50 Things to remember from my fond 80s childhood

Thargor

1. You grew up watching He-man, Transformers, Silverhawk, Ultraman, Super Friends, Woody WoodPecker, Tom & Jerry, Care Bears, My Little Pony, Smurfs and Mickey Mouse. Not to forget, maybe Ninja turtles too.

2. You grew up brushing your teeth with a mug in primary school during recess time. You would squat by a drain with all your classmates beside you, and brush your teeth with a colored mug. The teachers said you must brush each side ten times. Not forgetting the silly red tablet which you know not the purpose for.

3. You know what SBC stands for.

4. You know in school, you could subscribe to get the milk which would come before you go back home. Some days you would get chocolate milk, other days strawberry. The old Magnolia fresh milk came in a triangular packet.

5. You were there when the first Chinese serial, The Awakening was shown on TV.

6. Everyone in class would tremble in fear when someone with a gauze stuck in the mouth came to your class and called out a name to go visit the school dentist.

7. You find your friends with pagers and handphone cool in secondary school.

8. SBS buses used to be non-airconditioned. The bus seats were made of wood and the cushion was red. The big red bell gave a loud BEEEP when pressed. There were colorful tickets for CSS buses. The conductor would check tickets using a machine that punched a hole in each ticket. All SBS buses used to be manually operated, with a gigantic gearstick to the left of the driver.

9. Your favorite actor and actress were Huang Wenyong and Xiang Yun. Next were Li Nanxing and Zoe Tay and the Aiyoyo woman (Chen Liping).

10. You

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

WOW! 1984? George Owell? Kidding.

1984..... I was on a wearing running around in some god forsaken jungle!

lol...1984...i only 9 years old....

WOW! 1984? George Owell? Kidding.

1984..... I was on a wearing running around in some god forsaken jungle!

ded

a few memorable cars from the 80s: AE86, mod Starlet, RX7, CelicaGT4, ..... any more?

1.How about taxi and some private cars have mini fans attached in front of the dashboard

2. Playgrounds are filled with sand with wooden see-saw, metal merry-go-round and stone slide

Come on lah....what is so great about the 80s?

Most of those things are still available now.....

U mean 50% or more are still available now? If not cannot consider most...

Would like to visit your area :)

The best is KALKITOS!!

http://www.kalkitos.sg/

Seems like some singaporeans also was thinking of his 80s childhood.....and has the rights to the name and is manufacturing it!!

Just ordered one whole set to relive my 1979 all over again!!

Which brings me back to my favourite song when I was young...Boney M rocks!!

Y-O-U-N-G -F-R- double E, a-a-and single, sss-single.

Y-O-U-N-G -F-R- double E, a-a-and single, sss-single.

A-a-and single, sss-single