Forgotten Tales of Singapore

Ahtong

Do you remember the bloody riot on Pulau Senanag? The jury of seven men found 18 of the accused guilty of murder. They were sentenced to death and hanged at Changi Prison on Friday, October 29th, 1965, in batches of three at a time.

October 29th

29/10/1965 Eighteen Men

↡ Advertisement

That was by our local band, Tokyo Square, "Within you will remain" they used to play at the old

Paramount Hotel, live bar, every Friday nights, weekends Saturday would be Gingerbread.

talking about music, i remember in the 80s one of my favourite songs was "within you'll remain"

heard this song was quite a hit in US, 'though quite mushy with the "wo ai ni" repeated in its chorus [laugh]

One of the pioneering bands of Singapore , Tokyo Square was formed in 1985 by Max Surin. Together with his sister, Linda Elizabeth, the band had many local girls swooning after the boys, while Linda enthralled everyone with her powerful vocals. However, it was only with their no.1 hit radio song,

It's good to note that 2SIR was still under british training that time and SAF is not formed, even though 2SIR was eventually integrated to SAF after independence.

So those soldiers were technically the british "short panted soldiers" type. Anyway their ambush killing was quite brutal. I heard the indonesian soldiers actually mutilate the corpse, cut off their dicks and stuff into their own mouths.

Of course the 2SIR folks back then couldn't take the insult and strikes back.

I heard that the patrol was ambushed near a waterfall or creek when they stopped to rest. Failed to post sentries and left their weapons unguarded when they went into the water. Not too sure if it is true.

It's good to note that 2SIR was still under british training that time and SAF is not formed, even though 2SIR was eventually integrated to SAF after independence.

So those soldiers were technically the british "short panted soldiers" type. Anyway their ambush killing was quite brutal. I heard the indonesian soldiers actually mutilate the corpse, cut off their dicks and stuff into their own mouths.

Of course the 2SIR folks back then couldn't take the insult and strikes back.

this happened before independence aye? so technically malaysian army, singapore division.

btw i love those old front page newspaper cutouts...

How come nobody remember the Andrew Road robbery? hahah

Oh........... thats army boy with a M16 rifle........ [rifle]

years later, taxi crash through the gate and into the house compound ..... :ph34r:

What about the 3 brothers - Wahab Brothers also known as the Oily Man who rob houses only in underwear and their bodies covered with black oil. Hard for ppl to catch them as their bodies are oily & slippery.

They are later cornered at a Muslim cemetery along Victoria Street where they shot themself after standoff with police for 18hrs...... [cool]

talking about music, i remember in the 80s one of my favourite songs was "within you'll remain"

heard this song was quite a hit in US, 'though quite mushy with the "wo ai ni" repeated in its chorus [laugh]

One of the pioneering bands of Singapore , Tokyo Square was formed in 1985 by Max Surin. Together with his sister, Linda Elizabeth, the band had many local girls swooning after the boys, while Linda enthralled everyone with her powerful vocals. However, it was only with their no.1 hit radio song,

Wah! Even this one you still remember!

Do you still remember the case at SGH mortuary where the male nurse

would rape all the female bodies, and the coroner was wondering why the

female bodies had semen in their private parts, even road accident victims.

Police did a stake out and caught the guy red handed in the act.

Circa early 1960s.

What about the 3 brothers - Wahab Brothers also known as the Oily Man who rob houses only in underwear and their bodies covered with black oil. Hard for ppl to catch them as their bodies are oily & slippery.

They are later cornered at a Muslim cemetery along Victoria Street where they shot themself after standoff with police for 18hrs...... [cool]

Here in MCF there can only be one and only Tee Kia.........PICNIC06,

now older, name change to Tee Kong. [laugh] [laugh]

One handsome gangster chief better know as Lim Ban Lim ......................... -_-

and his asistant by the nick name of "Tee Kia" ....... :ph34r:

Wah! Even this one you still remember!

Do you still remember the case at SGH mortuary where the male nurse

would rape all the female bodies, and the coroner was wondering why the

female bodies had semen in their private parts, even road accident victims.

Police did a stake out and caught the guy red handed in the act.

Circa early 1960s.

this is farking sick... necrophilia?

How come nobody remember the Andrew Road robbery? hahah

Cos there were more 'interesting' unsolved cases? Anyway, was the andrew rd case solved? Actually I find that case to be quite 'normal' except for maybe, if we have to look for something 'sensational', the rape? Or did I get everything mixed up?

Neutral Newbie

Who can remember any details of the 4children murdered in Kallang Bahru in 1970s? The parents went home to find their 4children dead with multiple stab wounds.. Some said ah long, some said its parents murdered them becos of religious ritual.. I dunno..