50 Things to remember from my fond 80s childhood

Thargor

post-18199-1296105289_thumb.jpg

Mercedes 200 for the big boss only pronouced as Zee Kong Kong

280 for big boss big. Zee Buay Kong

500 for presidents only.

Dealers only have 3 or 4 models in their entire line up.

Edited by Bavarian
↡ Advertisement

Your favorite favorite sports star is Micheal Jordan, I think that was the 90s thou..I didn't spend a lot of childhood in the 80s leh. :p, 90s also can right?

Jordan was a guy, not a country or a singer

You have a poster of either the F40 or Diablo in your room, & sweat to buy one when you grow up.

Listening to rock & heavy metals like Metalica, Guns & roses, & Iron Maiden are cool, as are wearing shirts of rock theme, & dressing like a rock stars, by cutting your own good pairs of jeans & waering leather jacket, never mind our hot weather.

Madonna didn't need botox then

You have discussion with friends on ideas to sneak in to watch RA films, but you never execute them.

You go to the local aracde after school, & have a shirt inside your bag to change, as you can't enter in school uniform. And you only play fighting games like Street Fighter II, or King of Fighters.

Global warming & climate change was unheard of.

Your favorite favorite sports star is Micheal Jordan, I think that was the 90s thou..I didn't spend a lot of childhood in the 80s leh. :p, 90s also can right?

Jordan was a guy, not a country or a singer

You have a poster of either the F40 or Diablo in your room, & sweat to buy one when you grow up.

Listening to rock & heavy metals like Metalica, Guns & roses, & Iron Maiden are cool, as are wearing shirts of rock theme, & dressing like a rock stars, by cutting your own good pairs of jeans & waering leather jacket, never mind our hot weather.

Madonna didn't need botox then

You have discussion with friends on ideas to sneak in to watch RA films, but you never execute them.

You go to the local aracde after school, & have a shirt inside your bag to change, as you can't enter in school uniform. And you only play fighting games like Street Fighter II, or King of Fighters.

Global warming & climate change was unheard of.

last time far east got a arcade which provide shirt for you to change [laugh]

Mercedes 200 for the big boss only pronouced as Zee Kong Kong

280 for big boss big. Zee Buay Kong

500 for presidents only.

Dealers only have 3 or 4 models in their entire line up.

my place still got one. in almost perfect condition [laugh]

Lada (Russian), Subaru Vivio, Madza Astina roamed the roads during that era (or was it in the 90s?)

astina was the 90s lah. the 80s were ruled by the familia sport. [thumbsup]

1981 version:

post-1105-1296108091_thumb.jpg

1986 version:

post-1105-1296108125.jpg

last time far east got a arcade which provide shirt for you to change [laugh]

Didnt went to any arcade in the 80's. I went to the nearest provision shop, behind the shop was two arcade machine. Spent lots of 20cents to play that aeroplane game. When I got my first PC in the 90's, a 486DX2, this was the first few games I bought and played till I won w/o spending too much 20cents. Cos I bought the pirated game at Katong. [laugh]

Didnt went to any arcade in the 80's. I went to the nearest provision shop, behind the shop was two arcade machine. Spent lots of 20cents to play that aeroplane game. When I got my first PC in the 90's, a 486DX2, this was the first few games I bought and played till I won w/o spending too much 20cents. Cos I bought the pirated game at Katong. [laugh]

oh ya ya!!

the computer shop at katong! bought so many pirated games there!

[laugh] [laugh]

after buy finish game then go upstair play bowling

oh ya ya!!

[laugh] [laugh]

Pay a bit more, & you can get the manual, printout on A4 or something, which you may need for entering password. But thats the 90s right, certainly the 90s for me.

oh ya ya!!

[laugh] [laugh]

sure only buy pirated games ....... [sly]

sure got some 3r VCD .................. :ph34r:[:p][:p]

Pay a bit more, & you can get the manual, printout on A4 or something, which you may need for entering password. But thats the 90s right, certainly the 90s for me.

yeah... some games still got got 7-8 diskette one

[laugh] [laugh]

still got ah lim from upper serangoon shopping centre too [laugh]

Bro. I worked in Moto, then.

Then, you had to go to Singtel Comcenter at Killiney to buy a handphone. 3rd floor or something. One whole exclusive floor with tables to sit down while the SE explains the phone to you. [laugh]

小小个就学人家打飞机? [laugh][laugh]

yeah... some games still got got 7-8 diskette one

[laugh] [laugh]

still got ah lim from upper serangoon shopping centre too [laugh]

Basement 1. Super popular with schools in the North zone.

Also, blue film came in video tapes. one film, all share. whole class watch until nuah. everyone knows the same story.

Question: Why do illegal video tape runners bother to wrap the tapes in newspaper when everyone obviously knows what it is? :huh: That is like the worst camoflage of the decade.

Edited by Bavarian

life back then was about playing fighting spiders, we'll keep them in matchboxes or the slightly "atas" ones use cassette tape boxes.

will put leaf inside too...now dun know where to catch liao...but that is fun...