Creative Ziio (cheap tablet), anyone bought?

Albeniz

Was at Challenger this morning and I saw the Creative Ziio on the shelf. It is a 7 inch android-based tablet and is retailing at ~S$360. There should be a 10 inch one too (but not too sure of the price). Has anyone bought it? Looks quite good. Very tempted to buy as the price is so much cheaper than Ipad and Galaxy tab.

Appreciate your sharing of experience, thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Was at Challenger this morning and I saw the Creative Ziio on the shelf. It is a 7 inch android-based tablet and is retailing at ~S$360. There should be a 10 inch one too (but not too sure of the price). Has anyone bought it? Looks quite good. Very tempted to buy as the price is so much cheaper than Ipad and Galaxy tab.

Appreciate your sharing of experience, thanks.

i did lots of research about this device.

end up i decided against it.

basically its just a very capable mp3/4 player.

and u can't use android marketplace.

so basically u'r stuck with whichever apps creative provides.

Auld lang sye to creative.

They have lost their creativity.

Does the Ziio have the potential to support 3G? Meaning, can we insert a dongle (or something) so that we can still access internet even if we are not in the free wifi zone?

(edited)

S$360 for a Creative tablet is definitely within my budget. This is one gadget I would consider buying compared to those made by unknown companies in China.

But I need one which could allow me to surf the internet even if I am out of the Wifi zone.

Can it tap onto my Samsung Galaxy S phone for internet access?

Edited by Albeniz

S$360 for a Creative tablet is definitely within my budget. This is one gadget I would consider buying compared to those made by unknown companies in China.

But I need one which could allow me to surf the internet even if I am out of the Wifi zone.

Can it tap onto my Samsung Galaxy S phone for internet access?

My take is if you get a half baked tablet that only serve limited purpose, it likely to become a white elephant.... Getting a better ones give you more features and apps to extend the usage by members of family would see your money well spent!

If usage out of wifi range is more often, get a 3G model increases the ROI! :D

Personally, I don't understand the appeal of these "Pads" as long as the price is in or near the $400 to $500 or above range.

Just top up a little bit more and you can get a netbook with much improved functionality.

Even the iPad is very much over-hyped. Lack of onboard camera and inability to run Flash are mistakes made by the manufacturer/designer (perhaps they also rush to the market, and did not have time to work out the integration problems??), which they're trying to gloss over by stating that these features are unnecessary.

Personally, I don't understand the appeal of these "Pads" as long as the price is in or near the $400 to $500 or above range.

Just top up a little bit more and you can get a netbook with much improved functionality.

Even the iPad is very much over-hyped. Lack of onboard camera and inability to run Flash are mistakes made by the manufacturer/designer (perhaps they also rush to the market, and did not have time to work out the integration problems??), which they're trying to gloss over by stating that these features are unnecessary.

I already have a netbook but the netbook takes a long time to boot up when I just need to surf the net or read email.

Ever since I got the Galaxy-S handphone, I have put my netbook aside.

But too bad the screen of my Galaxy-S is small. Hence I am considering the andoid tablet.

I already have a netbook but the netbook takes a long time to boot up when I just need to surf the net or read email.

Ever since I got the Galaxy-S handphone, I have put my netbook aside.

But too bad the screen of my Galaxy-S is small. Hence I am considering the andoid tablet.

Same situation here, bro. Chucked my netbook aside when I got my Galaxy S.

Maybe can try to run your netbook on Windows 7, my desktop boots up so much fasterer running it compared to XP.

Have not tried on my netbook though . . . .

Galaxy S is okay except for the small screen.

Creative products should be slightly betterer than MIC products bah? ^_^

Edited by Vroomtattat

creative?? they are still around?. not yet close shop meh??..... i sworn many years back not to buy any creative product and if u ask me, stay away from it since this is NOT their core business to begin with..... and im not interested to know more info on this product... i will buy any made in china product over theirs anytime.......... [laugh]

(edited)

creative?? they are still around?. not yet close shop meh??..... i sworn many years back not to buy any creative product and if u ask me, stay away from it since this is NOT their core business to begin with..... and im not interested to know more info on this product... i will buy any made in china product over theirs anytime.......... [laugh]

I am quite skeptical about buying China products (especially from those unknown companies) when it comes to handphones and tablets.

I am worried about the batteries. If the ones from Ipad and Creative explode while charging, you could win a legal case and be compensated with a lot of money. If the batteries (of tablets or handphones) from China explode, the company could fold up and rename itself as something else. No avenue to seek redress.

Edited by Albeniz

Last time used to own creative products ESP mp3 players. Their products dun last long, use awhile crash, spoil, juz refuse to work.

Most heartpain, 20 gig of mp3 songs in creative juke box gone..

Been using iPod.. For years, nvr let me down.

Last time used to own creative products ESP mp3 players. Their products dun last long, use awhile crash, spoil, juz refuse to work.

Most heartpain, 20 gig of mp3 songs in creative juke box gone..

Been using iPod.. For years, nvr let me down.

:blink: no wonder got refurbished products in the warehouse sales

Does the Ziio have the potential to support 3G? Meaning, can we insert a dongle (or something) so that we can still access internet even if we are not in the free wifi zone?

Note that Ziio is a resistive and not capacitive type tablet. Current Ziio only have wifi, it do not support 3G nor does it support tethering to a phone.

There is a discussion abt Ziio at HWZ http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthre...5779&page=6

For tablet with capacitive screen, you might wanna review Archos 7" tablet. It has wifi but also do not support 3G, however it allows tethering to a phone

with data plan which means it can surf net thru' the phone. Price for this tablet is 400+

There is also a discussion on this tablet at HWZ http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2970765

Both brands have both 7" n 10" model. I bought the Archos 7" tablet from Challenger store.

cheers n happy reviewing :D