstercena

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_630237.html

THE upcoming Budget will be 'something good' for Singapore and is likely to benefit not just the low-income group, Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam said on Sunday.

Measures to help Singaporeans, especially low-income families, cope with the higher cost of living are expected to be a dominant feature of the Budget, which will be unveiled on Feb 18.

Asked what the public can expect from the Budget, Mr Tharman said: 'It will be something good for Singapore.'

'But I think we don't shape Budgets just for the short term, the Budgets are very importantly about strengthening Singapore for the long term.'

He was speaking to reporters at the launch of the 1.4km Taman Jurong Cycling Path which was attended by 300 grassroots members and students.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong had said recently that the Government will look to ensure the low-income households can cope with the rising cost of living, which he singled out as a cause of worry for many Singaporeans.

looks like they targeting poor people like us now eh? :(

↡ Advertisement

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_630237.html

THE upcoming Budget will be 'something good' for Singapore and is likely to benefit not just the low-income group, Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam said on Sunday.

Measures to help Singaporeans, especially low-income families, cope with the higher cost of living are expected to be a dominant feature of the Budget, which will be unveiled on Feb 18.

Asked what the public can expect from the Budget, Mr Tharman said: 'It will be something good for Singapore.'

'But I think we don't shape Budgets just for the short term, the Budgets are very importantly about strengthening Singapore for the long term.'

He was speaking to reporters at the launch of the 1.4km Taman Jurong Cycling Path which was attended by 300 grassroots members and students.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong had said recently that the Government will look to ensure the low-income households can cope with the rising cost of living, which he singled out as a cause of worry for many Singaporeans.

looks like they targeting poor people like us now eh? :(

What is new.... after the erection...get ready for 10% GST

Bloody hell... Middle income people are the worst off group. Neither here or there, sandwitched in between.

True... .. eat not full...but will not starve to death... gahmen not really helping u...LL lor...

Bloody hell... Middle income people are the worst off group. Neither here or there, sandwitched in between.

tot filling between the sandwich worth the most?? [laugh] [laugh] jkjk

agree with you, middle income has always been the "jiak buay pa, yiao buay si" group of ppl. work hard work hard... or buy more toto

True... .. eat not full...but will not starve to death... gahmen not really helping u...LL lor...

I rather them not "help" me..... so far for last 30 years, everytime they "help" me, my cost of living go up, medical costs go higher, HDB costs go higher, car price and COE, ERP go higher, Public transport costs go higher, every fcuk thing goes up in price, except my pay. That's the hard truth.

Better stop helping already... [bigcry]

Their so called free market theory is causing all the inflation..imagine you are the stall owner..raise price you know no one will stop you...so continue raise price...then they see gahmen putting token ang pow $$ into edusave, cpf etc..give themm all the more incentive to raise price..

This inflation is a result of the gahmen's apathy and perfect competition theory... [:(]

Then only got two choices lor, either you faster become rich or become poor, poor is the easier choice, if your main goal is just getting attention from gahment [laugh]

SO better ASK for more things at your meet your minister session NOW.

Ask for NTUC voucher...ask for summons cancellation....just ASK NOW.

After erection too late hor.

this is the 2nd time i've heard regarding the 10% GST increase after election... hope is not true... it'll cause quite a stir as 3% increase no small matters...

this is the 2nd time i've heard regarding the 10% GST increase after election... hope is not true... it'll cause quite a stir as 3% increase no small matters...

the increase the dosage slowly so u will not feel the pain

Their so called free market theory is causing all the inflation..imagine you are the stall owner..raise price you know no one will stop you...so continue raise price...then they see gahmen putting token ang pow $$ into edusave, cpf etc..give themm all the more incentive to raise price..

This inflation is a result of the gahmen's apathy and perfect competition theory... [:(]

Just lower the biggest cost to all citizens -> housing, medical & education, and a big burden will be alleviated.

I have seen b4 the poor rather use the little money they have for food, and so decide to skip medical care when they are sick. Prolonged sickness then becomes something more serious. Then end up cannot work and income stops. Is like a vicious cycle that they can't get out of. U give them $50 a month meant for see dr also they rather use it for food. Should allow medisave for GP outpatient use, but then again many odd job men dont even have cpf contribution let alone medisave.

Edited by Sgnick

TS, if you read MCF often, you will know down here is upper middle or elites group leh...

how can they be targeting us when they mentioned targeting the lower income group?

Just lower the biggest cost to all citizens -> housing, medical & education, and a big burden will be alleviated.

I have seen b4 the poor rather use the little money they have for food, and so decide to skip medical care when they are sick. Prolonged sickness then becomes something more serious. Then end up cannot work and income stops. Is like a vicious cycle that they can't get out of. U give them $50 a month meant for see dr also they rather use it for food. Should allow medisave for GP outpatient use, but then again many odd job men dont even have cpf contribution let alone medisave.

Yeah..just now got one stall in TUAS raise prices by 20% overnight..citing rising costs blah blah...ruined my appetite for lunch... [knife] wtf man..

TS, if you read MCF often, you will know down here is upper middle or elites group leh...

how can they be targeting us when they mentioned targeting the lower income group?

Oops, then i am in the wrong place liao?! [sweatdrop] I am not upper middle or elites gp lo, i am lower income gp! [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement