DG MF towel

Frenzzsg

Hi Benny, based on your webbie, which MF cloth are you guys talking about? The furry or the plushy?

I just recently started to wash my own car again after a few years of hiatus. I'm reusing all my other solutions and such from 2007. [laugh]

Any problems with that? Currently using the 521 and 751. Do they have an expiry date?

↡ Advertisement

post-4553-1303178185.jpg

Hi Benny, based on your webbie, which MF cloth are you guys talking about? The furry or the plushy?

I just recently started to wash my own car again after a few years of hiatus. I'm reusing all my other solutions and such from 2007. [laugh]

Any problems with that? Currently using the 521 and 751. Do they have an expiry date?

Hi Bro..this is the DG towel we are talking about..

The liquid solution should be ok to use..only polishes you may keep it for 3 years depending on where you keep..

Hi Bro..this is the DG towel we are talking about..

The liquid solution should be ok to use..only polishes you may keep it for 3 years depending on where you keep..

Bro, do you still have stock for this drying towel? Should I buy just one, or get 2? Can it be used to wash the car other than drying?

And by the way, is the 521 considered a polish as well? If so, means mine should be expired since I got it way back in 2007?

Bro, do you still have stock for this drying towel? Should I buy just one, or get 2? Can it be used to wash the car other than drying?

And by the way, is the 521 considered a polish as well? If so, means mine should be expired since I got it way back in 2007?

Hi Bro..apologise forr my late reply..Yes I have ready stock for the both ww towel and DG towel..The 521 is a quick detailer than a polish..it is fine..

I just washed my car, and started to use my new toys - the washing mitt, the car shampoo and the drying towel.

First of all, I'm not sure whether the diluation is not too correct. Although I got quite a bit of foam after the dilution, however, when I washing the car with the mitt, there was not much foam and water didn't come out very quickly like when I was using the MF cloth to wash.

The wash mitt felt weird in the hand also. Maybe just a matter of getting used to.

Now, the drying towel was fantastic! Really absorbant! It barely felt any different after I dried up my car. However, I think it was still new. Fibre came off a little when I was drying it.

Now that my MF cloths were not used during the washing and drying (I have only 4, and 1 has already become a normal cloth texture), I could use them exclusively to wipe of the rain repel and quick detail. Really good now! Guess I've been not using them correctly for the past few washing.

With the washing mitt, I could relegate my only 2 sponges and clean the wheels and tyres with them. It was only today I missed what I have been reading. We are to wash the rims and rinse them. And it should be soon, not after washing the whole car as well. By the time I have rinsed my ride and ging to rinse my rims, I realised the dirty soap had dried on the rims! Had to wash them and rinse them immediately again. Extra work! [:(]

The good thing is, I finally managed to try the Duragloss Wet Look Tire Shine 281. It made my tyres look new again! :wub:

But I'm not sure whether I can use the sponges again though. Will wash and see. [bigcry]

Finally, the washing of the towels. I just soaked my MF cloths in detergent and will machine wash them tomorrow. Will that be ok? Will it spoil the cloths?

For my drying towel, I just rinsed it with water and then hung it up to air dry. After soaking it and lifting it up, I then realise what the others have been going on about it being heavy, It IS rea heavy after absorbing all the water. :blink:

I just washed my car, and started to use my new toys - the washing mitt, the car shampoo and the drying towel.

First of all, I'm not sure whether the diluation is not too correct. Although I got quite a bit of foam after the dilution, however, when I washing the car with the mitt, there was not much foam and water didn't come out very quickly like when I was using the MF cloth to wash.

The wash mitt felt weird in the hand also. Maybe just a matter of getting used to.

Now, the drying towel was fantastic! Really absorbant! It barely felt any different after I dried up my car. However, I think it was still new. Fibre came off a little when I was drying it.

Now that my MF cloths were not used during the washing and drying (I have only 4, and 1 has already become a normal cloth texture), I could use them exclusively to wipe of the rain repel and quick detail. Really good now! Guess I've been not using them correctly for the past few washing.

With the washing mitt, I could relegate my only 2 sponges and clean the wheels and tyres with them. It was only today I missed what I have been reading. We are to wash the rims and rinse them. And it should be soon, not after washing the whole car as well. By the time I have rinsed my ride and ging to rinse my rims, I realised the dirty soap had dried on the rims! Had to wash them and rinse them immediately again. Extra work! [:(]

The good thing is, I finally managed to try the Duragloss Wet Look Tire Shine 281. It made my tyres look new again! :wub:

But I'm not sure whether I can use the sponges again though. Will wash and see. [bigcry]

Finally, the washing of the towels. I just soaked my MF cloths in detergent and will machine wash them tomorrow. Will that be ok? Will it spoil the cloths?

