Forgotten Tales of Singapore

Ahtong

Yes, but the there was a restaurant of sorts there as well. Open air, not aircon.

nice place in fact. Now all gone.

Not that I know of leh bro...

I only know I go opposite Garden beo courting couple.

↡ Advertisement

One of my classmates said some siao charbor from CHIJ stick pad on the tree one side, cannot see,

other side see blood. [laugh] [laugh]

That tree is still there for sure. SAC girls shares the same quadrangle as my pri sch... wooo la la

That tree used to bleed i think.

Hmmmm I thought there is still a restaurant there?

Yes, but the there was a restaurant of sorts there as well. Open air, not aircon.

nice place in fact. Now all gone.

I missed my Whitley Road hawker centre of the 70's ....... [smash]

It was below the Thomson Flyover & PIE and it was my Saturday weekend hangout with a group of football kakis. There was this [gorgeous] by the name of Karen who is helping her father selling turtle soup. Then the 'big' prawn noodle, roti john, teh aliar, fish balls soup .... etc .... [rolleyes][rolleyes]

See picture, was outside PS, across the road.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/151/4289718...42f20a5.jpg?v=0[/

and a write up by someone who remembered they had fishes in the pond below the restaurant as well.

If you remember, across the road, from PS, there was this little garden where, yes couples would go and sit and chat,

there was a small restaurant, all wooden, with tables and chairs, roughly could sit say hmm....30 or more I guess,

"Mike

Friday, July 10, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Fond memories of Plaza Singapura when I was a kid growing up in the 70s and 80s in Singapore.

I remember there were small bridges linking the small ponds outside of the old Plaza Singapura in the 70s and 80s. I ate my food in one of the little so-called huts in those ponds and watched the world go by.

Remember going to watch Shaggy Dog the movie at the old Cathay cinema on a weekend morning with my godmum and her son. Did shopping and had our grub at the food court in Plaza Singapura and we then walked from the side entrance/exit of the building towards Cathay Cinema."

Hmmmm I thought there is still a restaurant there?

See picture, was outside PS, across the road.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/151/4289718...42f20a5.jpg?v=0[/

and a write up by someone who remembered they had fishes in the pond below the restaurant as well.

If you remember, across the road, from PS, there was this little garden where, yes couples would go and sit and chat,

there was a small restaurant, all wooden, with tables and chairs, roughly could sit say hmm....30 or more I guess,

"Mike

Friday, July 10, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Fond memories of Plaza Singapura when I was a kid growing up in the 70s and 80s in Singapore.

I remember there were small bridges linking the small ponds outside of the old Plaza Singapura in the 70s and 80s. I ate my food in one of the little so-called huts in those ponds and watched the world go by.

Remember going to watch Shaggy Dog the movie at the old Cathay cinema on a weekend morning with my godmum and her son. Did shopping and had our grub at the food court in Plaza Singapura and we then walked from the side entrance/exit of the building towards Cathay Cinema."

hmmmmm........... talking about that garden.... walking another further and there is a small shopping centre (now called Park Mall) where once a coffee house used to be. It was called 'Silver Spoon' ...... [sly]

I ate my first beef steak there ........... [thumbsup]

Edited by Picnic06

Under the Bridge .......

I missed my Whitley Road hawker centre of the 70's ....... [smash]

It was below the Thomson Flyover & PIE and it was my Saturday weekend hangout with a group of football kakis. There was this [gorgeous] by the name of Karen who is helping her father selling turtle soup. Then the 'big' prawn noodle, roti john, teh aliar, fish balls soup .... etc .... [rolleyes][rolleyes]

I literally grew up in Plaza Singapura becoz my old house was just behind at Mt. Sophia. Yaohan occupies Ground floor, B1 & B2 of Plaza Sing.

The bakery (Yaohan Banderole or something like that) was on B1, outside the cashiers. Red bean paste buns were deep fried or something like that. Also the hotdog buns. The buns were a rich and luxurius compared to what we had normally (coconut, kaya etc) had. Also sold baby Anpan. People will stand outside the glass panel and watch the chefs in action (sibei suakoo one).

7th floor was Yamaha music school. and a cafe + One indonesian restaurant.

wah, polar bear you so rich one ah? :o :o :o

Hey, we might know each other. 6 mile was "Luck Koh Chio" and there was the 5th Mile Market at Upper Serangoon, Lim Tua Tow Road.

I, too grew up in Gardens, spiders, marbles, goli, fighting kites with glass strings etc.... Man, if you remember,the old cinema, "Kok Wah"? :D

We stayed along Philip Avenue. There's a Japanese Cemetery nearby. There a provision shop located across the old Rosyth School, and it's still in operation when I last checked, a few months ago. Use to get 5cts discount on soft drinks there for every empty bottle returned.

Not too sure if Kok Wah is the one beside Highland Centre? If that is, did watch a few movies there then.

Makan at Do Re Mi .....

OMG I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT DOREMI!!!!

Bought my first christmas toy from Yaohan when I was about 10?

Transformer autobot Perceptor

remember i had to choose between rodimus prime and perceptor LOL

and bought a lot of asterix books from the bookshop, go on kiddy rides, etc

man...... time flies.

OMG I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT DOREMI!!!!

Bought my first christmas toy from Yaohan when I was about 10?

Transformer autobot Perceptor

remember i had to choose between rodimus prime and perceptor LOL

and bought a lot of asterix books from the bookshop, go on kiddy rides, etc

man...... time flies.

and you chose perceptor? <_<

↡ Advertisement