Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

When I booked mine 2 weeks back it didn't come with it. Only 1 year free servicing.

That means I am not alone....

I find that the FOC respray very useful even though have to book a few months beforehand.... My car roof kana a small paint chip in less than 2 weeks.... As the roof is higher than me and the chip cannot see from far..... I leave it alone.....

↡ Advertisement

It should be a typo mistake from BM. There is only one CVT transmission from Toyota currently which is super CVT-i.

In conclusion there is no difference on the CVT transmission for Wish from BM/PI.

Wish from BM comes with HID head lights, fog lights and most importantly the aftersales support from AD (especially currently there are so many recalls from all car manufacturers), its a no brainer decision to get Wish from BM instead of PI.

Why take the risk to get it from PI as you could get it from BM at 109k with guaranteed COE. My two cents worth.

You really think that is a typo error on the BM Website and the broche...Haha.

After reading your post, i decided to ask BM and their email reply is CVT-7speed sports shift gearbox and not CVT-i.

What you said is correct that Toyota currently is super CVT-i but that is make for domestic market.

Due to Japan 4 season weather, their Wish come with UV treated wind screen, UV treated front window and tinted rear window.

And Rear drum brake is for ALL 2WD Wish. The domestic Wish were imported by PI.

Toyota has another plant in Japan that make Wish for Export market like BM. Which custom make to BM requirement. Example non-treated wind screen, non-treated window and rear brak disc.

Correct me if I'm wrong...this is just for discussion. I think no great different between CVT and CVT-i.

Neutral Newbie

I booked in end aug

105k NG + 2k leather

Cheaper means wait longer, or no car

When can you collect? And what color?

Hi Leion,

Successful with got your COE biding?

Neutral Newbie

No luck. They bid 51k again

Hi Leion dun Sian .cos I more Sian they

Bid mine $53k n I still can't get it

Neutral Newbie

We got the coe today. Booked 2 weeks ago I guess cause coe fell 2.5k higher chance.

Hi,may I know how much u buy?

Booked the standard at 106k. By the way how do know how much BM bid. Is it the current reserve amount in the lta site?

Yep, if you type in your nric you can tell :)

Didn't you pay 106?

The ad was for 104k, so that's 2k more right? 

i guess 2k additional is for the solar film + leather seat + front camera

2k for all that is a good deal!

Congrats on the ride.

I recall this car costs > 145k when it first came.. superb value. Made in Japan and a high quality gearbox too. 

You really think that is a typo error on the BM Website and the broche...Haha.

After reading your post, i decided to ask BM and their email reply is CVT-7speed sports shift gearbox and not CVT-i.

What you said is correct that Toyota currently is super CVT-i but that is make for domestic market.

Due to Japan 4 season weather, their Wish come with UV treated wind screen, UV treated front window and tinted rear window.

And Rear drum brake is for ALL 2WD Wish. The domestic Wish were imported by PI.

Toyota has another plant in Japan that make Wish for Export market like BM. Which custom make to BM requirement. Example non-treated wind screen, non-treated window and rear brak disc.

Correct me if I'm wrong...this is just for discussion. I think no great different between CVT and CVT-i.

Thank you for spending your efforts in emailing BM to clarify on the CVT and CVT-i transmission. Do you mind emailing Toyota Japan to find out which other export models are still using CVT instead of CVT-i other than Wish and what is the performance difference between these two CVT transmission?

If you refer to the below link on the specification for JDM Wish, only the 2WD for 1.8X Wish comes with rear drum brake, all the other variance (2.0Z, 1.8S/A/G) come with rear disc brake, regardless 2WD or 4WD.

http://toyota.jp/pages/contents/wish/002_p_011/pdf/spec/wish_spec_201505.pdf

Anyway since the 1.8X Wish brought in by PI is the 2WD version and only comes with rear drum brake, this again ascertain that the Wish from BM is more value for money (HID head lamps, fog lights, rear disc brake, after sales support).

2 coe back the price was 107, before the last coe price result it was 106. I think 3 coe back was 104. So I booked at 106. I didn't top up 2.4 for the leather and film as I think it's not worth. Edited by jobseeker87
↡ Advertisement