For my drying towel, I just rinsed it with water and then hung it up to air dry. After soaking it and lifting it up, I then realise what the others have been going on about it being heavy, It IS rea heavy after absorbing all the water. :blink:

Hi Bro..great write up..For the wash mitt..it will get seasoned after a few usage..for the drying towel..it is still new..after a wash it will be ok..this is also why some users will wash it before use..It absorbs lot of water at one time so not recommend to soak into water during drying or it will be heavy..It dries up to 3 cars without need to squeeze dry..

to apply tire shine..get those tire shine applicator with a plastic to hold..less messy..To wash the rims..it is recommend to wash and rinse..becos the when rims or brakes are hot..it dries up much faster..there will be stains left behind..for the cloth..u can machine wash wiith detergent..

Hi Bro..great write up..For the wash mitt..it will get seasoned after a few usage..for the drying towel..it is still new..after a wash it will be ok..this is also why some users will wash it before use..It absorbs lot of water at one time so not recommend to soak into water during drying or it will be heavy..It dries up to 3 cars without need to squeeze dry..

to apply tire shine..get those tire shine applicator with a plastic to hold..less messy..To wash the rims..it is recommend to wash and rinse..becos the when rims or brakes are hot..it dries up much faster..there will be stains left behind..for the cloth..u can machine wash wiith detergent..

So the not to foamy when washing is due to the mitt and not my dilution, right? I used 1 cap to 1/3 pail of water.

I just googled the tyre shine applicator. Looks good. At least I won't be shining my rims too. Anywhere to get them, bro?

By the way, I need to get some MF cloth and the 951 Aquawax from you. I would like to try the Aquawax soon. Should I get the furry or plushy MF cloth?

(edited)

So the not to foamy when washing is due to the mitt and not my dilution, right? I used 1 cap to 1/3 pail of water.

I just googled the tyre shine applicator. Looks good. At least I won't be shining my rims too. Anywhere to get them, bro?

By the way, I need to get some MF cloth and the 951 Aquawax from you. I would like to try the Aquawax soon. Should I get the furry or plushy MF cloth?

You can try a few dilution rate first and see ehich suit you..The tire applicator can be purchase at autobac..

I will be at 1 clementi loop from 9 to 11.30am on Monday 2/5

Edited by Maddriver

You can try a few dilution rate first and see ehich suit you..The tire applicator can be purchase at autobac..

I will be at 1 clementi loop from 9 to 11.30am on Monday 1/5

Er bro, I tot 1st May is today? Monday is 2nd already. I will be coming to get stuffs from you. :D

I will be at 1 clementi loop from 9 to 11.30am on Monday 1/5

Bro, can I self collect at Yishun on Tuesday? Most probably after I knock off at 5pm (hopefully)?

By the way, what's the difference between the plushy MF cloth or the furry MF cloth?

Bro, can I self collect at Yishun on Tuesday? Most probably after I knock off at 5pm (hopefully)?

By the way, what's the difference between the plushy MF cloth or the furry MF cloth?

Hi bro..usually be homw after 7pm..the furry is heavier and texture is different..

I must say the drying towel is good stuff. Even better than my old trusty Japanese chamois which I had for yrs. But I find leaving out to dry takes very long to dry... Now is about 2 days but is still wet even after squeezing out the water. Advice?

I must say the drying towel is good stuff. Even better than my old trusty Japanese chamois which I had for yrs. But I find leaving out to dry takes very long to dry... Now is about 2 days but is still wet even after squeezing out the water. Advice?

Hmm, mine will be quite dry after 2 days after sunning in my balcony..

do you place them under direct sunlight?

Hi bro..usually be homw after 7pm..the furry is heavier and texture is different..

Like that perhaps I'll get from you next week. This week gotta fetch my wife so gotta leave by 5pm.

SMS you again, bro!

Mine took a long time to dry to coz these few days has been raining, so unable to sun them. I do agree they take longer to dry. It's very thick actually.

For DG towel..u can sun it

For ww towel..Is recommended to air dry

Like that perhaps I'll get from you next week. This week gotta fetch my wife so gotta leave by 5pm.

SMS you again, bro!

Sure..No worries..

↡ Advertisement